Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ Into the Ice battle and the Wolverine ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Into the ice
Battle with the Wolverine
Chapter 6

“Hey you stupid furball.” can’t catch us.” laughed Swiftclaw following Cheetahfur and Rainpaw out of the tunnel to the camp. Her paw steps echoed in the distance. Yet she could still hear loud annoying curses being spat from the Wolverine’s mouth. “I will kill you and slit your throats” hissed the Wolverine. The words stung at her like vile.
She halted and turned toward the hot spring. I saw it while over here last time.” she purred. “Ok since the enemy can understand us we have to whisper while around it. I think me and Cheetahfur should go across the ice while you hid. If the wolverine refuses to go across you know what to do.” she purred. Tigerpaw nodded, his claws unsheathed against the ground. “We’re almost there.” growled Tigerpaw sinisterly. “I can feel the taste of that vermin’s blood.” he hissed.

“Wait till I catch up with you.” spat the Wolverine, it’s fur bristling, and eyes filled with hatred.
“We don’t have to wait.” hissed Cheetahfur springing on top of the ice, his pelt glowed like a star at a gathering. Rainpaw followed her panting increased now that her life was on the line as well as her friends Tigerpaw, and Cheetahfur.
She noticed Tigerpaw had climbed on to the tree so the Wolverine couldn’t find him.
“Where is your last friend?” spat the Wolverine glancing around the ice then at the forest behind her. “First I will you two though, then your friend will go next, prepare to die.” it growled as if it were to take victory.
It glanced at the sky then down at them again, her eyes watched them constantly.
“What are you afraid to go on the ice.” laughed Rainpaw flicking her tail with accomplishments. “It made a deep growling sound as if it were a hunter was about to shoot them, though Twolegs are annoyingly destructive they help keep the boundary of the clans in order.
“I was just about to go when I smelled your friend.” croaked the Wolverine smirking.
“He smells like he escaped so I will be going.” she spat. Her body lounged forth trying to kill the two cats on the snow covered ice. It’s limp body crushed at the shallow side. Her weight was ten times the weight of Rainpaw.
Then she ran at Rainpaw and Cheetahfur, her hide didn’t bristle but it tingled with a sign of food. “Is it going to make it.” spat Rainpaw disbelievingly.
Just then Tigerpaw landed onto its paws making it try to smash Tigerpaw with it’s claws, it smashed down on the ice. Making a death defying leap Tigerpaw landed safely in front of the two Riverclan cats.
“You were great, Tigerpaw.” Rainpaw mewed looking amazed that the apprentice actually used his brain this time. “Now you can’t call me mouse-brained.” he purred. The body of the Wolverine clawing at the sides of the ice it had fallen soon it disappeared.
“Now what is the best way to run back to the camp because I’m freezing.” laughed Tigerpaw shivering some droplets of water off of him. “We should get back or the other cats may come looking for us.” growled Cheetahfur who rubbed his head against Tigerpaw’s. cheek
“Great job for an apprentice.” he purred. The pale ginger apprentice made a small acknowledged nod then padded off the ice, a new fire burned in his amber eyes.
“I don’t know but he is acting quite odd.” mewed Cheetahfur but his praising voice still broke through. “Yes I’m afraid he is still despiteful though.” she snorted pawing Cheetahfur with her paw.
“I want to go home, Cheetahfur.” she whined pressing herself off the ice she ran towards the camp.
Looking behind her she also saw Cheetahfur race after her, his lean legs beating as one with the ground as if he really was a cheetah. “Come and catch me.” she mewed loudly.

Rainpaw pushed herself through the den entrance behind the pale ginger apprentice. Now that she befriended six other cats from different clans how could she fight against them?
Her thoughts were all unclear. Hopefully they left tomorrow for she couldn’t help but leap at the sound of her leader’s raspy voice, calm and wise as well.
“Oh you three are alive.” purred Fawnheart racing toward Rainpaw and Tigerpaw as well as Cheetahfur. “So did you kill the Wolverine?” she asked as if she were a kit listening to the elder’s tales.
“No kidding.” spat Tigerpaw flicking her in the nose with his tail. “Well it was all of us that planned it out. They used their speed to get away from the Wolverine, then Rainpaw thought of the idea of the ice and we raced over there. The wolveine was starving so it immediately followed after.” meowed Tigerpaw enjoying the time he had telling the story. “Then we finally were at the ice. Once the Wolverine saw me gone at first it refused to go over the ice. Then it started toward them at first slow and stalking then fast and killing. I jumped out and lashed forward clawing it then it tried to strike me, it did not prevail for it fell into the water, while I made a leaping jump out of the way of the cracking and melting ice. Then we got back here.” he purred. “So we’re suppose to believe that were the most cunning and bravest, I doubt it.” hissed Hawkfur and Swiftclaw.
Tigerpaw nodded then flinched as if he was to be stroked by their claws. “Come here you stupid furball.” mewed Hawkfur licking the apprentice’s ear in a friendly way. “Good job.” meowed Swiftclaw.
Rainpaw said hi to all of her traveling friends, she wondered when he would make the speech for the ceremony.

Storm stood up high and smirking proudly in the center of the den. All eyes were on him as if he were being hunted. “I know of three cats that risked their lives for all of us.
Tigerpaw’s fur bristled as if he were lying but said nothing in return. “We have had a prophecy. “It is the Storm will rise and take over the forest unless all cats unite to face it together.” smirked the white tom. “We have seen this storm it speaks of before, it is almost fatally deadly.
Rainpaw nodded then padded out of the den her eyes closing and opening repeatingly.
She ran toward then den she had slept in and curled up into a ball. Amberpaw lay asleep beside her already. She gently closed eyes and fell asleep. Tigerpaw ran over to the den, his fur still shaking as he lay beside his clan-mate Hawkfur. Swiftclaw prodded along the other side of Hawkfur.
As Rainpaw slept all she could hear was the whispering among her friends.