Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ Heartbreak island ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Heartbreak island
Chapter 8

Rainpaw felt land beneath her feet. “Finally I hope I never swim again.” spat Swiftclaw feeling the gravel beneath his toes. “I hope this never ever leads to swimming again.” murmured Ravenheart. Cheetahfur nodded but didn’t feel the same way for he had to swim for survival this time as well as all the other times back in the forest. “Rainpaw how long do you think we should stay here?” asked Amberpaw shaking the water from her short fur. “I never even been on an island.” she mewed.
“It is really fur usually Amberpaw.” purred Rainpaw who started licking Amberpaw’s fur. “Soon we will all be home and never have to worry about this place again.” growled Ravenheart. “Yes.” hissed Swiftclaw shaking his fur.
“We need a place to find food or we will never be able to swim across the other side.” mewed Fawnheart licking her chest. “What kind of cat wouldn’t want to hunt. “The scent is barbaric.” spat Hawkfur shielding his nose with his paws. “It smells like fire.” rasped Fawnheart.
“We should go now.” she hissed at Cheetahfur. “No way.” we will leave tomorrow or you and all the other cats will have to swim across the river once more.” he mewed seeing their weakness.
“I know there is someone or something else here.” meowed Hawkfur glaring at a bush. “Look at the trees.” spat Amberpaw. She leaped at the tree then kicked it with her hind legs. A large hard shell like thing with leaves fell to the ground. “What is that thing?” mewed Tigerpaw pawing at the pale brown shell then the green leaves.
“Do we know you.” hissed a curt voice. Rainpaw turned and saw a black and white cat enter the opening, a large tooth hung from his mouth. “I am Scorn of Albacast horizon waters.” the tom mewed. “I am the leader of this tribe.”
“What do you mean tribe.” growled Hawkfur unsheathing his claws. “The gods will be glad if you stay the night, we do no harm to cats who are not our enemies.” it spat.
“Will you stay and watch our ceremony there will be a lot of food and you may stay here freely for rest.” meowed the tom cooling down. “Come or be thrown off my island by the natives.” he growled. Rainpaw nodded. She didn’t want to fall off the island. Not now anyway.
“Come on let’s go already.” she hissed flicking Tigerpaw and Cheetahfur on the nose.
She knew nothing of the islanders and what they would do to her, so she was trembling. The feeling of fur brushing against hers made her calm down. “Thanks Cheetahfur.” she purred giving his ear a quick lick.
Tigerpaw turned around to face them. “Did I miss something?” he asked looking at Hawkfur then the Riverclan cats. Fawnheart growled her eyes shaking at the hearing of going with the cats.
“Remember what those other cats made you three do.” she spat, her fur bristling. “It’s not that big of a problem.” growled Ravenheart pressing closer to Fawnheart.
“I don’t want to go.” hissed Ravenheart staggering. “We have to do it for our clans.” purred Cheetahfur. His fur was still sopping. “Ok your right.” hissed Ravenheart.
Cheetahfur side pressed against Rainpaw. Her eyes still trembled though. What would the gods do if they didn’t like them.

The nine cats padded into the camp, their eyes weary of the other cats hard stares. In the middle of the island stood a small pond. On it four cats stood tall. A young white she-cat stood her long ginger tail flicked with impatience.
The other three cats glared at them with strange and new eyes.
These are the gods of love, courage, wisdom, and friendship, the four seasons are guided by these four feelings and abilities.
“So you make your own cats gods.” hissed Amberpaw, her claws unsheathed and her back arched. “Yes they are chosen from our god of the stars the last god.
“Let us see the chanters now.” mewed the white she-cat. “Yes Adory.” meowed the leader bowing. “What is a chanter?” asked Tigerpaw watching a few cats go out from the crowd.
“Would you like to try to be one.” asked the tom looking at Amberpaw, Ravenheart, Fawnheart, then Rainpaw. “You mean a chanter is a queen.” asked Rainpaw?”
“Yes not only that but they do a ceremony like dance to help us communicate with our gods.” Scorn replied to Rainpaw. “Would you like to try though.”
“Sure.” purred Rainpaw, she padded out to the other she-cats. Her eyes looked wide with fun as she stood on her hind legs. She pawed the air as the other cats did. The white she-cat with a ginger ear and patch around her eye looked at her. “Hello I am Dainty. My fellow sisters are Ashy, Assassinclaws, Rose, Wicked, and Amberweed of course. “The ones with awful names are cursed because they did something terrible for example, Assassinclaws killed her sister at birth while Wicked had played nasty tricks on the elders of the island. Amberweed, me and Rose got to keep our names for we didn’t do anything bad.” she purred.
“My name is Rainpaw, I am a Riverclan apprentice. “Oh then I guess the river makes you feel at home here then.” she mewed. Rainpaw smiled all the thoughts she had, disappeared.
“So you are going to stay here for the night, great then I may talk to you right?” asked the she-cat. “Why is it wrong to talk to the other cats?” asked Rainpaw staring wide eyed at her new friend. “All the gods have left and so have your friends.” mewed Dainty. Rainpaw’s eyes blazing with fire. “Oh that is great.” hissed Rainpaw.
“Come on you can help me find then or give me a secret tour.” whispered Rainpaw. Dainty nodded. “Ok but if one of the gods catch us you may be sacrificed.” she laughed.
They padded together ahead. “Can you keep secrets.” asked Dainty kicking a tree with her hind legs. A large yellow slippery thing fell out of it. “These are ceremonial fruits.” she mewed. “There actually kind of good.” meowed Dainty slashing through one of the slippery thing’s shell like thing. “The taste of it isn’t as bad as it looks.” she mewed eating part of the fruit. Rainpaw also bit into the end of the fruit.
She continued stalking over toward the bushes. “So what is your secret?” asked Rainpaw. “Well I kind of like one of the other cats more then usual.” she whispered. “Who?” asked Rainpaw nudging her new friend. “His name is Valiant.” purred Dainty looking at the moon.
“What is your secret?” rasped Dainty. “Well mine is the same as yours.” she smirked. “Who is he?” asked Dainty anxiously. “His name is Cheetahfur.” mewed Rainpaw in a whisper. “You mean the brown-gold tabby with the black striped tail and spotted pelt.” asked Dainty. “Yah, how did you know?” asked Rainpaw?
“Well there he is over there.” mewed Dainty. Rainpaw saw in the bushes he was with Hawkfur. “Did you ever tell Valiant that you like him.” asked Rainpaw looking over at her new friend. She shook her head. “The only way you can talk to a guard is at a ceremony when he actually notices you.” she mewed. “And beside if my sister found out about it she would try to make him love her then she would get rid of him if she didn’t like him.” she whispered.
“Who is your sister?” asked Rainpaw. “I have told you enough right now, but if you get as close to any cat that isn’t a she-cat she will try to get between you and him and then kill him so watch out Rainpaw.” she whispered.
“Don’t worry I will be fine.” Rainpaw purred back.