Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ The prophecy of Storm ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The prophecy of Storm
Chapter 7

“When are we going to leave.” spat Swiftclaw striking the ice cold ground with his hooked claws. “I wish we could’ve yesterday.” spat Rainpaw covering her ears with her paws. Cheetahfur shook his head, he stared at all the sleeping cats. “Come on now, it’s time we left this ice tundra so we can go home.” he purred.
“But I’m hungry.” complained Tigerpaw twitching his whiskers. “We can eat on the way there. It’s not like you’ve never eaten before Tigerpaw.” laughed Cheetahfur padding out of the den.
“He’s no help.” hissed Hawkfur twitching his eyes open. “Make the brightness stop.” laughed the dark warrior playfully. Tigerpaw got to his paws. He shook himself as if he had just went swimming. “Just so you know I hate sleeping in frozen water.” he hastily meowed.
“You won’t be here that long to even say that anymore.” growled Storm who padded into the entrance of the cave. “I just wished to say god-bye to the three warriors who helped our clan.” he purred.
“Where is the spotted one?” asked Storm looking around the den. “Well, that one just left.” snorted Swiftclaw sarcastically. “The way you speak is all so different to I.” laughed the white tom flicking his long haired tail at his face.
“I give you thanks young Tigerpaw.” mewed the tom. Tigerpaw nodded then acknowledged the praise. “You fight as if Starclan has allowed you to fight among Tigerclan.”
Tigerpaw stared to see if there was any hostility but he gave a curt nod after the glare looked half what normal. He was confining of his ways without thinking.” purred Rainpaw glaring at Tigerpaw.
“Thank you.” he growled back using curtness. Storm padded over to Rainpaw. “I wish for the rest of you to leave.” he spat. Amberpaw and Fawnheart rushed out as well as Hawkfur and Tigerpaw. Swiftclaw and Ravenheart stood where they were no flinching. “Why do we have to leave?” hissed the black and white she-cat. “This couldn’t be something private.” spat Swiftclaw who padded out of the den his fur bristling. Ravenheart followed her green eyes gave him a cold stare.
“Thank you very much bright young and beautiful Rainpaw.” mewed Storm. “I just wish to ask you a mere question.” the white tom added. “Well? What is it?”
“Do you love that spotted cat.” hissed Storm giving her a cold stare. “No, why would you think that because he is my friend.” she spat. “Ok question over.” she hissed padding out of the den. “When the day ends I will always remember you.” growled Storm as she left. “Well you can forget me remembering you.” she mewed harshly.
Storm nodded then padded outside his face had a smirk on it. “I wish I could confine him.” she growled rashly. Cheetahfur padded up to her. “What did he ask you that made you so mad.” he asked.
“Oh it’s nothing really Cheetahfur.” she sighed. “Well I want to get home in less then a few days.” she purred roaming over towards the door. “So do I.” mewed Amberpaw flicking her tail excitedly. “Which way is it Meadow.” asked Cheetahfur looking at the brown and white she-cat. “You just follow the path leading towards the spring then turn right and there it is. Good luck!” she purred

“There’s the spring.” moaned Tigerpaw. “I’m starving where’s the food when you need it.”
“No here anyway.” mewed Amberpaw following Fawnheart and Ravenheart. “Yah, yah, yah but I’m starving.” growled the Shadowclan apprentice. “For someone who started acting like a warrior you better stop acting like an apprentice, for you should become a warrior soon once we go home.” spat Hawkfur looking exactly at Tigerpaw.
“There is the tunnel leading to the island.” mewed Cheetahfur padding into the tunnel. “Wait, mouse-dung!” yowled Rainpaw chasing after the golden tabby. “ Hello after the river there is the small Twolegs yard which leads straight toward Thunderclan camp.” mewed Cheetahfur. “But how are we suppose to go home.” hissed Tigerpaw glaring at the golden tom.
“You will soon have a way once I go into Thunderclan camp to finally meet my father, and not to mention my brother.
Amberpaw gasped. “You mean your father is a Thunderclan cat.” hissed Fawnheart in shock. “Yes I most resembled my mother so she kept me while my brother was given to my father to be raised in Thunderclan with his clan.” explained Cheetahfur.
Rainpaw nodded though she never thought he might actually do it. “I can’t help you there Cheetahfur but I do know that Nightfur raised a kit that had no mother at origins. The scent was gone yet my mother told me he had the scent of Riverclan and all she told was me. “You are looking for a silver tabby then with dark black spots?” asked Ravenheart. “I don’t know what he looks like.” mewed Cheetahfur disappointedly.
“Don’t worry we’ll find out soon enough for we have to keep moving.” hissed Rainpaw. “Where do you think the island is Cheetahfur.” she asked padding out of the tunnel. “This goes right through the mountains where the snow is I bet.” mewed Hawkfur stumbling into the tunnel as well.

“Wow, you were right Hawkfur it does go through the mountains.” panted Ravenheart looking up to see the mountains peak. “That is some heights we could’ve went over except for the fact that they told me where this tunnel is.” purred Cheetahfur.
“Um, Cheetahfur turn around.” spat Rainpaw looking to see a large river. Not a piece of land glared from across it from where they stood. “Where is our home.” growled Swiftclaw panting.
“This is the giant river that the Tundra cats warned me about.” he mewed. “Don’t worry me and Rainpaw can swim and fish.” he added. Rainpaw stared at him bewilded. “That’s just their points Cheetahfur they can’t swim. You stinking furball.”
Cheetahfur did a curt nod. “Well we’ll find a way across to that large island.” he growled back. “I can swim.” spat Hawkfur padding into the water. His forearms pushed through the water strongly as if running for his life on shore.
“The current is stronger here.” hissed Rainpaw rushing into the water after him.
Cheetahfur followed her into the water. “Come on swimming is real simple.” spat Tigerpaw rushing after Rainpaw and Hawkfur. Cheetahfur watched as the others followed. Swiftclaw was the last one into the water. “This water better not drown me.” he hissed padding in the water after Rainpaw.
“Don’t worry you dumb kittypet.” laughed Rainpaw pawing at the water strongly. “I am no kittypet, it’s just that we don’t have any water in my clan.” spat the gray tom. “Don’t you know anything apprentice.” hissed Swiftclaw swiftly pushing his hind legs through the water.
Rainpaw coughed. Her stomach twisted with pain. “Don’t tell me I’m hungry now she moaned.
Something grabbed at her leg. She yowled in pain. “Something has my leg.” she whined fearfully. Even Riverclan cats could drown in the water if dragged under. “Don’t worry Rainpaw, I’ll get it off you.” offered Cheetahfur springing underwater.
The strong scent of fish blood made his eyes water then he saw the thing that gripped her leg.
He dived under the water. “A lizard?” he mumbled in a bubble. Grabbing the lizard it snapped at his paw in return. “Thank you so much, Cheetahfur.” she mewed as he resurfaced to breath. “Yah what am I a fish?” he asked trying to comfort her. Rainpaw laughed her foot still bleeding with pain. “What was the thing that bit me anyway?” she asked seeing the small bits of red water. “Some kind of lizard I think, but it wasn’t exactly clear down there.” he added rubbing water from his eyes.