Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 3 Sunrise made from the Warrior book series ❯ Gathering New ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Gathering news
Chapter 11

Cheetahfur padded over to the center of the Fourtrees, his long tail flicked excitedly. Ruddypelt brushed beside him. “I know why Spiritstar allowed you to come.” he whispered.
The tawny pelted tabby brushed past Cheetahfur. “He told Tallfoot it was best that you and Rainstorm come to catch up with the other cats, as you already know, Thunderclan and Windclan have been invading our territory.” he growled.
Cheetahfur nodded. He knew of the difficult times that the clan had without him and Rainstorm. Though the times were rough in the clan, they were also deadly in danger in the mountains and the tundra. The flashbacks of the deadly bear-like creature bit at him like a tick. More of the mountains and the ledges came back to his memory as he almost fell to his death before Rainstorm had saved him.
Cheetahfur stalked over toward some more Riverclan cats. Sorrelclaw padded over to Blackmuzzle. Though Sorrelclaw was older he was practically Blackmuzzle’s best friend. Memories of before the journey had begun to be unclear to him. His fur tingled with the scent of overwhelming fear. He hardy remembered the scent of the Fourtrees.
Sorrelclaw, the ginger tom with a large black tail and patch on his eyes as well as his paw. Blackmuzzle pawed at the ground as if a young kit, his eyes wide with excitement. Sorrelclaw growled something beside him.
Ruddypelt sat down beside him, as he touched the ground, his tail flicked with wonder, as if he knew something unknown to all the other cats. Cheetahfur flinched with fear then calmed down once a familiar scent made him look up to see a full moon. The light of the moon comforted him as Rainstorm and Sierranose sat down beside them.
“Hello, Cheetahfur, Ruddypelt.” purred Rainstorm. Sierranose and most of the other cats looked up eagerly as if to wait for a storm to pass.
Tallfoot stood by Spiritstar. Cheetahfur felt pure jealousy as the black tom and black and white tabby chatted, his head felt as if it were going to burst, all the emotions he had felt had too soon made his mind spin.
“What was last they talked about here?” Rainstorm whispered to Sierranose lashing her tail. Sierranose whispered something back but Cheetahfur hadn’t caught what it was she said. Rainstorm nodded then got up and padded away quickly into the darkness of the forest. Cheetahfur gave a stern look at Sierranose who had gotten her upset. For some reason he felt something burning inside him. But all he did was shake his head to get the thoughts out of his head.
His claws unsheathed into the ground. Ruddypelt put his muzzle on his front paws beside him. Though he thought it didn’t seem right without Skytail and Rainstorm beside him at this Gathering, he wondered why. Then a flashback of the day before he had left. Skytail was yelling at Rainpaw as usual then she fought back. Though she was not like that anymore, a scent of fear made him flinch as he thought it came from Riverclan territory.
Blood rushed to his ears. Was something happening to Rainstorm and the other cats. Or was it just prey-scent that had the scent of fresh fear. He wondered what could’ve been as strong of scent.
Rabbitpaw and Silentpaw lay side by side. Their tails twitched excitedly. “I can’t wait.” purred Silentpaw biting at his shoulder. Rabbitpaw shrugged his shoulders.
Cheetahfur sighed and put his muzzle and head onto his paws as he waited for his leader to pounce onto the four great rocks laying in front of him and all the other cats. It still hadn’t felt the same to have the large black and white warrior as his new leader, and an image of Bronzestar made his heart sink.
What had happened to all of the other clans while they were gone, did they suffer as much as Riverclan had. Cheetahfur saw that Sierranose had turned to face the four leaders. As he waited for the leaders to go onto the rocks he heard small mews and clawing and wondered if there was someone who needed help.
As he stared at the crowd around him he felt a strange feeling as he caught a glimpse of Tigerpaw, the rigid young Shadowclan apprentice known for his skill at hardship of the mouth and being great at fighting. “There’s the apprentice I was talking about.” purred Ruddypelt amazed he was right. “I smell the scent of blood growled Ruddypelt getting up to rush into the bush. Cheetahfur followed, his claws unsheathed at the hearing of the word blood. “Blood, huh, maybe there is a fight going on.” he spat angrily as he rushed out of the clearing. A scent of fear had been in the forest and he knew it had to be where the scent of the blood came from, but why would a cat want to fight in front of the Gathering when all cats are at peace for the moments there under the moon.
He purred to see the moon was not covered from the clouds allowing him to see clearly.
A scent soothed him as he thought he scented Ruddypelt and Rainstorm, then a different scent made him flinch. It was the source of the scent of blood. A familiar figure lay in front of Cheetahfur. As he blinked to have a closer look at it , he saw it wasn’t a non-moving creature it was a cat with Riverclan scent.
As he stared closer he recognized the scent of Sepiaclaw, one of the older warriors. “Sepiaclaw wake up.” he snapped panicking. “He is dead Cheetahfur.” growled a dark tabby in the shadows.