Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ A Tale of Two...and Darkness ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alrighty now…the next chapter!! hope you like it so far. I know I do.
 
Usual disclaimers here.
 
MAJOR SPOILER HERE!!!! FFX SPOILER!!!!
 
Now that that's over with…ON WITH THE SHOW!!!
 
 
Chapter 4: A tale of two…and Darkness
 
The moment Yugi entered the museum, he felt a strange tickle at the back of his neck…something was here…Whoever was trying to get his attention had succeeded.
 
Maybe now he would figure out what or who was trying to talk to him.
 
The humming man had disappeared into a wing which housed the new exhibit. Yugi looked up… “Spira: the forgotten history” was the title of the exhibit.
 
Yugi let the breath out he didn't know he was holding. “Well…whoever you are…I'm here…” He headed toward the new exhibit. “Now…tell me what you want from me…”
 
Many artifacts glowed under the lights of their glass cages…most were rotted and old due to being under the seas for so long. Yugi frowned…was this what he was supposed to see? What in the world was going on?
 
He noticed that only one other person was in the exhibit with him…it wasn't the humming man…he seemed to have disappeared…this one was a woman, who was staring at an unused case in the center of the wing. The case was long and had a soft blue bottom.
 
“This is where they are going to put it.” The woman said which made Yugi jump. How did she know he was here!? The woman turned to him…her long brown hair was braided and her sad green eyes matched the sad smile on her lips. She wore the simplest of clothing…a long dress made of jean and slip on shoes.
 
“Who…are you?” Yugi asked her.
 
The woman once again turned to the case. “You've been called haven't you? By them…”
 
Yugi's eyes widened…he went to the woman.
 
“Please…tell me what's going on!!” His eyes started to water. “I don't think I can manage another bad dream…”
 
The woman enveloped him in her arms. “Shh…it's alright.” She led him to a bench and the two sat down. “Let me tell you a story…that has been passed down through the ages.”
 
Yugi dried his eyes and looked toward the woman. “A story?”
 
The woman nodded. “Yes…” She stared straight ahead and began her tale…
 
“Long ago, the world was called Spira…and long ago, Spira was constantly being attacked by an evil being known as Sin. This being was the gods' way of punishing the earth and its inhabitants for their greed and misuse of the planet they were given. Every ten years Sin would come and destroy…and every ten years it would be defeated…it was a never ending cycle of death and rebirth…until HE came…”
 
“His name was Tidus…and he claimed to come from a place called Zanarkand…but that could not have been true…for Zanarkand was a dead, holy city…only the chosen were permitted on that soil…for it was the first city that Sin destroyed…and it is the last city before the battle with Sin.”
 
“Tidus was discovered by a man named Wakka…who in turn introduced him to a woman name…Yuna…” The woman sighed. “That is who the staff belonged to…High Summoner Yuna.” She stared at him for a moment. “Back then, summoners were the saviors of the world…every ten years, they would embark on a journey that strengthened them…all in order to destroy Sin and bring the Calm. When Tidus joined Yuna's party, it all seemed natural to just ignore the obvious…only Yuna knew he was special…”
 
“They fell in love those two…Tidus and Yuna…and when Tidus discovered the true nature of a summoner's quest…he vowed to destroy Sin once and for all…for you see…in order to destroy Sin…a sacrifice must be made…”
 
Yugi's eyes widened. “Yuna…”
 
The woman nodded. “Yes…Yuna was to die…it was the fate for all summoners. In the end, when her party journeyed to Sin, they destroyed it…But this time…it was Tidus who had to leave.”
 
“Why…why him?” Yugi asked.
 
“Because Tidus was merely a dream…A dream of the Fayth…and once Sin was completely destroyed, never to come again, the Fayth would forever rest…and when the Fayth rest, their dream disappears…forever…”
 
Yugi stared at the woman. “I…don't get it…Are these…Fayth…the ones that are giving me the dreams? And what's a Summoner? And…how do you know all of this?”
The woman smiled. “Because…I just know…” She stood and handed him a card. “Take this…and call me the moment they speak to you again…And I will introduce you to her…” The woman started to leave.
 
Yugi raced after her. “Wait! What are you talking about? Who is `her'!? And what is this really all about? Please tell me!!!”
 
The woman smiled again…this one was not sad…. it was more of hope and compassion.
 
“The descendant of High Summoner Yuna, of course…” The woman walked away. “Your journey, guardian…is about to begin…be ready…”
 
Yugi watched the woman leave and fell to the floor in shock. Guardian…? That was the same thing the boy called him…Was this…Sin…trying to come back? No! It can't…it can't…
 
Yugi decided then and there that he seriously needed to talk to his darkness. Something was seriously going on…and if these Fayth were the ones that were sending him the strange images…then they were trying to tell him something.
 
He started to head out of the exhibit when he paused…He had stepped upon something. He looked down and removed his foot to find an old leather bound book. The cover was nearly torn from its spine and the pages were completely yellow and worn. Yugi gently picked up the book. Did the woman dropped this? It looked like the book would disintegrate at any moment. Curiously he opened the cover…
 
The diary of Tidus.
 
Yugi almost dropped the book. It couldn't be! This book shouldn't even BE here if was THE diary of….! He shook his head when he noticed a small print…this had been rewritten by someone…Shrugging he flipped over the first page…on the first written page was a simple line…
 
Listen to my story…this may be our last chance.
 
<Y…Yami…> He called through the link.
 
<Yes? Are you heading home now?> The Pharaoh replied.
 
<Yes…> Yugi replied as he began to read the worn out book. <And I'm ready to talk…>
 
 
 
This world looked fascinating to him…it seemed that every building towered to the heavens…and what clothes these mortals wear…very strange.
 
Blending in would be the best for him to do and as such he…borrowed an unfortunate man's clothing…It wouldn't matter anyway…the world would be joining him soon.
 
He walked the streets now, unnoticed by all…He looked at each individual…none had the potential…he had to find ONE…just one…
 
A bunch of giggling girls were walking out of a shop which was called “ice cream”…His lips curled up into a smirk as he spied one of the girls…she would do…for now…at least until he found HER…the TRUE one…there was only one…Yuna was the last…he simply needed to find the next…Then he would become what he so wanted to be…
 
Sin…
 
 
Next time: A call to arms.