Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ Whistling songs… ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, yeah I know it's the 3rd chapter and not much is going on but like I said, I like easing into stories. Don't worry, I'll get to the plot soon I promise!
 
Oh yeah…I don't have a grudge against Anzu…I just need her to be like she is in my fic for later purposes and I downsized Jonouchi's name to “Jou”. It's easier that way.
 
Usual disclaimers go here…
 
WARNING: There might be a small spoiler in this one…after this chapter, there will be no YUGIO spoilers…the rest will contain FFX and a little FFX-2. So if you haven't played both games and saw the endings…I wouldn't read the chapters after this one.
 
 
Chapter 3: Whistling songs…
 
Yugi sighed, He didn't really want to talk about dreams…Dreams were scary these days for him…and he didn't like to see Yami worry about it…dismissing it seemed the best option, he could forget them…which was what he wanted to do in the first place.
 
The dreams were creepy…he could still feel the ice cold water running up to his ankles…and the darkness…then that laugh…And all that horrible screaming.
 
No one would want to relieve that…
 
Each dream was different though, but each dream seemed to get worse and worse by the day. The last one he had dealt with was of a dead city…he guessed it was the ruins of the city in his first dream…just the mere though of seeing that cold, dead place and feeling the cold air around him made his skin crawl.
 
“Hey Yug!” a familiar shout disrupted his thoughts…a mop of blonde hair was racing toward him.
 
“Hey Jou!” Yugi greeted with a smile. “How is Kaiba?”
 
Jou grinned. “Sleeping like he had a hell of a night…if ya get my drift…”
 
Yugi blushed then laughed at his best friend. The rest of the gang seemed to grow out of Domino…Duke had gone back to his company, leaving very little time to talk with friends, and the last time Yugi heard, Ryou had gone back to England with Bakura. He was glad that he and Jou managed to get the same High School…Honda was here too, but in another class. But the shocker between them all…was when a certain couple had been announced…
 
Yep, a certain mutt and a certain CEO had become a couple. No one really knew how it happened, Jou just walked in one day with a big grin on his face and said, “Kaiba's MINE.” Ever since then, the two were mostly inseparable.
 
Kaiba had decided to home school himself and Mokuba…the Kaiba Scare gene they all called it. Kaiba didn't want anymore kidnappings happening to his little brother…that and he didn't want to hear anymore of the `stupid mystical' stuff Yugi and his friends talk about every day. Yugi sighed…when was Kaiba going to understand that everything was real? He guessed never...
 
“So is Yami getting ya a graduation present?” Jou asked him.
 
Yugi pouted. “If he is…he hasn't told me about it…”
 
“Aw I'm sure that ol' guy is gonna get ya something special…” Jou grinned. “I betcha two snicker bars it's gonna involve the bed.”
 
Yugi blushed crimson then glared at his friend. “Jou! What we do there is none of your business!!” Jou laughed. “It isn't funny Jou.”
 
“Hey you guys! Hurry it up already!” Tristan poked his head into the room. “You know WHO is gonna find us if we don't hurry it up!” The said boys walked out of their classroom.
 
“GUYS!!!”
 
Honda groaned. “Too late…”
 
Yugi sweatdropped as Anzu raced over. From the lot of them, Anzu had changed in a dramatic sense…she started to hang out with the popular crowd and started to dislike the relationships that were happening within their group…particularly the one that involved Yugi and Yami. Everyone knew she had a crush on Yami…when he won the ritual duel, she practically glomped him! The Pharaoh had pulled her off and walked over to Yugi…since then Yami and Yugi have been a couple…which didn't please Anzu at all.
 
“Hey guys!” Anzu smiled, but they new it was fake. “Is Yami going to pick you up today?”
 
“Uh…no.” Yugi replied.
 
“Take a hike Anzu…” Jou said. “How many times does he gotta tell ya?”
 
Anzu scrunched up her nose in disgust. “Go away…” She smiled at Yugi. “I'm talking to Yugi…”
 
“Don't talk like that to Jou!” Honda said. “Get out of here before I hit you!”
 
“Fine…” Anzu flounced away. “Oh yeah! Yugi! Tell Yami I'll call him tonight!”
 
“Uh…” Yugi simply said as Anzu walked away.
 
“Yug! You should'a said something!” Jou shouted.
 
“I know but…I can't help it!” Yugi frowned. “She used to be a good friend…”
 
Honda patted the small boy's shoulder. “I know buddy…”
 
“Hey I know what'll cheer ya up…” Jou grinned. “Why don't we get a bite ta eat?”
 
Yugi shook his head. “Sorry guys, but I really need to get home…”
 
“Oh oh…” Honda smirked. “You and Yami have a date or something?”
 
“Well…uh…no not really…” Yugi replied with a small blush. “I'll talk to you guys later…”
 
The three bid their farewells and Yugi headed home…all the while Yugi kept thinking…He didn't really want to go home and talk about the dreaded dreams…but it seemed he had no choice…He sighed…it was going to happen sooner or later…
 
His head snapped up…what was that…humming sound? Time seemed to stand still as a man walked past him, humming a soft melody. The melody seemed to sooth Yugi's spirit…
 
“That…song…” Yugi felt his feet following the humming man…there was something about that song…it felt as if…the song were calling him…He continued to walk, not knowing where he was going…the song seemed to have had a hold on him…but it wasn't an evil hand…it was…comforting…sort of like Yami…
 
Yugi blinked his eyes and shook his head. What…had happened to him? The last thing he remembered was the humming man…He looked around and became confused as he stared at a towering mass before him…A familiar pillar building…
 
“What…the museum?” He said aloud. “What…happened?”
 
“Follow our song…” Yugi jumped and turned around…the boy from his dream stood there before him… “Follow it…and it will guide you to us…” The man from before literary walked through the boy and headed into the museum, humming the strange tune.
 
<…Yami?>
 
<Yes Aibou?>
 
<I'm…uh…going to be a little late…>
 
<Why?>
 
<I…uh…need to stop somewhere for a bit…I'll be home soon.>
 
He felt a deafening silence through the link.
 
<Alright, Aibou…alright…>
 
 
In the darkness…the other eye opened…both eyes looked around, seeing nothing but the darkness. A hand rose and the eyes looked at it…The smirk widened…soon…soon he would be free…and soon…he would destroy…
 
 
 
Alrighty! We're getting somewhere now! Soon the REAL fun begins…R&R!
 
Next time: Yugi goes into the museum…there he meets a woman who tells him a story…And the shadows enter the world of the living…