Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 3 Sunrise made from the Warrior book series ❯ Rainstorm ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Rainstorm
Chapter 9

Cheetahfur padded over by his friend Tallfoot. “Hey it’s about time that furball turned into a warrior.” snapped Tallfoot looking up at the black and white leader Spiritstar. “He told me of what happened.” growled Tallfoot. “I hate those dumb Windclan cats as well.” meowed the black deputy. Rainpaw padded up to Spiritstar.
“I am glad that there will be a new warrior.” meowed Blackmuzzle padding toward Bramblefur. Moonbrook, Bramblefur’s mate nodded, her green eyes seemed to shine like the stars in the dark sky. “Rainpaw will make a fine warrior.” whispered Sorrelclaw. Ruddypelt shrugged his shoulders and padded over toward Deerpaw and Cedarpaw.
Cheetahfur thought it was odd that a warrior would want to be around apprentices. He padded over to Sierranose and Skytail. The gray warrior’s eyes shined to see her friend becoming a warrior. Skytail pawed at the ground. His long white fur over groomed as usual. “Hello, Cheetahfur.” meowed Sierranose her eyes clouded.
“Are you ok Sierranose?” growled Skytail glaring past Cheetahfur. “I am ok.” spat Sierranose laying down. Cheetahfur felt bad that they had left so long. Rabbitpaw pushed beside Skytail. “Skytail I want you to teach me a move.” he laughed pouncing on the white tom. “If you want to live get your scrawny pelt off of me.” hissed Skytail.
Sorrelclaw padded toward Silverstorm, his large paws made him look larger then he was. “I hope this ends fast for the Gathering may start without us.” spat the dark ginger and black warrior. Cheetahfur laid on the ground, his tongue scrapped his fur. He looked to where Ruddypelt laid, Deerpaw, Cedarpaw, and a black and white tom were beside him. “Who is that?” he asked Rabbitpaw pointing his muzzle at the black and white apprentice beside Cedarpaw.
“Oh, he is Silentpaw, a very good fighter, he should soon be a warrior.” purred Rabbitpaw. Cheetahfur flinched as he saw that Deerpaw and Silentpaw were almost the size of Ruddypelt. They must had been apprenticed as soon as Rainpaw, him and all the other cats went on the journey.
Skytail pushed Rabbitpaw aside. “Get out away from me pest!” hissed Skytail striking the smaller tom. “Fine, bossy furball.” growled Rabbitpaw as he rushed over toward the other apprentices.
Cheetahfur looked up to see the white apprentice climb over to her new leader. “Rainpaw, you have proved to everyone that you are fit to become a warrior.” purred Spiritstar. “With an ability at fighting and great agility you have great skills that could be used to teach an apprentice of your own. Rainpaw’s eyes sparkled. Cheetahfur sensed that the leader was trying to make the ceremony short in order to go to the Gathering faster.
The great black and white tom purred louder then he stretched his head up higher to glance up at the moon.
“Rainpaw from now you shall no longer have the name of an apprentice. Her eyes glittered like a star in the sky. “Rainpaw from this day forth you will be called Rainstorm.” meowed Spiritstar flicking his tail eagerly. Rainstorm made a slight bow. Spiritstar stepped over toward her and put his muzzle on her forehead.
Cheetahfur watched as she leaped off the rock onto the ground landing on her paws. She padded over toward Silverstorm, then grabbed the rabbit she had caught earlier. Skytail friskily padded over to the fresh-kill pile. “Good job Pain storm.” laughed the long haired warrior. “You better watch it or you will end up with the name no-brains.” growled Cheetahfur passing the white tom to join Rainstorm. Skytail snorted, his eyes filled with hatred. “You could only hope that.” he growled.
Cheetahfur ignored his insult and laid down beside Silverstorm. “Congratulations Rainstorm.” purred Sierranose padding over to greet her friend. “I love your name.” she added. “Well, I sure don’t.” growled Ruddypelt sarcastically. “You should really keep your mouth shut.” snapped Rainstorm pressing against her brother affectionally. Cheetahfur felt something he never felt before. The scent of jealousy gripped at his fur. He never knew how it felt to be with a sibling.
“You ok Cheetahfur.” mewed Sierranose sitting beside the golden spotted warrior. Silverstorm got to his feet, a squirrel gripped between his teeth. “I am going to give this to Rapidwind.” purred the older gray warrior. “What happened to the frisky apprentice.” squeaked Sorrelclaw padding over to congratulate Rainstorm.
Cheetahfur yawned, his claws unsheathed as he stretched. Rainstorm padded beside him, her eyes filled with rejoice. “Great job on becoming a warrior.” he meowed, his eyelids closing and opening. “Rabbitpaw jumped onto Cheetahfur. “Can you teach me a new move?” he purred. “Well can’t your mentor do that?” laughed Rainstorm nudging the smaller cat. “Yes, but he won’t do it right now.” he mumbled.
“Who is your mentor?” asked Cheetahfur trying to open his eyes. “I don’t think you should go to the Gathering if you are so tired.” meowed Rainstorm. “Skytail is my mentor.” growled Rabbitpaw flicking his tail in the direction of the long haired white warrior.
Cheetahfur nodded. The white tom was older then any other cat in the clan and was about to become an elder. Rabbitpaw snorted. “He is no fun.” growled the apprentice clawing at the ground with unsheathed paws. Sierranose padded up to Rainstorm, her eyes still glittering. “I think you will go to the Gathering.” she purred.
“You are intolerable, I don’t even know why I allowed myself to think a kit like you would be worth mentoring.” growled Skytail in the distance. Deerpaw padded up to Cheetahfur as he stalked away from Rainstorm and Sierranose. “Cheetahfur what is going on?” she asked pointing her muzzle at Sierranose. “No offense but she usually is so quiet now all of a sudden she is so loud Shadowclan can hear her.” mocked the younger cat. Her size almost matched his, he hated admitting to himself that he was gone that long but he felt offended being so late to his former leader’s death and missing the naming ceremonies of his friends. Deerpaw would become a warrior in a moon or two, at least he could tell she was a lot older then seven moons old. “You could be next.” he purred randomly. “Really?” she asked jumping onto him, her claws sheathed.
“Yes, I bet your ceremony will be soon.” he mumbled trying to breath with the apprentice on him. “I can’t wait until Featherwind’s kits are ready to be apprenticed.” she purred jumping off of Cheetahfur to land near the apprentice’s den.
“We should listen to hear who is going to the ceremony.” she added flicking her ears excitedly.