Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 5 made from the orignal book series Warriors ❯ Flames of the Forest ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Flames of the Forest

Cheetahfur followed Amberleaf to a small brook in the forest. Not one other creature stirred. The scents of the forest were filled with other scents beside cats and prey. A strong smoke smell made his eyes water. “What is that smell?” asked Cheetahfur started by the sudden scent of smoke and the strong rush of heat. Amberleaf also sniffed the air. “You’re right Cheetahfur I do smell something and I’ll tell you one thing it’s defiantly smoke. And where there’s smoke there’s fire!” she yowled running into a tunnel leading to camp. Cheetahfur sulked as he followed her. His bravery torn short. “Amberleaf wait for me.” he called for her in the flames. “Cheetahfur what are you doing here?” asked a startled she-cat he couldn’t recognize at first.
Cheetahfur paused to see who it was. “Is that you Fawnheart?” he asked her. “No, It’s me Nightpaw.” the she-cat apprentice purred pushing closer to him. Cheetahfur backed away. “What are you doing here Cheetahfur?” she asked again. Cheetahfur stomped the ground with his paw. “I’m here to see you’re father and grandfather.” he meowed. Nightpaw coughed. Cheetahfur could tell she was effected from the flames and the smell of smoke. “Nightpaw get out of here, now! And go across the river! If you run into any Riverclan cats tell them I have allowed you to go there now go and if you run into any more Thunderclan cats bring them with you!” he yowled to her.
The slender she-cat ran off quickly. He could tell she was in a hurry to get out for she was out of sight on a half a second.
Cheetahfur padded over to the flames trying to sniff out any cats who were stuck or afraid to move. Then a vision of a black cat who was stuck under a log came into his view. All the other cats must have left him behind from fear of the fire. Even Amberleaf had left him all alone.
“Hey you there I’ll help you!” Cheetahfur cried out rushing over to the black tom. The black tom cringed then nodded still unable to see who was helping him out.
“Who might you be?” asked the older tom trying to help push the log off by arching his back. “I’m Cheetahfur, don’t ask why I’m here, but might you know who a cat named Graystorm is?” he meowed pushing against the log with his front paws. The black cat’s mouth dropped and his eyes seemed to have closed. “Oh great! This makes it much easier then it already was.” groaned Cheetahfur sarcastically. His flanks heaved in air as he pushed harder. He saw the flames touching leaves and other logs only three tail lengths away. Cheetahfur ran far away from the log then ran at it, his paws leaving bruises once he had finally pushed the log off the passed out cat.
As he grabbed the older tom by the back of the neck, he managed to run in time of being captured of being trapped in the flames.
Cheetahfur felt the sparks of the flame on his pelt as he ran as fast as he could towards the river with the older tom gripped tightly with teeth. The flames seemed to be going as fast as he was. It was almost touching the other cat’s paws. Cheetahfur jumped into the river, his pelt felt the raging water as he managed to paddle through the water with another cat gripped from his jaws.
His paws splashed very loudly throughout the roaring of the river. Cheetahfur could see that there were other cats on the bank of the Riverclan. The tide carried him to the bank of the Riverclan territory. Coughing out water he dragged the black warrior to the other Thunderclan warriors. A dark gray tom with darker spots padded up to him. “Thank you for saving my father.” he meowed pushing at the black tom’s chest until he spat out water.
“Humph, where, where am I?” he asked looking up at Cheetahfur. “I’m Cheetahfur the one who saved you from burning in the fire. You fainted when I asked you if you knew who Graystorm was remember?” asked Cheetahfur prodding at the ground curiously. “Yes, I remember know.” laughed the older tom still spitting out water. “I do know him for he is my son.” purred the black tom. “I’m Nightfur by the way.” he added.
“Nightfur?” he meowed as an echo. Flashbacks of his mother burned throughout his mind. “You’re my father?” he meowed confused and not knowing he was blurting all this out. Graystorm looked up from the ground his tail’s fur was bristling. Nightfur eyes blinked then he looked away from Cheetahfur. “Who did you say you were again.” he coughed. Cheetahfur looked at the older tom with confusion. “I’m Cheetahfur the son of Spottedfern.” purred Cheetahfur.
“What?” muttered Nightfur half shocked. “You know who I am?”
Cheetahfur nodded. “Of course you are my father aren’t you?” he grumbled excitedly. Graystorm started growling. “What are you saying? Nightfur are you this Riverclan cat’s father?” he spat his fur bristling. “It’s time I told the truth Graystorm.” sighed Nightfur. “I figured it would best for you both to be separated but soon I felt more and more left out of your life Cheetahfur. I watched you from afar and told your mother never to tell you that you had a father in Thunderclan. I then noticed more and more times at the gathering your mother wasn’t there but I still saw you all alone in the crowd with another black kit. It wasn’t until many gathering later that I discovered she was dead. At first I felt as if I should go and get you so you could really understand why you had no father, but I would be deceived by all my clan mates and so would you. So I wished for you to be with the Riverclan cats to continue on the path of your mother’s early death.” he stomached. Graystorm slowly padded away, depressed. “Don’t worry about him, he is just surprised that’s all. It’s not like anyone else knows but the three of us.” laughed Nightfur. “Well, I must say you look exactly like your mother except she would do anything to not get into trouble. She wouldn’t go looking for trouble into another territory.” he grumbled. Cheetahfur nodded. “You make sure everyone is here, we need to see if everyone is alright.” yowled Cheetahfur.
He padded into his own camp to see if everyone had been in their area when the fire had gone on. His paws hit the ground hard as he pushed past the tunnel to see Cedarpaw. . Cheetahfur shook his head. “No where was he last?” asked Cheetahfur scared his friend may have been hurt or worst. Rainstorm padded over to him. A worried look in her expression had disappeared. “Cheetahfur.” she hollered over to him. She pressed her face against him in sudden emotion. “I thought you might have died in the fire.” she cried.
He still stood right beside her. Cedarpaw followed them quite interested in them. “So when did you too get together?” she mewed teasingly. Cheetahfur felt embarrassed his claws unsheathed then sheathed again.