Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ Confused Heartbeat and the Wolverine ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Confused Heartbeat, and the Wolverine
Chapter 5

She padded toward the door. Her heart lounged toward the exit yet she did not prevail. What is it that made her so angry.
The fact that he was so close to her or their short term feud. “Finally at first I thought you might have never come, Rainpaw.” hissed Swiftclaw who was sitting on a icy cold stone.
“Welcome back young ones.” purred Meadow her eyes trembled at the sight of the handsome white tom. “You have returned young master, Storm.” mewed the she-cat bowing. “Ok did I miss something or did she just call you a leader?” asked Rainpaw shuddering.
“Yes I am the ruler of the Tundra cats. I am Storm.” he yowled. Hawkfur stared in surprise. Tigerpaw who was sitting beside him shook his head in disbelief.
Fawnheart and Amberpaw padded over to the edge of den they had slept in. “Really are you the leader.” growled Swiftclaw despising him. “You have the right to acknowledge me.” purred the white tom.
“Yah well I don’t want to.” hissed the dark gray tom once more. Bearing his teeth Storm flinched.
“You are one that Starclan picked you say?” growled the white tom disbelievingly. “You are nothing more then a young unwise piece of wolf-dung. “Well same are you.” hissed Fawnheart aiding her friend.
“You are?” asked Storm. Glaring at her. “You know my friends but you don’t know me.” spat Fawnheart critically. “I don’t know who she is or he is.” the tom replied pointing at Swiftclaw and Amberpaw.” spat Storm.
“Now come if you’d like to hear what Starclan has told me.”
Rainpaw followed Cheetahfur. His fur bristled fiercely as if he was being hunted that minute.
She shrugged her shoulders as she saw the spotted tom looking at her with eyes showing more then fear. “Do you know where we are headed, Cheetahfur?” she meowed. He shook his head as he saw they were heading to the young white tom’s den.
“It is much larger then our leader’s den.” growled Swiftclaw. “Welcome outsiders to my den.” yowled Storm. “Those who are insecure by this meeting may leave.”
Rainpaw felt as if she should run far away yet only her heart moved, pounding friskily. Her flank heaved in air around her, why did she feel as if she was going to die. Her paws trembled beneath her body. “Are you ok Rainpaw.” asked Cheetahfur nudging her with his muzzle. She nodded then turned away from him to face Storm and the prophecy.
“I have been getting messages from Starclan they first have told me that in the mists of a beautiful rainfall a cheetah and tiger will spring fourth to unleash ultimate terror toward the Wolverines.” he spat. Rainpaw’s heart padded faster then before. Was the rainfall in the prophecy her or was it a day when the snow melted? One thing for sure was the leader Storm, gave Cheetahfur cold stares.
Rainpaw felt cursed allowing her friend to be taunted by the annoying furball of a leader. She leaned closer toward her friend comforting him by resting her head on his shoulder.
Was it her or was there hostility toward her from him as well? Cheetahfur sighed his breathing seemed to calm down. “Well, you do smell nice.” whispered Cheetahfur smelling the air.
Rainpaw froze. Was his words a deceitful counter curse, or did he mean his sweet words. Yet, a curse or not Rainpaw couldn’t help but smile at his kindness toward her.
It appeared the young tom, Storm had taken it seriously for he still glared down at them, not blinking.
“Well go on with the one they left for us.” spat Ravenheart flicking her tail excitedly. Was it really going to be that fun or was it going to be trouble just waiting to happen like the Twoleg’s monster that had almost made Cheetahfur a live sacrifice in his own grave. Then the death defying heights of the mountains, to the gory wolves now there is some kind of Wolverine. What was a Wolverine?
“Um, Storm what do they look like?” she growled. “I was out for a walk not to long ago yet a large bear like badger-weasel jumped out .“Quickly I sprang it clawing with it using my brute strength. It bit at my fur rapidly as my cats died one after another I knew it was too strong for ordinary cat.” he mewed looking down from Tigerpaw then Cheetahfur. As he tried not to give a cold glare to Cheetahfur, Rainpaw felt the earth shake. “What is that noise?” she yowled like a scared kit. She got closer to Cheetahfur, her fur shaking with a sudden coldness.
“It is the Wolverine it is on pursuit to eat once more.”
Storm mumbled.
“ Will we be able to survive it.” grunted Hawkfur staring silently at the ice being clawed at by an animal with the face of a weasel, eyes of a badger, and the claws of a bear.
“What is that thing.” grumbled Hawkfur padding up beside Swiftclaw. “Well, I’ll tell you it smells worst the a weasel and a bear.” growled Swiftclaw. “You would know.” spat Amberpaw, her green eye stricken with fear. Rainpaw looked over at the dark ginger she-cat. Why is she so away from Tigerpaw, is it true that she told him she could never see him again. Or was it Tigerpaw who had laid it on her.
Rainpaw doubted it. Why would a young apprentice such as Amberpaw be worried about her future?
She shrugged her shoulders. Then leaned even closer to Cheetahfur. Fear was something all cats feared yet the scent of Cheetahfur made her calm once more.
“Wait Cheetahfur, we shouldn’t run.” spat Rainpaw pushing away from him. “What are you crazy.” hissed Hawkfur almost leaving the den, his amber eyes did not make contact with her blue eyes.
“We must stay calm, and remain focused.” she mewed in a small whisper to echo her thoughts, her eyes burned into the beast making her feel curiosity and the fresh feeling of attacking an enemy.
Cheetahfur stared at her as if she was his leader. He didn’t move not an inch. “What are we waiting for Tigerpaw the prophecy remember. The rainfall is me while you and Cheetahfur are the tiger and cheetah.
Tigerpaw stared in amazement at the white she-cat. “Wow, I never figured you were that smart.” he meowed.
Rainpaw’s hackles rose, her fur bristled with a sudden tingle of attack her enemy though she stayed calm. “It is nothing really, it was that simple really.” she meowed back.
Storm and all the other cats of the tundra had disappeared. Fawnheart, Swiftclaw, Amberpaw, Ravenheart, and Hawkfur had vanished meaning they had escaped along with Storm and the others.
“The scent of the Wolverine has entered this large den.” spat Rainpaw, her blue eyes swirled around the room, her tail didn’t move.
“He will have to make it by.” growled Tigerpaw. The glare in the room didn’t die. “Rainpaw we need to kill the thing in order to leave alive.” snorted Tigerpaw, his eyes glowed at the risk of danger.
“I believe if the prophecy say it then it means we will survive the dangerous task.” she hissed eying the area with a keen eye.
“You know what I meant, hissed seeing the pale ginger tabby tom’s eyes fill with confusion. “I don’t know if we will live but at least we will die together.”
Cheetahfur nodded his head. His hackles rose once his fur started bristling.
They padded over toward the center of the den where Storm had told the first prophecy. The badger-like Wolverine rushed at them. It’s claw out and ready to attack. Rainpaw dodged as well as the other two toms Cheetahfur and Tigerpaw.
“You weaklings prepare to die.” spat the Wolverine rashly. “Did it, did it just talk?” Rainpaw asked. The larger animal was a lot harder and stronger muscled then the weak little Raccoon that defeated them, could they stand a chance against it’s might and speed. “Wait I am suppose to be the beautiful rainfall and Cheetahfur is the speed, while Tigerpaw is strength. She watched hastily as it’s hackles rise. “What is going on.” spat Tigerpaw. “We need a strategy, Cheetahfur you race around the room catching it’s attention.
“To plan we must be allowed to think before doing so.” hissed Cheetahfur.
Rainpaw nodded she knew they had to work together to bring it down but how.” she hissed.
Ears flat and eyes clouded. “Oh, Cheetahfur.” mewed Rainpaw once more. “Wait, this isn’t the way to battle an enemy we don’t even know.” she hissed. Tigerpaw paused, “What do you mean?” he hissed angrily. “This wolverine thing is much heavier then us right?” she smirked. “You bet it Rainpaw.” meowed Cheetahfur. “First we shall lead the Wolverine onto the lake, then it will follow us on to the ice and fall through the deep end that is almost melted.” purred the white apprentice.