Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 5 made from the orignal book series Warriors ❯ Battle of lover's Amber's confession ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Battle of the Lovers
Amberleaf’s Conversation

Cheetahfur stopped and sniffed the ground. The Thunderclan patrol had just left this spot. “Well, at least I won’t get injured until I get into camp.” he moaned. Two blue eyes peered from behind one of the shrubs. “Stop….” it cried. Cheetahfur stopped and turned around. The eyes had disappeared and so did the voice. “Huh? Rainstorm..” he muttered turning his head. And there was Rainstorm her eyes dripped with tears. “Cheetahfur……..don’t go.” she wailed. Cheetahfur stood tall trying not to look her in the eye. He hated the fact that she was the one who Hawkfur had to tell about this. “Rainstorm stop crying.” he growled pawing at her eyes trying to whip the tears dry. “I told Hawkfur that no one would stop me and I meant it. I want to know why my so called father didn’t allow me and my brother to meet. So please get out of the way.” he groaned jumping over her and racing into the fern.
Rainstorm’s cries he could hear from a mile away. As he stopped to listen for sounds he caught a glimpse of her catching up with him. “Cheetahfur wait! If you’re going to go, I want to come too.” she meowed taking a moment to look over the bush then at him. “I hear someone coming.” she muttered. Cheetahfur stomached and then growled at her.
“That’s why I don’t want you hear, I need to do this alone and also I don’t you to get killed.” he meowed. Rainstorm looked at the ground. “What do you want me to do?” she asked him calmer now. Cheetahfur saw what she was looking at. A large rock with a two small imprints of cats paw prints. Cheetahfur stared deeply at the prints. Rainstorm had moved a small rock in order to see them. Cheetahfur placed his paw in one of the older prints. It fit exactly. He stood motionless then turned his head and peered at Rainstorm. “This has the same scent as my mother.” he mewed, his eyes clouding. Rainstorm looked at the ground as well then placed her paw next to his in the print next to Cheetahfur’s mother’s. “Cheetahfur.. I think this is a sign of their love for each other.” she meowed under her breath.
Cheetahfur nodded. “I think your right.” he purred. Cheetahfur dropped his head and looked deeper at the print. Now but the print’s had their scents in it not his mother’s or his father’s anymore. Rainstorm smiled. “Cheetahfur…. I’ll go if you want me to.” she meowed. Cheetahfur turned away still confused and still staring at the prints deep in thought. Rainstorm gave him a sad stare then padded away, her tail drooping at the ground.
Cheetahfur stopped staring at the prints. Then he heard some rustling in the bushes. A dark ginger cat jumped at him. Recognizing her bright green eyes. Cheetahfur knew it was Amberleaf. “Amberleaf how have you been?” he asked the Thunderclan warrior. “Huh? Cheetahfur is that you I didn’t recognize you I thought you were um Nightpaw. She looks exactly like you at dark.” she stammered. “What are you doing here?” she stood stiff. “You know your in enemy territory.” she growled. Cheetahfur nodded then pawed at the rock that once covered the two paw prints. It soon rolled over and covered them again. Amberpaw stammered then padded over to him. “What is it Cheetahfur?” she mewed.
Cheetahfur stopped looking at the rock for a moment. “It’s nothing, but Amberleaf could you possibly bring me to your cat?” he asked calmly but rashly. Amberleaf’s mouth dropped. “What? How could you ask me that, I may be your friend but I’m not a traitor!” she spat angrily. Cheetahfur shook his head. “No I need to talk to someone, Amberleaf.” he meowed.
Amberleaf gave him a hard stare then nodded. “I hope your telling the truth about all of this!” Amberleaf warned solemnly. Cheetahfur nodded. “Of course I’m not lying don’t you believe me?” he asked her. Amberleaf shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know who to believe anymore.” she mumbled padding over into the small roots. “Come on this way. And may I ask who you must talk to.” she asked him silently. Cheetah nodded. “I have no secrets from you Amberleaf, I am hear to see if I do really have a father or brother in this clan.” he muttered.
Amberleaf stopped in her tracks. “What do you mean? That you have a family in our clan?” she hissed. “Have you been the one in our clan all this time?” she asked him.
Cheetahfur stooped to peer ahead of her. “No I’ve never been in this territory since we came back from the Island.” mewed Cheetahfur in a confused tune. Amberleaf sniffed the air then smelled the ground. “I want to know who you wish to see…..Cheetahfur.” she muttered. “I wish to see Fawnheart I want to talk to her about something.” he meowed. “Oh, speaking of Fawnheart, she is going to have kits in the bare-leaf of next year.” meowed Amberleaf.
Cheetahfur stopped and stared at her. Is that why Hawkfur didn’t want her to go and tell him about this. Amberleaf stopped as well. “I don’t know why but at first she told me not to tell anyone about it because well was Hawkfur who she loves and he’s in another clan. Unlike you and Rainstorm right.” she mewed teasingly.
Cheetahfur looked shocked at her. Did she know that much just from the mountain? Amberleaf must had seen the shock in his eyes for she laughed. “You didn’t tell her did you?” sighed Amberleaf. Cheetahfur paused for a second. “What? Tell her what?” he asked her surprised at her question. Amberleaf laughed once more. “You don’t know anything do you?” she purred with amusement.
“Said what?” he growled once more. Amberleaf flicked her tail once more with amusement. “A cat with nine lives yet no commonsense. Have you ever told Rainstorm something you would never tell someone else?” she asked him. Cheetahfur looked confused. “What. What do you mean?” he asked her still not understanding what she meant.
Amberleaf sighed. “Have you ever told Rainstorm you loved her?” she meowed. Cheetahfur’s jaws dropped. “Are you kidding me?” he mewed. Amberleaf gave him a cold stare. “You do love her don’t you?” she growled. Cheetahfur stared at the ground unable to answer her at that moment his eyes still widened. “No, I haven’t.” he mewed disappointed that every seemed to know how he felt but Rainstorm. “Don’t worry Cheetahfur I’m sure you’ll have your moment.” she mewed still laughing a little bit. “You know… sometimes it is hard to emit your feelings to another.” she purred.
Cheetahfur turned to look at her. “I know this is random but have you ever heard Tigerheart say it before?” he asked her.
Amberleaf looked at the ground. “The last time I saw him was the last Gathering. But no like you he hasn’t mentioned that at all. Unlike Fawnheart, me and Tigerheart have not met in our own territories. Cheetahfur nodded. “You know Rainstorm talked to me a lot about you when we were in the mountain.” she added. Cheetahfur stood up. “Come on before you are caught with me let’s go to the camp, I must speak to Fawnheart!” he yowled running into the bushes. Amberleaf quickly led him into camp.