Fate/Stay Night Fan Fiction ❯ The New Guy ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

sDisclaimer: I do not own Fate/Stay Night.
 
A/N: This chapter is actually written on a whim. I was reading other fics and when I was too tired to finish reading one, an idea struck me. So I guess, this is it :)
 
Italics - their thoughts
 
The New Guy
 
By ChoppingBoard
 
Chapter 2
 
 
Rin finally arrived at her secret lunch spot, under a tree beside the gym. No one goes to the gym during lunch time. In fact, nobody ever goes to that part of the school at that time. Every noon, she had the back of the schoolyard to herself.
 
Her appetite wasn't much that's why she only grabbed a sandwich as her lunch.
 
The serene surrounding was interrupted much to her dismay. She looked up to face the familiar figure in front of her.
 
Archer had his arms folded and wore a grin.
 
“What do you want?”. She was halfway finishing her sandwich but suddenly not felt like eating.
 
“Still what I asked you a few minutes ago.” He replied as a matter-of-factly.
 
My name. She congratulated herself for doing a good job at ignoring the request of the person before her.
 
“So?”. He stood still from his position.
 
“I really don't get the point as to why I should give it to you.” She said as she carefully slid the sandwich back to its packaging. She slowly stood up. Their faces a few inches apart.
 
“And I still don't get why you won't give it to me.” He still kept his intent gaze on her.
 
Silence enveloped the two and a soft breeze made several strands of Rin's hair astray on her face.
 
“Let's make a deal.” He brushed the strands of her hair to the side. I have to know your name no matter what.
 
“I don't think I'll be needing anything from you, thank you very much.”
 
It seemed that either side didn't want to give the title of king or queen of stares anytime soon.
 
“I'll give you a kiss if you give me your name.”. Feeling so sure that this would work, he gave her a smirk. Now let's try you counter this.
 
Rin gave him a quizzical look and furrowed her eyebrows. This is insane. He's totally an ARROGANT BASTARD. “Excuse me?”
 
“I said I will give you the honor of kissing me if you grace me with your name.”
 
Still keeping her polite façade, she stifled her laugh. “Why would I be interested in brushing my lips with yours?”. Nevertheless, curiosity forced her to glance at his lips. “If that's the case, I don't think I'll ever tell you my name.”
 
Archer scowled. His charms weren't really helping. There he was standing across a girl whose interest on him was below sea level. She even seemed to be enjoying his misery. An idea then struck him.
 
In a split second, he grabbed her shoulders and immediately closed the gap between their lips.
 
He didn't date deepen the kiss and just did it to get back at her. He slowly opened his eyes to an awe-stricken Rin.
 
What the hell did he just do?! Rin wasn't really sure how she should feel. She was angry, confused…….. whatever! She wasn't used to this kind of contact. Her share of intimate gestures was only that from his father.
 
Oh boy! Here goes nothing. “I didn't say I won't kiss you even if you refuse to tell your name.”
 
That's it! He one arrogant @&*$^*)! I can't even describe it! She slapped him on the face. “You pervert!” You're gonna pay for this Mr. Oh-so-arrogant! You stole my first kiss! She fought the tears that were about to come out of her sockets.
 
No. I'm not going to cry. Nothing's gonna change by crying. He might even laugh at me. It's just a kiss Rin. And there's no way I'll let him get away with it. She still can't control the burst of emotions she was feeling at that moment.
 
Archer just stood there. He somewhat was expecting that. Errr.. not somewhat. He knew he would elicit that response from her. But what came next was a total surprise.
 
Rin grinned.
 
He wasn't sure how to feel now. She slapped him but she smiled? What did you just do Archer?
 
Oh yeah you're gonna pay. She laughed evilly inside. “I might as well tell you now………………………….. Mika. See you in class!” Oh yeah, you're gonna pay for this! She now walked away from him as the school bell rang.
 
Now it was Archer's turn to feel a stir of emotions. Wow! My charms do have an effect. He etched the name Mika in his mind. He just stared at her walking form. But, he felt a pang inside him.
 
 
 
…………..to be concluded XD
 
A/N: :)