Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ A Collection of Yuffie ❯ Stay By Your Side YuffieCloud ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Stay By Your Side
Fandom: Kingdom Hearts
Characters: Yuffie, Cloud
Prompt: Blue
Word Count: 525
Rating: G
Summary: He came back and he wasn't in love with either of them.
Author's Notes: I do not own Kingdom Hearts, this is slightly fluffy. This is a dedication fic to Fishionista, who was my first review (and asked for Clouffie)
 
Yuffie had stared at the man in shock. How else would she look at him after he professed to being in love with neither Tifa nor Aerith? Something must have not been screwed in right in his head. After all, he had gone through so much for Aerith. He went through so much only to discover he was not in love with either of the two girls who chased after his heart. Instead, he told Aerith, he was in love with someone else, someone he wanted to work for. Of course, without meaning to, Aerith told everyone what he had said, and it was shocking he had even said anything about it to her. He had been a bit different since he had defeated Sephiroth.
Squall didn't seem surprised at all about this announcement. It was almost as if he had expected this would happen. Cid swore some about him leading on girls, but other than that he also seemed to expect it. Aerith and Tifa's reactions surprised her some. Aerith lived on; she acted like nothing had happened. Tifa went around beating things up. Well, maybe that wasn't surprising, but the fact that she sat down and stated, “I give up,” was. Distantly she wondered who Cloud was in love with. Everyone else seemed to know. Deep down she wished it was her. He was actually really cool; when she was younger she thought he was a bonehead who couldn't talk right (he didn't talk at all).
Although he was still distance, when they trained together he would teach her cool new moves and, on an extremely good day, he would tell her stories about his adventures throughout the universe. But, that was rarely, extremely rarely. In return, she would tell him stories about her own adventures. He didn't seem to like the one about the one time she had to share a bed with Squall because a heartless blew up her room, along with half the hotel. He also had great gravity-defying hair that somehow managed to still look soft (she expected he used a lot of hair gel). And his eyes…those were what attracted her most. The rich blue color seemed to swallow her whole in their depths. The occasional flicker of true emotion added to his mystery…
At that moment, the before mentioned man was walking down the hall towards the door, “Hey Cloudy,” she greeted cheerfully, taking a good long look into his eyes, “Where are you going?”
He gave her a long, hard look, “I'm going to prove myself worthy of…love.”
“The girl you're in love with?”
“Yes,” he said, betraying he was slightly surprised.
“You know,” Yuffie continued, grinning although inside she wanted to scream, she didn't want him to leave, “You would probably prove your love better by staying by her side always, and keeping her by your side.”
There was a slight cover of silence and Yuffie was afraid he wasn't taking her seriously. He turned around and started walking in the opposite direction, towards the kitchen, “Meet me tomorrow for training,” he called over his shoulder, “I want you to be by my side. Always.”