Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ Escaping the Island ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Escaping the island
Chapter 10

Rainpaw opened her eyes, she sprang to her feet. “Good morning Rainpaw.” mewed Amberpaw who opened her eyes and yawned. “Yah you stinking furball.” laughed Swiftclaw prodding Hawkfur.
The dark tabby tom opened his amber eyes. “Will you give it a rest.” spat Hawkfur viciously. He pawed at Swiftclaw, his eyes were glaring with friendship as if he were in the sane clan.
Rainpaw washed her paw with her tongue then rubbed it against her head. Her head tilted as she saw that it was morning. “It is morning already.” hissed Rainpaw padding toward the bright entrance of the den.
Dainty stood outside, Adory beside her.
“It is time for you to leave Rainpaw.” she meowed. “Gather your friends young warrior.” meowed Adory flicking her tail. “Gutsy, Clever, and Bella are going to get the rest of your friends. They have went hunting, and after you eat it is best if you are off.” growled the white and ginger she-cat.
A black tom padded toward Adory, Fawnheart beside him as well as Tigerpaw and Cheetahfur.
“Well did you find anything?” asked the pale brown tom beside the black tom. “You know what, we did find some fish and a baby deer.” growled Tigerpaw unsheathing his claws.
A gray tom padded forth, his long tail swept the ground where he stood. “Yes Valiant, what is it?” asked the brown tom.
Rainpaw stared at the young tom. He had pale amber eyes and a dark gray pelt.
“I found out some news, the outsiders will be able to pass the river now.” he mewed. “Clever and Gutsy they must hurry and eat or they might get dragged under water from a gator.” growled Adory.
Clever, the black tom nodded. “Yes they will have to eat swiftly.” he snarled leaping over the pond onto his rock.
Cheetahfur dragged a baby deer into the den. Amberpaw, Swiftclaw, and Hawkfur stood up to greet them, Ravenheart still was fast asleep though. “Wake up you furball.” growled Fawnheart nudging her friend with her muzzle.
Ravenheart twitched her ears. Her green eyes glared deeply at her friend. “I am starving.” she purred springing to her feet.

Cheetahfur padded deeper into the den and dropped the fawn. Rainpaw padded up to him. “Well are you going to miss traveling so much.” she laughed looking down at the fawn.
He shook his head. “I wish to get back to my clan soon Rainpaw and the traveling has only helped us a little.
“Soon as we get home to our clan things could be changed. Like for example your brother and Sierrapaw may already be a warrior by now.” he meowed.
Rainpaw stared at her feet, she never thought to look up.
Is it true then that I will never become a warrior while my best friend and brother have been together as warriors without her. She wished the thought would leave yet she knew it was true.
“Cheetahfur I know but faith in me is all you need, right?” she asked flicking her tail emotionally. He nodded then bended down to start eating the fresh-kill.
Rainpaw looked up at the hole in the top of the den. Will they be able to survive all the dangers the river gave them. Including dangerous predators, currents, and a long time to swim in the water not to mention the Twolegs homes at the other side.
Rainpaw looked at all her friends they all seemed to be determined not to give up, and then why should she?
“May I have some.” growled Rainpaw glaring at the fawn he had caught. “Sure after all you are one of my clan mates.” he meowed. His tail twisted around hers.
Rainpaw heavily panted then leaned her head over to bite down into the leg of the deer. Her heart beated faster as she chewed the fleshy leg. Was it her imagination or was there a spark of loyalty in his eyes.
She ignored his look and unsheathed her claws. Her ears flicked as she swallowed her prey.
“Where did you find this?” she asked looking at the small deer then Cheetahfur. “I was hunting and I found it drinking water near the shore. Of course Tigerpaw and I spotted it yet I pounced after it while Tigerpaw watch as if he was a leader watching his clan.” meowed Cheetahfur.
Rainpaw nodded then padded closer to Cheetahfur, her blue eyes looked from him to her food.
She gripped a bone in her teeth. “Look I’m a dog.” she laughed dropping the bone beside her.
“I am full now.” she purred picking herself up to tend to her friends. “Come, Amberpaw we should get going. “What’s your rush?” asked the dark ginger apprentice. “We should leave, that’s all.” mewed Rainpaw nudging her friend.