Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 3 Sunrise made from the Warrior book series ❯ Going to the Gathering ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Going to the Gathering
Chapter 10

Cheetahfur padded over toward the high rock once more. Their leader, Spiritstar stood tall above all the other cats. Cheetahfur licked his paw. Tallfoot padded up to the leader then sat down beside him. “Spiritstar had allowed these warriors and apprentices to go.” he purred. “ Sorrelclaw, Sepiaclaw, Silentpaw, Rabbitpaw, Cheetahfur, Bramblefur, Moonbrook, Sierranose, Rainstorm, and Ruddypelt.” he yowled so all the cats could hear him. “ Blackmuzzle, Silverstorm, Skytail, Deerpaw, and Cedarpaw are staying to protect the camp.” added the black deputy.
Cheetahfur yawned then arched his back. As he got to his paws he saw that Meadowbrook, the medicine cat was staying with Rapidwind. A glimpse of Featherwind, made him see that she was staring at her kit, Silentpaw.
He followed Spiritstar out of camp, his fur bristling at the total silence of the surroundings. Rainstorm padded up to him, Sierranose by her side. “Hey Cheetahfur did you know that Lilackit and Aquakit are almost old enough to become warriors.” she purred in a gleaming smile.
Cheetahfur nodded curtly. “Are you alright.” growled Sierranose pushing her white friend closer to her for comfort. “Um, Sierranose.” she whispered. “Yah, right, I have to go talk to Rabbitpaw about his mentor.” she meowed as she padded away toward the brown tom.
“What’s the matter Cheetahfur you don’t seem like your old self, is it something you have a problem with our what?” she asked purring softly. “It is just nothing.” he grumbled underneath his breath. “Ok, if you say so, I will always be a friend you can talk to you know that don’t you?” she asked glaring at him to turn and look into her eyes.
“Yes, I know, thanks for talking to me I guess Rainstorm.” muttered Cheetahfur. Rainstorm gave an acknowledging nod then padded after Sierranose in the distance. The sight of Ruddypelt made Cheetahfur feel less comforting. Of all the cats Ruddypelt and Sorrelclaw seemed to hate him a lot for what he had no idea but Ruddypelt made him feel more endangered then Sorrelclaw’s bad temper.
Rainstorm’s tail flicked in the distance and the sound of the echoes of the river made his ears pound as he memorized the rhythms around him. As the sun began to fall. He saw that only Riverclan scents were in the area, meaning Windclan hadn’t been in their territory for a while. Ruddypelt turned and faced over to pad over toward Cheetahfur. “Where do you think your going Cheetahfur?” asked the tawny tabby. “To the Gathering, Ruddypelt.” growled Cheetahfur outstretching his claws. Ruddypelt flinched, though he was younger he seemed all to happy to Cheetahfur. A scent of Thunderclan caught his eye and he turned to see the Thunderclan leader, Snowstar stalking over toward the four giant oak trees. “Snowstar always makes a big entrance.” laughed Ruddypelt, his eyes made Cheetahfur see that he wasn’t trying to threaten him. Cheetahfur made his eyes into slits.
“Yah, he does make a big entrance as if he is more important.” he laughed. A glimpse at the tabby and he realized he like Rainstorm, had changed. Not a sign of fear or hatred burned in the young warrior’s eyes. Rabbitpaw jumped overhead, his large feet hit the ground at a fast pace. Cheetahfur ducked as the tom hit the ground.
“Ha, I scared you didn’t I.” he purred. “No, there is a difference of scared and startled.” spat Ruddypelt unsheathing a paw in front of Rabbitpaw. The brown apprentice ran after Silentpaw in fear.
“So you do have an apprentice problem don’t you.” he teased. “If that was my apprentice I guess he is a problem.” purred Cheetahfur. Ruddypelt twitched. “I heard that Shadowclan has an apprentice that can kill Twolegs, they said he has black stripes.” whispered the tabby, his tail fidgeted eagerly. “Listen, Ruddypelt I didn’t mean to say anything bad to you.” started Cheetahfur feeling bad for saying bad things about the tawny warrior. “I didn’t say anything that made you feel threatened did I?” asked Ruddypelt. “No and I am sorry for the way I acted to you earlier.” the spotted warrior added. “It is fine after all you never have been hostile to me as an apprentice.” meowed Ruddypelt feeling unopened.
Cheetahfur nodded and sped up to follow the other clan cats, only Rainstorm and Sierranose stood out with their fur, for Rainstorm was the only white cat there in there clan and Sierranose was the only slender silver cat in there clan. Featherwind also caught his eyes for the pale gray she-cat followed at Rabbitpaw’s footsteps.
Cheetahfur realized that Silverstorm must have told Spiritstar about the two other apprentice’s had been, that’s why they weren’t here. “So are you the mentor of Deerpaw?” asked Cheetahfur seeing the tom’s interest in the apprentice.
“Huh?” he mewed looking at Cheetahfur. “I don’t have a apprentice but Deerpaw is my friend, just like you and Rainpaw were friends.” he meowed. Cheetahfur nodded, though he knew more was coming from this, since when do apprentices always talk about their friends and why would he hang out with all of the apprentices?
Cheetahfur sighed, he had never wanted to become so involved with the journey he had taken. Then maybe he could had seen the change in all of his friends including Tallfoot, who never seemed to be around him anymore.
Rainstorm and Sierranose padded over toward them. “Cheetahfur the Gathering will start soon come on.” meowed Rainstorm. Ruddypelt halted, his fur seemed to stand up.
“What is it Ruddypelt?” Cheetahfur asked looked grimly at his new friend. Ruddypelt shook his head. “Oh, probably nothing I just thought I smelled blood.” he growled.