Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ Twoleg Place ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Twoleg place
Chapter 11

She pushed her friends down to the bank, her pelt gleaming with shivery. “We should hurry before the storm gets here.” meowed Cheetahfur acting as if a true leader. “The fastest way home will be this way now come.” growled Ravenheart shifting into the water.
“Good luck and the best of wishes Rainpaw.” mewed Dainty who padded up to her. Rainpaw turned around. She knew she would never even think about forgetting her friend on the island. Maybe someday they would meet again.
“Good-bye Dainty may your every thought come true.” meowed Rainpaw giving her friend’s ear a quick lick. Dainty gave her a lick in return. “Don’t worry Rainpaw I will never forget you.” she mewed.
“Same way Dainty, I will never forget you.” smiled Rainpaw nodding. “Good-bye Dainty maybe all of us will meet you again some day.” mewed Cheetahfur who padded between the two cats.
“Come on now Rainpaw our clan is waiting.” he purred. “Bye Rainpaw.” whispered Dainty as she backed away with Cheetahfur.
“Good-bye.” mewed Rainpaw silently.
She followed Cheetahfur back to shore. The feeling she felt right now was different then anything she had ever felt. Her heart pounded harder as she padded into the water. Pebbles went between her toes, she felt the current brush against her.
“The current is stronger today so be careful.” warned Cheetahfur who was already ahead in the deeper part of the river. His strong paws padded swiftly in the water.
The currents rocked her body though she stayed calm and restless. Her energy pushed together as she grabbed the waters beneath her with her unsheathed claws, making sure nothing tried to attack her.
The murmuring voice of Dainty echoed in her mind . “I will never forget you Dainty” mewed Rainpaw in a whispering voice.
“Come on Rainpaw.” spat Hawkfur who was far ahead of her. “Yah, come on Rainpaw, your swimming like a fearing of water kittypet.” hissed Swiftclaw.
“Yah, for a Riverclan cat you really are slow.” laughed Tigerpaw who was next to her. Rainpaw pulled herself up, her fur silently moving quicker in the water. “Try not to catch up to hard.” said Swiftclaw pushing ahead of where he swam.
She swam faster hoping soon they would go out of the water onto the shore. Cheetahfur hit Hawkfur in the nose with his wet tail before he could add a curt comment to Swiftclaw’s.
Hawkfur snorted in reply. “You are crowfood.” growled the dark tabby padding closer to Fawnheart. “Yah and you are ignorant.” hissed Cheetahfur glancing back.
“We are half way there.” he panted still pacing strongly.
“Once we get out of this water, I am going to sleep.” growled Ravenheart padding faster toward the shore. The black she-cat was panting hard. Swiftclaw was huffing and coughing as well. Hawkfur and Tigerpaw padded together keeping warm by being beside one another.
“I wish the river was as wide as the river near home.” growled Rainpaw passing Swiftclaw and Amberpaw.
Her head keep up from the shallow tight river waters, all the currents pushed her back and forth yet Dainty’s words were still in his mind repeating.
Rainpaw felt her feet drag under as if she was being pulled down once more. She held her breath and looked under the water. A small green head with a large snout was biting at her leg.
It’s teeth pieced her leg making her start to bleed. She began to panic thrashing around the waters tormentedly.
She spinned around in the water struggling vilely. “What is wrong with you Rainpaw.” asked Amberpaw her eyes wide with fear. Rainpaw couldn’t answer for the pressure on her leg increased and she fell prey to the lose of grip of her strength.
She tried to breath until she opened her eyes and realized that she was underwater. Her claws scrapped at the gator yet it didn’t let go, her heart pounded fast then slowly losing energy fast.
Until she couldn’t breath anymore and she closed her eyes prepared to die.

Rainpaw opened her eyes. She was on shore across the island. “Welcome back to reality.” laughed Ravenheart giving her ear a gentle lick. “What happened I thought I was going to die and join Starclan.” she mewed gasping up water.
The air in the land stunk of Twolegs. “The smell of this place smells like Twolegs.” growled Swiftclaw stiffing the air. “I hate Twolegs and their thrash.” he growled looking at all the junk surrounding the area. “Rats are probably swarming the area.” growled Tigerpaw his tail flicking violently. “Rainpaw you were lucky this time but next time Cheetahfur won’t be there to save you.” growled Amberpaw seeing her friend was awake.
“What do you mean saved me?” asked Rainpaw padding over toward the ginger she-cat. “Oh, he didn’t tell you did he. Well, he saved you from the gator then grabbed you and put you on his back then padded you to shore.” she mewed.
“If I were you I would thank him, for you owe him.” meowed Amberpaw.
She padded over toward Cheetahfur, her eyes glowed with embarrassment. Rainpaw sat down beside the golden spotted tom who was panting rapidly. “Well you finally woke up.” mewed Cheetahfur licking his wet paws.
“Yah about that, thank you Cheetahfur. Thank you for saving me.” she purred her eyes blinded by the sun yet it wasn’t the warmth of the sun that she felt it was the warmth of her own heart pounding warmly.

She curled up next to the hut near a patch of flowers. Rainpaw felt the ground vibrate from under her paws. The snoring and sleeping sounds of her fellow companions made her sigh.
Her tail twitched nervously as if she was about to fight in a battle to kill someone deadly.
When was she going to get home she thought?