Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ Dainty and the god of love ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Dainty and the goddess of love
Chapter 9

Rainpaw scuffed against Amberpaw, her eyes glittering. “What is with you Rainpaw?” asked Amberpaw kicking her friend with her hind legs. “Oh, I just made a new friend while I was chanting, her name is Dainty. “Oh, you mean that weird type of strange dance they were doing.” mewed Amberpaw. “Yes, I shouldn’t try to be friends with her but she is lonely and I like her.” she mewed. “I am quite hungry.” purred Amberpaw rushing off to get some food from the small wooden stump the prey was on.
Rainpaw padded after her, her paw steps echoed from the sky. “Oh, I dearly miss my clan.” she purred. “Lets the stars be our guide.” she whispered to herself.
As she trembled in her den the words of Dainty repeated in her head and she tried to stay beside Ravenheart and Amberpaw, but it just didn’t comfort her the way Cheetahfur’s soft pelt did. When were they going to leave anyway? Her mind was spinning as she looked up where a deep hole in the cave showed the moon and the stars.
“How am I supposed to sleep when I keep on worrying. The clouds were out of sight that moon full night and she wondered if her clan missed her as much as she missed them.
“Oh I haven’t eaten all night. I should go and find some prey, hopefully I can.” she mumbled as she padded over toward the entrance, her paws didn’t echo as she walked over onto the sand. “The only thing good about sand is what it does to the sound of our paw steps.” she mewed.
She stood in front of the den thinking she should stay here incase something is going on here. “The sound is soft, meaning everyone must be asleep.” she murmured.
She stepped over toward a large bush, her white pelt stood out as if was a white flower among green leaves. Only skinny trees underlined the tops of the island. “Well now I know how a Windclan cat feels.” she mewed hiding under a small tree with a ceremonial fruit above it. “The sun is not out anymore, so why do I feel so warm.
Her eyes shined as she saw the moon was full. “Oh, when will I ever be back with my brother and friends.” she mewed. Her tail flicked excitedly. “I know you are worried.” purred a familiar voice.
“Oh hey Dainty, how are you?” asked Rainpaw greeting her friend with small nod. “Do you know what Riverclan or Starclan is, Dainty? Mewed Rainpaw. “The sound of the wind told me you had awaken, Dainty.” mewed a voice. “Hide Rainpaw.” mewed Dainty pushing her into a fern-like bracken bush.
Rainpaw stared out of leaves, her eyes trembled as she recognized the white she-cat. “Adory why out here so late?” asked Dainty. “The goddess.” Rainpaw mumbled to herself.
“You are the one who shouldn’t be saying that.” mewed Adory on a hasty tone. “I am a goddess, and I don’t have to listen to anything you have too say to me.” she hissed. “Oh yah.” spat Dainty bristling her fur.
“That’s it Dainty you may be my sister but I can’t let you live after all these interferences. “Not one cat will live if you keep influencing them including that white cat who travels with those outsiders.
“You are lucky I didn’t kill them when we found them Dainty.” she hissed unsheathing her claws. Dainty flinched.
“See you tomorrow.” growled Adory flicking her sister in the nose. “Bye Adory.” hissed Dainty.
Rainpaw came out of the bushes, her eyes wide with fright. “You are going to die tomorrow.” she mewed.” “No it’s most likely they will throw me off the island.” she mewed her amber eyes clouded.
Her eyes closed then she looked at Rainpaw. “It’s ok I’ve been meaning to get off the island anyway.” she mewed rubbing her friends muzzle.
“I will fine a way to stay don’t worry, you’ll be leaving tomorrow so don’t worry about me.” she mewed her tail flicking sadly.
“Ok if you say Dainty.” she mewed.
“What’s going here.” meowed a voice in the bush. “Oh, nothing Cheetahfur.” hissed Rainpaw backing away from the bush. “I was just asking, you just woke me up and almost woke Swiftclaw up.” he laughed.
“Really, well I’m fine.” spat Rainpaw. Cheetahfur flinched then nodded. “What are you two up to?” he asked stalking toward them. “The smell of a rat is near.” hissed the tom laughing.
“Oh, please.” growled Dainty. Shaking her dull fur. “Give her a break Cheetahfur.” spat Rainpaw going between him and Dainty. “You know better to wander around the island.” growled Cheetahfur more seriously. “Yah well I am no kit anymore so stop acting like I am.” she hissed back in defense.
Cheetahfur flinched, his eyes were unreadable. “Fine but you have to watch your back, cause I won’t be able to do it always Rainpaw.” he snapped. As he padded away the island sounds went calm once more.
“Well one thing for sure is that I don’t know what you see in him.” whispered Dainty pressing close to Rainpaw. “I never will have a mate now, if that so called goddess of love can help it.” she growled. Rainpaw never really noticed how close the two she-cats were. Though they both were white and ginger.
“Well I think your sister, is not right for you should be the goddess of love.” she purred.
“Thank you Rainpaw.”
“Oh, your welcome Dainty.” mewed Rainpaw. “Do you know how to get food around here?”
“Of course, follow me.” meowed Dainty pushing through a bush. “The forest can get lonely at times. We eat fruit, fish, and birds. For there is hardly any mice or rabbits on the island.
“We also eat small gators or lizards if they don’t eat us first.” she hissed glaring at the river’s edge.
“What is the matter, Dainty?” asked Rainpaw staring at her friend. “Well a lot our guards love to torture anyone who passes by. The legend is anyway that they eat the flesh of a gator’s head then use it’s skull sometimes with the skin as a mask to hide their identity for they can swim and come ashore, they’ve killed many cats and that is the only way to hide themselves from the gators.” she spat at the ground.
“So what had bit me on the leg was a small gator or a cat disguised as a gator.” asked Rainpaw biting on her tongue.“You must be worried that you are in trouble on the long swim to the other side.” sighed Dainty looking away. “Don’t be foolish Dainty of course I’m scared but if I worry it will not help me cross, if I die I die in honor.” she smirked.
Dainty nodded then padded away. Her shadow soon disappeared in the distance as if she had never existed. “I am going to miss Dainty.” she muttered to herself.
“I should try to go back and go to sleep.” she purred twitching her tail. “Why should I leave her to die though.” she whispered padding toward the den she had left to hunt.
“I should’ve never left then she would never be in this mess.” she whined curling up into a ball.
“She is my friend and I’ll never forget her.” she whispered to herself as she closed her eyes and tried not to blink at the never dying sunlight.