Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 5 made from the orignal book series Warriors ❯ Apprentices ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Apprentices
Chapter 1

Cheetahfur padded out of the warriors den. How could he believe such nonsense about the older warrior being such rambunctious and evil. He got to his paws as he saw Lilacpaw pad over to him. “Good morning you furball.” she growled.
The dark gray she-cat padded up to him. Her body was slim and her coat was neatly groomed. “You promised me I would be trained yesterday.” she mewed mockingly.
She was almost an exact copy of her mother Rapidwind but the more feathery tail made him think otherwise. “So are we going or what, I can’t wait.” she purred.
He padded over to the silvery pelted apprentice, her long hair seemed to make her larger then usual. Lilacpaw pushed over to Cheetahfur. “Come on Cheetahfur by the time you get to your paws all the prey in the forest will be dead.” she snorted.
“Snowstar will be wrong if he thinks any Thunderclan cat will be able to go into our territory since I am a apprentice.” she meowed confidently. “Yah right.” mumbled Cheetahfur.
“What did you say?” sulked his apprentice in pursuit. Tallfoot padded over to him. “Hey Lilackit.” he laughed. “Shut up you stupid furball. I am Lilacpaw now. I suggest you shut up now before I tear you to shreds.” she growled.
The solid black deputy didn’t even flinch. “Looks like you have a lot to teach this stinking piece of crowfood.” he glared down at the apprentice. “You can only wish.” spat Aquapaw pushing over to his sister. “Hello Lilacpaw.” he purred as he past her to go to the dark ginger warrior
Ruddypelt.
Spiritstar jumped onto the rock his fur was wet from the rainstorm last night. Cheetahfur saw Deerheart and Rainstorm in front of the rock, Ruddypelt stood beside them with Aquapaw. Rapidwind and Featherwind were in the far back. They both stared high up at the older tom.
“It is time for Rabbitpaw to have a new mentor to continue his training.” yowled the black and white leader, he looked weaker then usual.
“I feel so sorry for Rabbitpaw.” groveled Tallfoot looking over his shoulder to see the brown apprentice with his sister Cedarpaw.
“I have decided that Bramblefur will continue Rabbitpaw’s training.” Spiritstar purred. Rabbitpaw nodded, he pushed to his paws and walked over to the pale brown warrior Bramblefur.
“I would be honored to mentor such a fine apprentice.” he purred touching his nose against the brown apprentice’s nose.
Cheetahfur watched Ruddypelt, Sierranose, Rainstorm, and Deerheart walk over to join Rabbitpaw, Bramblefur, and Moonbrook. “It will be good that you can be taught again.” laughed Rainstorm giving the apprentice an affectionate nudge.
He smiled and pressed against Rainstorm in return. Cheetahfur saw Lilacpaw stare desperately at the two cats. Cheetahfur growled as he put his tail in front of her.
“Don’t stare, Lilacpaw.” he muttered. Lilacpaw snorted. “When will we leave? I am so bored.” she whined. “Ok you stinking furball, we’ll go already.” he grumbled getting to his feet and stalking away toward a tall wall surrounding half the camp.
“Come on, Lilacpaw. You seem to be all talk and no action.” he meowed. “Oh yah?” she snapped rushing over to him. “You can only dream, Cheetahfur.” the apprentice mocked him. “I can catch prey probably as well as you and only faster and more accurate.” she purred in confidence. “Is that a threat?” he glared challengely.
Lilacpaw nodded. “It is easy to tell I am your first apprentice so I’ll go easy on you.”
Cheetahfur let out a mrrrrow of laughter. “You are confident so I am sure you may be good, but I am much better.” he joked. “Oh really.” spat Lilacpaw jumping onto the wall of the camp.
“Come on we can have a competition about that.” she laughed. She jumped onto the other side eagerly. “I’ll show you what I am made of!” she yowled in the distance.
Cheetahfur realized she had ran so far away that instant that he couldn’t even see her anymore. “Humph, she is never going to beat me she is hardly old enough to even be an apprentice.” he snorted. As he glared over he saw Bramblefur, Moonbrook, Rabbitpaw, and Rainstorm stalk out of camp. Tallfoot must of sent them out as a hunting patrol.
The golden tabby ran over the wall. His fur seemed to be wet from the mists of the moisture in the wet soil.
“That rainstorm last night must had worsened the size of the river again.” he meowed sniffing the air.
“This is going to be a long day.” he yawned. “No kidding.” growled Aquapaw padding up to him. “Do you know where Ruddypelt has gone off to?” he mewed. “I thought h was with Deerheart.” meowed Cheetahfur in reply.
“I already found Deerheart he wasn’t with her.” he whined. “I think Sorrelclaw was leading him off somewhere. Rainstorm said she was going to join him after she saw how good Rabbitpaw was hunting.” he meowed. Cheetahfur glanced over into the bushes to see Rainstorm following Ruddypelt into a deeper part of the think plant filled island.
“Come on Aquapaw we have to check it out.” he yowled at the pale gray apprentice.