Fan Fiction ❯ Winter, Again ❯ One ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes:

Hello again, everyone! I would like to take this opportunity to thank again my first two reviewers: Kat the ice white kat and Amy!

And so, the story starts here!



Winter, Again
--I--

Welcome to Skylight. A small, quiet town by the countryside known for its best and full view of the sky. Tourists flock to this town for this reason...that is, if they can reach the town from the top of the plateau. Yes, that's right. A PLATEAU. It is also unique in other perspectives, such as the people who live here. Let's just say that the town is occupied by a very colorful flock of people from families to singles.

But of course, even amongst the unique, there is always something that stands out. And in this case, it is one particular family...

"CLAAUUUUUDIAAAAAA!!!!"

A middle-aged woman looked up from the frying pan. "Yes dear?"

"Where are my socks? I'm late for my first class!!!"

"Look in the laundry room!"

The owner of the voice grumbled and stomped off into the laundry room. Once there, he saw a basket hovering on top of the washing machine. The whirring stopped and out came the clothes and into the laundry basket. The man groaned. "Claudia, they aren't pressed yet?!"

"You're looking at the wrong basket, Tempest!"

The man named Tempest glanced around, and finally spied a basket lying in the corner. He snapped his fingers, and the basket flew toward him. He raised a finger and twirled it, and in response the pile of pressed clothes were lifted up. Tempest grinned and picked up the sought-after socks. He climbed up the stairs while amazingly putting on the socks. As he passed by the masters bedroom, he lifted up his finger again and flicked it, as if signalling something to come toward him. True enough, some...things did--his coat and tie floated after him.

Once he reached the kitchen, he gave a kiss to his wife and patted the heads of his two children, or rather, teenagers. "I'll be off now." He grabbed his floating coat and the tie automatically fixed itself on his neck.

"Oh, you're not going to eat breakfast?"

"Not today, I've got an important meeting. See ya when I get home!" With that he was off.

His wife blinked confusingly. "Funny, I thought he said he was late for his first class..."

Ten seconds later, the door opened again. "Oops. Forgot the car keys."

* * *

The youngest teen shook head as she stared at the door her father went out to. "I swear, Dad's getting clumsier and clumsier by the minute."

"Now we all know who took after him." Her elder brother smirked, while chewing bacon.

"Why you!!!!" Along with her face, her hand started to glow red.

"Cyrene! No fireballs in the table!"

"But he started it!!"

The mother sighed. "Cyrus, stop teasing your sister. My goodness, you're still acting like children!"

The youngest glared at the eldest, who only smirked back.

* * *

Meet the Heavens.

The handsome man we just saw making his way to work is Tempest Heaven, the father and head of the family. He is a college professor in the local university, teaching History.

"*pant* Good...*pant* morning class!"

A rustle of giggles sounded the room.

"Yeah, yeah I know I'm late again."

"Why didn't you just fly your way here, Professor Heaven?"

"Why should I? I have a car. Now, let's start off. Open your books to page..."

His beautiful and VERY demure wife Claudia stars in her very own cooking show (which, by the way can be seen everyday 11 am to 12 noon at the Living Life Channel)

"Next, what we need to do is chop up some onions to add to the flavor." *CHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPCHOP!*

Tempest and Claudia have two children. The eldest, Cyrus is also a handsome boy of eighteen. He had inherited his mother's silver hair and his father's emerald-green eyes. He was...a punk though.

"Cyrus. Who is the father of Genetics?"

"Gregor Mendel."

"Capital of South Korea?"

"Seoul."

"What is an absorption cross section?"

"In chemistry, it is a measure of an atom or a molecule's ability to absorb light at a specific wavelength, measured in square centimeter/particle."

"45831 times 472?"

"21632232."

...a genius punk.

And finally, the last but certainly not the least is the cute seventeen-year-old Cyrene. She had blue hair and golden eyes. Her blue hair she got from her father's, and as for her eyes, her parents told her that she got them from her grandmother.

Although she wasn't a genius in academics like her brother, she was skilled in other things--such as ice skating. A principal member of her school's ice skating varsity, she often represented the school as well as Skylight itself in numerous competitions.

"And now presenting the Dancer from the sky...Cyrene Heaven!!!"

"Look out for the--!"

*SMACK!*

...well even varsity players make mistakes sometimes.

What did I tell you? Very unique eh?

Oh. And they're a family of witches and warlocks.