Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ Killer and the tundra cats ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Killer and the tundra cats
Chapter 2

The feeling of ice made Rainpaw twitch, her ears flickered in alert. Rainpaw opened her eyes and shook her head blinking sleep out of her eyes. “Good morning, young traveler,” mewed Meadow the brown and white she-cat. “Did you sleep well last night,” she asked?
“Yes,” mewed Rainpaw sitting up straight and licking her paw. “I just want to ask you Meadow where did you get the fish that we ate last night,” she mewed looking at Meadow.
“I do not leave the camp but I do know of an area that you actually can fish and swim in. It is in a hot spring near the large den of…”
Meadow was interrupted by a large black and white tom. “I could hear you from all the way in the leader’s den,” he hissed.
“Oh good one of you is awake,” he meowed. “My name is Killer, I am head of the Camp Defenders. Rainpaw nodded.
“Do you have other jobs beside Camp Defenders,” she asked looking at the black and white tom then at the brown and white she-cat. “Well you can also pick to be a Prey hunter which is what the cats with an ambition to hunt go to.
“So you only get to pick one job,” asked Rainpaw rubbing her eye with her paw. The sturdy Camp Defender flinched then he nodded.
“So when will your other friends wake up,” asked Killer flicking his tail impatiently. “Storm wants you to see our way of life before we get ready for the ceremony.”
“What do you mean ceremony,” spat Rainpaw, her claws unsheathed. “That is when we shall tell you the prophecy. In our beliefs we believe a ceremony is a way to announce our news and progress. Rainpaw nodded, she couldn’t believe how similar the Clan of Windwalkers were close to her own clan. “Hey Killer do you think I can go swimming in the hot spring today, I really want to go swimming since it reminds me of my home back in Riverclan.
“Riverclan,” echoed Killer in confusion?
“That is just beyond the mountain on an Island.”
“I know a faster way their then over the mountains,” Killer replied his fur was ruffled and a large scar lay on his hind leg, still bleeding. “You have to use the hot springs to get there,” he mewed. “So I think you and one of your friends can go and check it out, but we can’t go with you so I hope you’ll be fine on your own,” he meowed letting his fur lie flat.
“When can we go to this place,” she asked? “Well I think once your friends wake up it would be fine to go after you eat something. “Do all of you come from ummm Riverclan, he asked?
“No some of us are from Thunderclan, some are from Shadowclan, some are from Riverclan, and one is from Windclan. “So you all fight for your territory like us,” mewed Meadow her green eyes filled with hope. “Yes we fight over our territory, and usually we do lose our land but only end up winning it again.
The ice made her paws feel cold although she had silky medium hair. She longer for the warmth of her nest and the other apprentices.
Cheetahfur shook his head. His rump was wet from melting ice and his tail had frozen crystals in it. “Did it snow last night,” he asked yawning as he blinked sleep from his green eyes.
Rainpaw padded beside Cheetahfur then sat down beside him, her feet still trembled at the feeling of the ice on her paws. “I am so glad that we hardly have snow in our dens at home, she purred in a amused tone. The golden tabby nodded, his eyes still unreadable.
“We will be living now, warn us when all of you have awoken from your sleep,” mewed Meadow padding out beside Killer. “Is it me or..,” Rainpaw mewed looking at the two cats. “They are probably come from the same kin,” like me and Ruddypaw. “
“Oh, Ruddypaw,” she whined her blue eyes clouded. What is going to happen to my friend and brother since I left them she thought to herself?
Cheetahfur pressed closer to Rainpaw, his striped tail flicked about. “I need to tell you something Cheetahfur,” she meowed. “Well what is it,” mewed Cheetahfur. “I found out a way we can get home faster,” she purred, but first we have to get to the hot spring,” she meowed flicking her ear nervously. “We have to go to a hot spring out there all alone with those wolves,” he hissed arching his back.
“We can make it and beside who is faster then the great Cheetahfur,” she teased nudging him. “I think it is best if we head home soon after the prophecy in that dumb ceremony is given then we can leave,” she purred. “I can’t wait until I can hunt enemies out of my territory and finally become a warrior.
“So will you come with me after we eat,” she asked. Not waiting for an answer Rainpaw added. “Even if you don’t go I’ll go alone and then you’ll be blamed for taking me away with you.”
“Fine I will go but what do you mean by a ceremony is how we will get the prophecy,” asked Cheetahfur?
“Killer, one of the cats told me while you sleep,” she growled. “The quicker way is best to use on the way back, don’t you want to see Tallfoot again. “Yah, but I know you want to see Ruddypaw, and Sierrapaw,” meowed Cheetahfur in a crouching position.
“Fine I will go but only because I want to make sure it is the right way,” hissed Cheetahfur. “Thank you Cheetahfur, I owe you one,” she purred. “Yah, yah, yah,” he mewed back sarcastically. She gave his ear a quick lick then she padded out of the den.
“Wait where are you going,” he meowed watching the white apprentice. “I am going to find Storm, why do you care,” she mewed her fur camouflaged in with the snow.
“I’ll be on my way,” she purred rushing out of the den. The sudden gust of cold air made her shiver. “I’ll check it out myself first after all I am the water,” she muttered. Halting she looked at the den where she had rested once more.
“It is nice to be seen and heard,” she mumbled . “Wait Rainpaw, you can’t go out by yourself,” meowed Cheetahfur his brownish pelt looked wet the falling snow.
“Watch me,” she spat rushing toward the ice tunnel. “Look I agreed to come but you shouldn’t go without the others woken up first. “Didn’t you hear one word I just said,” she hissed. “I’m going and if your going then you should follow me,” she mewed.
Hopefully he follows she mewed to herself. Then she raced off and toward the tunnel of the camp. “I must be going, see you later,” hissed Rainpaw padding out of the tunnel.
I just have to find the way out of the area, we have to make sure that we don’t get home too late she thought out loud.
Her paws pressed hard against the ground, her tail flicked as snow flew at her and got caught in her white snow.
“He said something about being over there,” she spat lashing her tail out as she stopped in the snow with a strong halt. As she sprang out from the tunnel and into deep snow.
“It will be difficult but luckily I know how to cross deep snow.” Her paws got all of her weight off the snow. She breathed in slightly so she would not fall through the snow and be caught on it, but her mind concentrated on something else.
Her mind gave her flashbacks of the spring she was born. Her white fur pressed against her tawny brother Ruddypaw. When she was young the only thing of her mother she did remember was the warm scent of her milk. The only true kin she had was her brother Ruddypaw. The hard times in the clan made her truly remember how she was as a kit. A small shy white kit without a hope in the world and then something sparked her interest and was never the same cat again.
“Where ever are you Ruddypaw,” she muttered to herself. Her paws clawed the snow as she moved on. Her tail twitched nervously.
Her fur bristled with determination. Wind hurled itself at her making her loose balance and almost fall into the snowdrift.
Her claws unsheathed as she ran toward a large den, yet a larger set made shake her head out of disgust. It was stronger then the pack of wolves and any clan cat she had ever smelled before. “What in Starclan’s name is that smell?”
Through the wind she saw another furry creature racing right toward her. She unsheathed her claws ready to embrace it but all it did was stand right in front of her. “What is white cat doing out here all alone,” hissed Dusk the dark brown tabby she had seen earlier.
“Dusk I thought you were a Camp Defender, what are you doing leaving the camp.”
“Well, I was on a special duty that Storm told me to do since the Prey hunters are so little this year,” mewed Dusk. “What are you doing out here and without your friends,” he asked once more.
“I was trying to get to the hot spring and go fishing like I usually do at home when my mentor tells me to,” Rainpaw mewed.
“Well I should take you back for the ceremony is about to start,” he mewed padding through the snow toward the camp once more.