Fan Fiction ❯ X-Men: Apocalypse Rising ❯ New Beginnings ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch.1: Saying Goodbye

"I am sorry Professor, but I'm taking a team to go and find out what happened to…well we're going to try and find the cause of the mysterious Destiny Diaries," explained Storm.

"I understand Storm, but I don't know why we could do this as a team? We've always done things like that in the past," said Professor X.

"Yes Professor, we have tried that. But have you seen that we have lost Colossus, Moira, and Senator Kelly in the process? That made Shadowcat drop out, and Marrow to return home. Now I think that we should try going alone. This is very tough but we must do this," explained Storm.

It was a rainy day at the X-Mansion in Westchester, NY; and a very sad day, for Storm was leaving to go and search for the mysterious Destiny Diaries.

"I'm going to take Beast, Thunderbird, Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, and Psylocke. We're terribly sorry to go but we feel that we must do this. I…. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me," sobbed Storm.

"Storm don't cry. I know that you don't want to leave but you need to go and find those lost diaries. I bid you farewell," said Professor X.

"Professor I think you need to go too," said Phoenix.

"Jean, thank you, but I'm not leaving. You, on the other hand, must try and find new recruits. Try and find Polaris, please persuade her to come back. If you can, I know of a man just like Colossus. His name is Lariat. He is the little son of Colossus from the Savage Land. Please find him," said Prof. Xavier.

Jean Grey, a teacher at Professor Xavier's School, went into the mansion and into the underground towards the great machine called Cerebro. She went inside and put on the silver helmet. She activated Cerebro, with a thought and the help of her telekinesis. All of a sudden waves of mutant thoughts flooded her mind. She had the control, but sometimes she would feel a sharp pulse of pain because of the amount of strength it took to control the great machine.

"Let me look in Antarctica, in the Savage Land. Lariat was born there, and sources say that he stayed there and ruled after Ka-Zar and Erika went to New York to stop Sauron. Lets take a peak… yes found him. He is in the Tribal Hut. Oh my…. he can take on metal form just like Colossus," thought Jean.

The next morning, a yellow car pulled up to the X-Mansion.

"That'll be 5 bucks Mister, hey! Where did ya go?" yelled the driver.

As soon as the driver went to tell his passenger for the fee, his passenger was nowhere to be seen. That passenger was Nightcrawler.

"The Mansion seems to be a little quiet than it usually is," thought Nightcrawler.

"So you decided to come back Elf, huh? Well you need to get an uniform, because that certainly won't work," said Wolverine.

"Logan, dear ole buddy how are ya?" said Nightcrawler. The blue man went up to the shady man and gave him a big blue eye love hug.

"Elf, never give me hugs," said Wolverine. "Only on holidays you may give me hugs. I will let you get away with it just this once."

"Kurt welcome back to the X-Men. Come on back to the Danger Room. Also come to the Ready Room, so we can fit you. At the Danger Room, we'll give you a sample mission to see how good your reflexes are," said Phoenix.

Nightcrawler was soon in costume and in the Danger Room, and on his favorite mission, apprehending Magneto's daughter, Scarlet Witch. Up in the control room, Phoenix and Wolverine monitored Nightcrawler's progress.

"Okay increase it by 5.0 gravity potential, and change character to Apocalypse. Jeannie, I am only doing this because we are up against enemies that could fry Scarlet Witch in one attack," said Logan.

"Kurt if you are feeling that you are having signs of Fatigue, teleport out of the Danger Room and go strait to the Medical Facility!" yelled Jean.

Nightcrawler started out his training exercise with no trouble all. Then it increased to the medium level, and then to Apocalypse. Nightcrawler started to feel a wee bit tired, but he pressed on.

"Argh, please stop it now!" yelled Nightcrawler.

Soon Nightcrawler couldn't control his teleportation in the Danger Room. He was all over the place, and slipping in and out of this reality. He finally got control of himself and defeated Apocalypse with no trouble at all.

"Kurt? Kurt? Kurt, are you all right? Oh no!!!! Logan, he's gone into Cardiac Arrest!" yelled Jean, fearing that Nightcrawler was dead.

"I'm on Jeannie, Elf, listen to me, I'm going to bring you to the Medical Facility. Phoenix will then telepathically heal you," said Wolverine.

At the Med. Lab, Jean started her telepathy enhanced healing. Soon the Phoenix Entity went inside of Kurt's body. There, the Phoenix Entity sent charges through Nightcrawler's heart to start it up again. It did not work. Phoenix then physically pumped it and then charged it.

"Come on Kurt, I won't let another X-Man die because of Health Problems. There, the heart is pumping again. Kurt can you hear me?" asked Jean.

"Katchezen, did I survive?" asked Nightcrawler.

"You sure did Elf, with flying colors. I'm proud of ya Kurt. Welcome back to the X-Men!!" said Wolverine.

"Sir, we are now approaching the X-Mansion. Is there anything you would like before you attack the X-Men?" asked a purple robot.

"No Fernis, all I need is my helmet," said a tall red dark figure. "The X-Men will never know what hit them, and soon Xavier will be no more. This is perfect!" yelled the tall red dark figure.

"Logan, I think I can lace back your adamantium skeleton. The plus is that it won't wipe out your memory, and it won't hurt. The Minus is, well…" explained Jean.

"C'mon Jeannie, it can't be that bad can it?" asked Logan.

"The minus is that your claws will be deformed for about 5 minutes after the skeleton is placed back in. They may come out of different points. I suggest not to use your claws for 5 minutes, and if you must, I'll use my telepathy to make sure that your claws won't come out in the unsecured places," explained Jean.

"What unsecured places?" asked Logan.

"Well you arm might have a claw pop there, or down there. I'm just warning you, there it's just the unnecessary place for a claw to come out, " explained Jean.

"To go with it, if you have pain I'll come and kiss it all away."

"Sure, and I'll take that offer later," said Wolverine.

He stepped into the machine and it started Phase 1, which the machine scanned the specimen. Soon the machine went to Phase 2, and Wolverine didn't even let out a cry of pain. The adamantium was soon placed on him. Soon, it was over. Wolverine came out looking as he was 5 minutes ago.

"Well, it worked…. mmmmm," said Jean.

Wolverine had whisked Jean in his arms, and they kissed.

"Well, isn't this interesting?" asked Cyclops.

"Oh my Cyclops, you're alive? But how is that possible, you and Apocalypse died in my arms. Is it really you, please tell me it is you?" asked Jean, her tears swelled in her eyes.

"Jean it's me. Apocalypse did not entirely take my whole body. When we supposedly died, Apocalypse and I separated and I threw him off a cliff. After that, I went to Canada. I found my Dad trying to look for me. I lost my memory because of Apocalypse, so what I remembered him was as Corsair, leader of the Starjammers. Then I remembered everything. I tried to get back here as quickly as I could, but transportation is horrible these days," explained Cyclops.

"Well welcome back Cyke. It is great to have you back! That kiss, well it was nothing," said Wolverine.

"Don't worry Wolvie, I don't care what happened," said Cyclops.

" Brang Brang Brang, alert, Professor not on planet Earth alert!" yelled Cerebero.

" What happened? He was here a minute ago!" yelled Jean.

"Warp Ring opening, origin, unknown," said Cerebero.

Out of the blue, a teleportation ring opened. Then a person came out of the portal. It was Alex Summers, Havok. Havok came running out of the portal, tired and exhausted.

"Alex, you're alive!" yelled Cyclops.

"Scotty, big-brother, are you a sight for sore eyes. Where's Madeline? She's supposed to be cured," said Havok.

"Alex, what are you talking about? Madeline isn't alive. She was destroyed in the Inferno. Polaris will be so glad to see you!" explained Cyclops.

"Polaris glad to see me? Scott, she is the daughter of Magneto. She doesn't love me," said Havok.

"Alex, lets get you to the Med. Lab. There's something that I need to show you," said Cyclops.

In the Med. Lab, Cerebero took a look into Havok's mind.

"Oh my god, it can't be!" said Cyclops.

"Scott what is it?" asked Jean.

"Alex, well, when he died, he was sent through a portal, and landed in the body of Havok, leader of the Six. In that time, Earth was corrupted. He died there and soon he was being hurled through the Time Space Continuum. He later found a way back here, but all he remembers is what happened there. He remembers a little bit before he left, but not much else. He remembers that he's married to this Madeline and forgot about his love with Lorna…how could he?" sobbed Cyclops.

"Oh Scott. He'll be all right. We'll put him in Cerebero's mind shock, and he'll remember everything that has been going on for the last 2 years when he wasn't here," said Jean.

In Cerebero, Havok was connected with the Silver Helmet.

"Now Havok, this may hurt a tad. I will be with you all the way and start explaining to you what happened. Are you ready?" asked Jean.

"Yes," said Havok.

"Here we go. Cerebero, activate Mind Shock sequence, start in 1999," said Jean.

Soon many pictures flared in the mind of Alex Summers, all telling him about what had happen over the years he was gone. The sequence was soon over and Alex remembered all that he had forgotten over the 2-year absence.

"Alex now you know all the things that you missed while you were in that separate time. Welcome back," said Jean.

"I guess Lorna will never love me again, because she now works with Magneto," said Alex.

"No, she will always love you no matter what. When you died, she was devastated. She'll be over soon. She's coming back to the team," explained Jean.

"All right, I guess I'm an X-Man again," said Alex.

"Where am I, where's Jean?" thought Xavier.

"Welcome Charles, to the fold!" exclaimed Magneto.

"Erik, why, what do you want? What will you accomplish by capturing me?" asked Xavier.

"I did this to teach you a lesson. You're an idiot when it comes to this. You see Charles; I am going too kill the X-Men. Storm was right to leave, she left in the nick of time. She and the others will not be in their graves like those will soon be," explained Magneto.

"No, No, No, No, I won't let you do this! I've already lost Kelly and Moira, I'm not going to loose my students to the likes of evil!!!!" yelled Xavier.

"Well Charles, you're one of those people that try to help as much as they can. Hate to break it to you, but your time is up. I am going to kill you Xavier. When I'm done with you, your pupils are next!" explained Magneto.

Xavier didn't want to hurt Magneto, but Magneto was out for blood. Xavier used a Psi-Blast, and Magneto was knocked unconscious. Xavier then used a telekinetic shield and was soon transported out of Magneto's ship, and back to the X-Mansion.

"Kurt, Alex, Warren, Scott, Logan; I would like to welcome back Miss Magnetism herself, Lorna Dane!" yelled Jean.

A green haired beauty then stepped out of an Avengers Quinjet. She closed the door with her magnetic powers.

"Lorna, your back!" yelled Havok.

"Alex, my love, you're alive," said Lorna.

"True love at last, like us, right Scott?" asked Jean.

Cyclops just stared at the two lovebirds, wishing that he were in love with Jean that way too. For some reason, his feelings had left him. He had always loved Jean, and now they had died in the ashes with Apocalypse. Jean had sense his thoughts, and knew that it was over when he came back. She had a feeling this might happen.

Suddenly the door burst open and Prof. Xavier came flying in.

"X-Men you must run now, Magneto is coming, and he intends to," yelled the Professor, soon collapsing on the floor of the X-Mansion.

"Magneto near us! Suit up people we have a mission to complete. Mansion Defense Systems on! Go to Code Red!" yelled Scott.

All of a sudden, the mansion started to shake. Lamps, fans, and metal equipment were being thrown to the walls. Soon the roof opened and Magneto flew right in.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the X-Men, ready to fight the oncoming slaughter? You! You selfish ingrate, you scumbag!!! You betrayed me, Polaris!!" yelled Magneto.

"You wanted to destroy the world, I didn't want to do it. It's your fault that I'm not partners with you anymore," said Polaris.

"I really hate to say this, but all of you will die. Then I can conquer the world and never worry about the X-Men!!" laughed Magneto.

Cyclops soon fired an optic blast, but Magneto repelled it right back to him knocking him out. Jean and Polaris tag-teamed but Magneto threw them to the Mansion wall, making them unconscious. Wolverine lunged at Magneto, but since the adamantium was placed in his body, he was thrown out of the building and onto the grass. Havok and Angel charged at Magneto, but he stopped them and made each other collide, and stopping their attacks. Soon everyone was knocked out. Nightcrawler tried, but his last Cardiac Arrest made him weak. Soon he collapsed because of exhaustion.

"Now I have beaten the X-Men, and soon the entire human race will fall at my feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" yelled Magneto.