Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ A Farewell and A Limo Ride ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay I am SO SORRY I missed last week…I was studying for exams. I really hate those dang things, but it's okay now cause I am on SPRING BREAK!!!!! I'll try to get the next three chapters in during this week. I personally think that chapters 6-8 are a little boring but they need to be there so the scene can be set. I've already written the up to chapter 12 and it's AWESOME!!! At least I think so. This is just setting the mood stuff so sorry there isn't any action yet. There will be soon though I promise!
 
Disclaimers: I don't own anything but the clothes on my back and this story.
 
Chapter 6: A farewell and a limo ride
 
Marik couldn't, wouldn't believe it…he was supposed to be a guardian again? Why him? Why him of all people!? He shook his head…he wasn't worthy for such a task…He stared at the brown haired girl with the different colored eyes. She looked so confused yet Marik could see something in those eyes…He couldn't put his finger on it though…Realizing he was staring at his new charge, he blushed and turned away.
 
“WHAT!?” Bakura shouted. “Are you freaking tell me that we have to protect THAT wimp!?” He pointed to Yunalesca.
 
Rikku smiled. “You'd be surprised…Yunalesca here can do many things…”
 
“Auntie Rikku…” Yunalesca said. “I…I don't understand…”
 
Auntie Rikku knelt to the girl. “Yunie…there are going to be some big things happening…I want you to listen to these guys okay? Trust them as you would trust me, got it?”
 
Yunalesca nodded. “O…okay Auntie.”
 
“Good….” Rikku kissed Yunalesca's forehead. “I have to leave now…”
 
“What!? You can't!!” Yunalesca shouted.
 
“Yunie…Listen to me…” Rikku stared at the girl. “He'll find me faster than he finds you. Besides…Our family has been waiting for this day for many years…” She smiled. “The first girl in the line…I'm glad I got to take care of you…” She turned to the guys around them. “Go to the museum…Beware of fiends…get her to the exhibit…Another member of the Gullwings will be there to guide you the rest of the way. Don't trust anyone that does not have the symbol of the gull tattooed on their arm.”
 
“Why can't YOU do that?” Bakura glared.
 
“Because it's not my job.” Rikku replied. “I protect her until a certain point…now I leave her to you. Do not let her die.”
 
The house began to shake causing everyone to fall to the floor.
 
“What the hell was that!?” Bakura glared.
 
“Oh no…he's already starting…” Rikku gasped.
 
“Who…who is this guy, Rikku?” Yugi asked.
 
Rikku turned to Yugi. “I dare not speak his name or he will listen.” She pulled off her cape. Underneath she wore black pants and a black shirt. “Listen to me now…you must leave before things get worse than they already are.”
 
“Why should we listen to you?” Honda asked.
 
The woman stared at him for a moment then grabbed the door knob. “Because of this…” She opened the door…outside there was screaming, both human and something else. People started to race from the city as the rain continued to pour down.
 
“Monsters! Monsters!” Someone screamed.
 
“Aw…not again!!!” Honda groaned as he slapped his forehead. “Man…I thought we were through with this monster stuff…”
 
“Apparently we aren't.” Yami replied.
 
“If you wish for this to stop…then get her to the museum…and fast.” With that she disappeared into the rain.
 
“Rikku! No!!!” Yunie started to go after her but Ji-chan stopped her. “Stop let me go!”
 
“It's dangerous out there!” Ji-chan told her.
Yunie tried to struggle within his grasp…her tears fell freely down her cheeks. “I don't care! Let me go!!! Please!!!” She stopped her struggling and continued to cry. “She…She's all I have left…”
 
“We've got to stop this Yami…” Yugi said.
 
Yami nodded. “Agreed.” Then turned to the entire group. “Somehow, we've all be chosen to escort this young girl to her own destiny.” He glared at Bakura. “Although I am still wondering how the hell YOU got chosen, tomb robber.”
“Stuff it Pharaoh.” Bakura glared. “Look all we have to do is go to that blasted museum, well then let's go dammit!”
 
“The museum's pretty far away…” Yugi frowned.
 
Jou grinned. “Don'tcha worry.” He pulled out a cell phone. “I'll call Kaiba. He'll get us there in no time.”
 
Very soon, they found themselves in a stretch limo. Jou tried to explain to Kaiba what was going on while everyone else kept quiet. Marik was given the seat next to Yunalesca, who did nothing but look out the window. He felt sorry for her…her entire life changed in a matter of seconds. Much like his did long ago. He missed those days, even if they were underground. Those were the days when he was innocent just like everyone around him at the moment. He longed to be like them…with so much self-esteem that it hit everyone…well everyone except him.
 
“Um…Yunalesca?” Yugi asked, breaking the silent air around them.
 
“Yunie…” she replied.
 
“Right…Yunie…I'm sure Rikku's fine.” Yugi smiled.
 
She looked at each of them with confused eyes.“Who…are you people anyway?”
 
“Oh yeah! I'm Yugi, this is Yami…over there is Ryou and Bakura…then there's Jou, Honda, Kaiba and Marik.”
 
“You all…are…supposed to be my guardians?” She asked.
 
“I'm nobody's guardian, got it wench?” Bakura glared.
 
“Bakura!!!” Ryou hit him over the head. “Sorry Yunie…he has a bad attitude…”
 
“It…its okay I guess…” She sighed, a bit of her hair fell into her eyes. She pushed it back. “You do realize that…once I've become a summoner…”
 
“We know…” Yami replied. “But as others who have come before us, we will make sure that doesn't happen.”
 
“Yeah!” Yugi said with a smile. “With us as your guardians, we'll kick butt…WITHOUT a sacrifice…”
 
Yunie smiled. “Thanks…I guess.”
 
“WHAT!? Whatda mean you won't let me!?” Jou shout caused everyone to stare at the couple. Jou looked extremely mad while Kaiba sat there coolly with his arms crossed.
 
“This is stupid, mutt…” Kaiba replied. “Just more crap…I'm sure there is a logical—“
“Dat's just it Seito…there isn't.” Jou replied. “Look, I ain't too keen on what's going on here either, but I do know dat some Fayth guy wants me ta protect her.” Jou pointed to Yunie. “And if dat gets everything back to da way it was deen so be it.”
 
“I'm not going to lose you just because some idiot girl can't protect herself.” Kaiba replied with a glare towards Yunie. Yunie curled up into a ball at Kaiba's statement and his glare.
 
“Maybe Summoner's aren't supposed to fight, Kaiba…” Jou sighed. “look…I'm doing dis whether you like it or not.”
 
“I can't believe you are even buying into this crap, mutt…” Kaiba said then sighed. “Fine…but if you're in this then so am I.”
 
“I don't know Seito…I think ya have ta be chosen or somethin'…”
 
“They contacted you…didn't they?” All turned to Yunie.
 
Kaiba became silent. “I'm not doing this to protect YOU…I'm doing this to keep the mutt out of trouble, got it?” The limo stopped. “We're here.”
 
 
Please review! I can't make this story great without your help! This is a tough crossover pairing and I want it to be great so give me some feedback! Constructive criticism is the best criticism an author can get!
 
 
Next time: A summoner is born