Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ The Tundra cats ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The Tundra cats
Chapter 3

“Where have you been I thought a Windhowler, I mean a wolf got you Rainpaw,” mewed Fawnheart. “Yes I was so worried about you,” Amberpaw nodded.
“Well I wasn’t you will soon be a warrior but too be one you have to be smart enough to learn how to survive,” hissed Swiftclaw. Rainpaw gave him a cold stare then she started licking her paw again. “Meadow told me that you really wanted to go fishing, why,” asked Cheetahfur leaping off the rock he stood to stand in front of her.
“I just wanted to remember the scent and feeling of water on me along with the great satisfaction of catching a fish,” she hissed. Hawkfur padded over to Fawnheart his eyes glared down at the two arguing cats.
At first Cheetahfur said nothing but his eyes deepened and he stood silent. “You never got it and you never will,” she spat laying beside her friend Fawnheart.
Anger glared throughout her eyes, though she hated admitting it he was as dull as ever. The things she just said echoed through her mind. Was it just a coincidence or was there something happening that she didn’t know about. Tigerpaw and Amberpaw have become more then friends was it the same power of love that happened to swarm the Thunderclan cat Fawnheart with the Shadowclan cat Hawkfur.
Her shoulders tensed at just the thought of it. It was wrong enough for her to be away from her clan and her brother, yet why did it feel weird to think about how wrong it was for cats falling in love when.
A loud sound made her shake her head in confusion. “What is going on,” hissed Amberpaw? “I don’t know, but I am going to find out,” hissed Hawkfur stalking over toward the entrance of the ice den.
“It is just me,” purred Meadow who entered the den. “We are going to have the ceremony soon,” she added.
“It will start soon, but until then you are free to hunt,” Meadow mewed flicking her tail with excitement. “Soon we shall end our troubles.”

Rainpaw padded over toward Amberpaw. The dark ginger she-cat reminded her of her small ginger leader, Bronzestar. The leader was old and troubled and Rainpaw wished to be there in her time of soon death. “What is wrong Rainpaw don’t you want to feel the blood rush to your ears once you hunt,” she purred. “This will be a first for me as well as you, for I believe that once we return our apprentice friends will already be warriors,” grumbled Rainpaw. Amberpaw nodded a look of worry spreaded across her face. “I must go and talk to Tigerpaw,” she moaned a look full of emotion filled her green eyes.
Rainpaw flinched her green eyes still sulked in her mind. What was she going to do, tell Tigerpaw her feelings or was she going to tell him she could never be with him so he should forget to have feelings for her and return to his old self.
“It was a good thing that Fawnheart had hunted with Ravenheart,” grumbled Swiftclaw who padded beside her.
“Listen I know you are just as much my enemy as the others but now I realize though you are annoying and think you can do everything, you and all the other cats are, well.”
“Just some cats you annoy.” laughed Rainpaw. “No, you are all my friends,” he hissed.
“But it isn’t right for Tigerpaw as well as Fawnheart, Amberpaw, and Hawkfur too be more then just friends,” growled Swiftclaw. “Don’t think a mean cat like me can’t notice things because I can.”
Rainpaw stared hastily at Swiftclaw.
She couldn’t believe him of all cats would think the same thing as her. “Well it could’ve just happened,” mewed Rainpaw lying.
“At least you and Cheetahfur are in the same clan,” the gray warrior added. “What are you saying, are you saying I love Cheetahfur,” she hissed, her fur bristling.
“No I was just saying you were only ones possibly able to,” he mewed flinching.
“It better had been that,” she hissed. “What are you two talking about,” asked Cheetahfur stalking up to them?
“I was just telling him how great it will be to be back into our own clans,” Rainpaw mewed flicking her tail embarrassingly. “Yah, and I was just leaving,” growled Swiftclaw padding after the dark brown tabby Hawkfur.
“You said you wanted me to see the hot spring to help you fish,” grumbled Cheetahfur. “Is there something going on here,” he asked looking at her then at Swiftclaw?
“Don’t be foolish I was just talking to him,” she spat. “Well there’s enough breaking of the warrior code happening, so I was just wondering,” he spat. “You all know about Fawnheart and Hawkfur, right,” whispered Cheetahfur raspy.
“Well can we go or what.” hissed Cheetahfur. Rainpaw nodded her eyes glanced away from the gold tabby.
“You really want to go don’t you.” she growled. His eyes turned into slits and his ears lay flat against his head. “Yes, since you asked me if I wanted to go and besides I really don’t want to go alone.” he mewed. “What I mean is.”
“You are afraid to go alone.” she laughed. “Don’t worry I’ll protect you,” she laughed her tail flicked with amusement. “No! Don’t be a mouse-brain I just miss being on patrol with my clan mates it is almost critical to go out there with those wolves anyway,” he hissed.
Rainpaw didn’t understand though she hardly knew Cheetahfur. She always thought he rather be alone rather in the company of other cats. Ruthful things had always been said about the golden spotted tom. The first time she heard he was a half-clan cat. She felt really bad for him. Though many cats in her clan were also probably a half clan cat.
“Don’t worry Cheetahfur I’m on my way with or without you.” she purred jumping over him to get a head start toward the hot spring. Her paws pressed hard against the cold banks of snows. Cheetahfur sprang to his paws and ran after her.
“You still can’t catch me so face it,” rasped Rainpaw feeling a rock like gravel under her feet. “What the heck is this stuff ?” she grimaced. “The land is full of things we don’t know. The best way is to try to figure out the most death defying.”
Rainpaw nodded as she stared ghastly at the scent-less pieces of hard white rock. “Wait a minute. These aren’t rocks they-. There bones,” he gasped. Fear gripped his eyes.
“What on earth did this.” growled Rainpaw. “It smells nothing of wolves or cats, it is more malevolent.
“This trip could harm us.” he growled looking at Rainpaw with fear still draining in his eyes. “It could have been the wind and air in this place, and I’m still going,” she hissed. “Besides whatever we face we can face together and be stronger.”
“That beside the fact listen don’t you remember the strength of those horrible wolves, do you want to be killed and eaten ruthlessly?”
She shook her head and looked right at Cheetahfur. “I know you are very slick and all but I have made up my mind.”
“Fine it’s you this time you have made the decision but don’t tell me to do things again.” he grumbled.
“Finally you don’t act like I’m kit anymore.” purred Rainpaw slunked into the ground to pounce over the bones and toward the large gapping mountain. Cheetahfur instantly dragged at her side. His large paws beating against the ground as if he was a part of the wind.
“You can catch up to be know but I know I am faster then you.” growled Rainpaw. “Hello my name is Cheetahfur meaning I’m as fast as a cheetah.” he growled.
“No I thought it was because you have spotted fur,” she muttered. “What was that?” he snorted.
“Nothing.” she mumbled.
The twitching of her tail did not stop. Why did she feel that way was it that her hunger was spreading? Or was it something totally different? The snow drifts got heavier making her try to prance out of them then scramble over toward the tree.
“There is hardly any shelter in this place,” she growled stumbling over a tree root. “Yah, no shelter from your clumsiness,” Cheetahfur purred grabbing the scruff of her neck to help her up.
“I don’t need any help and I was wrong to ask you of all cats to come with me. For once couldn’t you keep your annoying comments by yourself?”
Cheetahfur stared at her. He didn’t stop until she gave him a cold and hostile glare back.
“Don’t you even think about it,” she growled.
“Think about what?” Cheetahfur mumbled flicking his tail.
“You are a stupid furball you know that Cheetahfur.” growled Rainpaw licking the snow from her paw.
What is wrong with that furball? He always seemed to be confident yet this whole idea of leaving the camp has driven him out of his senses.

The amount of snow was less around the hot spring then near the camp. “Yes we’re finally here,” she panted twitching her whiskers. “Yah, finally I thought we weren’t going to make it here,” Cheetahfur growled. His flanks heaved in air. Hackles disappeared from Rainpaw’s neck. Her anger was melting just like the snow around the spring.
“Mere heat is it not.” laughed Rainpaw? Cheetahfur stood silent by the snow. His eyes looked deep in thought.
“Hey Cheetahfur I heard you have a brother in Thunderclan. mewed Rainpaw thinking out loud. Cheetahfur stiffened, his heart seemed to stop. “Are you alright I was just asking.“ rumbled Rainpaw.
He didn’t speak. His eyes were unreadable from her view. And she felt regrettably bad for asking a question that would make him feel that way.