Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ Yami's Encounter ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright! The next chapter! And it's a good length! :D And I FINALLY came up with a name! Just so you know guys, this takes place after the series ends. I'm trying to keep spoilers out so I won't say anything about it, just in case you guys out there don't want to know what happens.
 
Disclaimers: Don't own Yugioh or FFX-X2
 
 
 
Chapter 2 Yami's encounter
 
Somewhere unknown to man…in the darkest of places, a strange, cold eye slowly opens. A pair of sinister lips curl up into a smirk…
 
Soon…
 
 
The dreams kept coming to his light, but his light never spoke of them. It made Yami angry…not at his light, but at the one who caused such nightmares to occur within the dreams of his hikari. It had been at least a week now since the first one…and every night he would wake up to a screaming, terrified Yugi Motou. Yami sighed as he watched his Aibou leave through the front door as always, ready and willing to go to school. Though his steps seemed slower now…because of the harsh nightmares.
 
“I'll be gone for the day Yami!” Ji-chan's voice disrupted Yami's thoughts. “There's a new shipment of cards coming in today, be sure to get them and put them out.”
 
“I will, ji-chan.” Yami replied as he opened the shop. The day seemed bright and cheery, not unusual in April. It made Yami remember that he had a graduation gift to buy for his Aibou…the boy was graduating High School and would be going to college in a year…it made Yami's heart swell with pride knowing that his Aibou was going to college…Though he wished to be the “bread bringer” as they called it, Yugi insisted he would do it. It told Yami that Yugi wanted to protect him for a change instead of the other way around…but in the bedroom Yami would ALWAYS be the dominate figure…Yami made sure of that.
 
He went to the resister, turned it on and waited behind the desk, his Aibou's dreams coming back to his wandering mind. What could have scared Yugi so much to make him wake with absolute fear? Yami glared at the air. It had better not be any more Marik or Dartz wannabes…or they would pay dearly…for with the memories of the Pharaoh, came the power as well…and Yami would surely use it in a heartbeat to save his loved one from any evil that tried to touch him.
 
He let the thoughts of the past few nights leave him and he turned on the TV. It wouldn't be good to sit there and dwell on it all day, Yugi would kill him. Besides, it was time for the news anyway…
 
The anchor-woman talked about nothing in particular…seemed it was a good day for anything! No crimes, no deaths…just a good, peaceful day.
 
“And in other news…Another exhibit has been added to the Domino Museum of history. The director of the museum has said that this one will be a permanent exhibit, thanks to the persuasion of Mr. Angel Katamari, the owner of the artifacts. Mr. Katamari states that some of the artifacts will not be shown due to scientific research. The artifacts were found by Mr. Katamari and his team of oceanographers and archeologists while on an expedition in the Pacific Ocean.”
 
Probably artifacts of Atlantis, Yami thought. He remembered all too clearly how Atlantis rose up from the sea then went back down after the fight with Dartz…he expected someone would find something…
 
“The most intriguing of the artifacts is a staff which seems to be in perfect condition...it is one of the artifacts that scientists are studying and will be placed within the exhibit in two weeks.”
 
“A staff?” Yami said aloud then scratched his chin in thought. “I don't remember such…” He shook his head. It didn't matter…Dartz was gone, that was all he needed to know.
 
The bell sounded, telling Yami that a costumer had just walked in. Yami turned his attention away from the news to greet the customer…
 
Only to find nothing.
 
Yami blinked in confusion then stood…it was probably a kid…
 
“Hello?” He walked away from the desk and found a small boy staring at cards. The boy simply stood there as if immobile…he didn't pick up anything, just simply stood there with his back to Yami. “Do you need help?”
 
“Yes…” the boy replied. “We need help…”
 
Yami stared at the boy in confusion…did he just say… `we'?
 
The boy turned to him and Yami noticed that the boy's eyes were dull and lifeless, almost as if he were being controlled by another. Yami knew this magic all too well…
 
“You are not this boy.” Yami glared. “Release him at once, spirit!”
 
The spirit simply stared at him through the boy's eyes. “It awakens.” It said. “Help us…and we will help you…”
 
Yami stared at the spirit. “What do you mean `it'? Who are you?”
 
“Dream…” The spirit said before the boy blinked, revealing blue eyes.
 
“Oh wow!!! You're the king of games!!!” The boy shouted then looked around. “What am I doing here?”
 
Moments later, Yami stared blankly as the child raced out of the game shop, happy to receive the king of games' autograph.
 
“What…just happened?” Yami said to himself. “Dream…?” what did it mean? Could he mean Yugi's dream? That seemed to be the only explanation…
 
<Aibou?> He called through the link.
 
<….>
 
<Aibou…when you get home…we need to talk…>
 
Confusion. <About what Yami?>
 
<About Dreams.>
 
 
Alrighty then! Have I gotten ya confused yet? Don't worry this is just to get things going, like a starter. I like to ease into stories…it makes it much more fun to write a read . R&R! Other chapters coming soon!