Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ Fishing in the Hot Springs ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Fishing in the hot spring
Chapter 4

“Well, I guess I do have a brother in the other clan. But I don’t know who or what he looks like. I don’t even know what my father looks like.” mumbled Cheetahfur. “I think it would be great if when we go back we can go with Amberpaw, Fawnheart, and Ravenheart and figure out who they are.” she meowed. Staggered Cheetahfur stared at her in shock.
“What, I was trying to be nice for once.” she muttered. Cheetahfur shrugged his shoulders. “Whatever you say Rainpaw.”
Rainpaw shook her head. Her eyes blinked. “You know what it doesn’t matter.” she murmured.
Cheetahfur sprang into the water. “Wow this is a hot spring.” he yowled dunking his head into it. “I’ve never been this hot since the dry time of green-leaf. “Yah you look hot.” muttered Rainpaw looking dauntingly at the golden tabby.
He laid himself in the shallow edge of the pond. The basking of the water made him purr loudly. “Is it really that warm.” asked Rainpaw?
“You bet it is.” meowed Cheetahfur still purring.
Rainpaw pounced into the spring. “Her fur no longer provided camouflage in the dainty water.
“This is kind of smells like the river back home except, the pressure is much fiercer and the water isn’t this warm. “You wonder where all this warmth comes from.
Rainpaw nodded, her eyes caught something in the water. “Hey look it’s an actual fish. The sight of the thin silvery fish made her jump with excitement.
Her paws stood silent. Cheetahfur didn’t move an inch his ears waited until she struck at the fish.
Rainpaw’s claws unsheathed and her teeth bared. As she quickly dunked herself under water after the fish then snared it up with her paws. The fish jumped out of the water. Her feet sprang at the fish.
As her jaws shut on it’s limp body blood covered her white teeth. “Hah, beat that Cheetahfur.” she purred.
The fish made no movements meaning it was dead. Rainpaw leaped over the rocky sides of the spring then landed on the thin layer of frozen ice. Her jaws released the fish to the ground.
“Wow, just enough time for me to catch this.” mocked Cheetahfur letting go of a medium brown fish on top of her fish.
“Well done both of you.” laughed an unfamiliar voice. Rainpaw turned to see a young white tom. He scented like one of the cats at the camp so she knew he couldn’t be an enemy.
“I can lead you back to the camp for the ceremony is about to start.” he meowed. Rainpaw nodded her head. How could they remember all the cats that just came to their camp do they spy on us or something?
“Meadow told me that you went fishing yet the young spotted tom went with you.” grumbled the white tom. Cheetahfur flinched. Rainpaw could see hostility in the tom’s grayish blue eyes. “This is the very first place I caught sight of a small fish and killed it. I was little then.”
Cheetahfur shrugged his shoulders. “Why is there a strange and strong scent over here?” asked Cheetahfur trying to change the subject.
“I warn you. You should never try to go near that large den or you will die in an instant.” spat the white tom briskly looking at Cheetahfur then shook his head deep in thought.
Rainpaw’s hackles rose at the glare in his eyes. The tom must had seen it too for he flinched on the rock he was standing on.
“Are you done with what you are doing?” asked the tom with wondering eyes. “Yes.” growled Cheetahfur angrily.
Rainpaw saw a hostile glare from both of them. What was Cheetahfur thinking trying to be hostile to someone he just met. Was it her or was it involving her in it?
“Oh do you have a name.” she mewed menacingly so the two toms wouldn’t stare at each other even more hastily. “What do you mean do I have a name Rainpaw.” mumbled the tom in confusion. “You know my name?”
“Of course it is real hard to miss you in your group of friends.” muttered the white tom. She noticed Cheetahfur was giving blank nods in reply.
If it wasn’t Cheetahfur who started it then who did? The white tom who knew her name?
“I mean what do they call you like for example his name is Cheetahfur and my name is Rainpaw.”
The white tom nodded acknowledgedly.
“I will not tell you for now beautiful Rainpaw but I must go now for it will take time to return to the camp.” he interrupted his own sentence. Rainpaw looked ghastly at him. What right did he have to-. She broke off to see Cheetahfur opened eyes. His panting didn’t increase though.
“Well Cheetahfur I think we should go back too, I mean that we already caught our meals.”
The golden tabby made no reply. “Are you ok.” she spat whacking him with her tail.
“Wake up Cheetahfur.” she growled. The white tom watched nearby next to a tree. He shook his head and sprang to his feet. “I will carry the fish.” he grumbled.
Rainpaw looked away. He is acting weirder then normal. Way bizarre.
The white tom padded toward her.
His fur brushed against hers. He pressed closely next to her as if he was her mate.
Hackles on her neck raised. Not even a close cat would do it to Rainpaw. Her fur bristled angrily.
“Keep your pelt away from mine.” she yowled kicking the tom away from her. Pants escaped from her mouth.
“I probably deserved that.” muttered the tom getting to his paws.
Cheetahfur prodded along side Rainpaw also keeping his distance away from her. “Cheetahfur it’s ok I don’t bite as long as you don’t come as close to me as he did.” whispered Rainpaw.
He nodded and matched his pace with hers. She couldn’t help notice the smirk on the other tom’s face. “Are you injured.” asked Cheetahfur looking at the tom’s chest to notice a small cut.
“I’ll live.” he growled back.
Rainpaw turned to face the white tom. “You are so rude, even Cheetahfur has well enough manners to ask you something nice, while you try to get too close to me.” she growled.
The white tom flinched, his eyes turned into slits and the hostile glare aimed at Cheetahfur once more. “Is he still looking at me.” whispered Cheetahfur?
Rainpaw looked back toward the white tom. “No, not anymore.”
He turned around to face the long haired young white tom. “Why do you glare at me so hastily. What have I done to deserve it.” hissed the spotted gold tabby?
The white tom padded over onto the other side of Rainpaw. His long fluffy white pelt touched the ground. Though he was a handsome young cat Rainpaw had no intention of becoming friends with him.
The white tom refused to look one inch at the spotted golden tabby, Cheetahfur.
Her eyes watered at the strong glance of the sun. “Why is it all the sudden so bright out.” she growled looking around the terrain.
“It is day of the basking sun.” purred the white tom racing out toward the small camp.