Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ Weapons and a Summoner ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright this chapter isn't good, I plan to revise it soon but I wanted to get it out so you guys can give feedback. There will be no more spoilers…at least none that I know of. We're getting close to the journey you guys…hope you like it so far! And please give me some feedback! Plwease with sugar on top?
 
Disclaimers: I own nothing but this story, the original character, and the cloths on my back.
 
Chapter 7: Weapons…and a summoner.
 
They hurried into the museum…Everyone else had ran away, leaving the group alone. The rain had gotten worse and was nearly flooding the city now. Most of their clothing was drenched and needed to be wrung out before anything else could be done.
 
“Damn rain…” Bakura muttered.
 
“Well…we're here now…what do we do?” Honda asked.
 
Footsteps could be heard throughout the silent museum…A lone figure appeared at the mouth of the new exhibit.
 
“I didn't think you would make it.” The figure pulled off her hood to reveal a woman with black hair and bright red eyes. “My name is Pain…This way.” She went into the new exhibit.
 
The group hesitantly followed Pain into the exhibit, passing by artifacts that were uninteresting at that time.
 
“Can you PLEASE tell us all that's happening?” Honda asked and Pain stopped. She turned to them all.
 
“I'm sure your friend has told you what has happened…well think of Spira coming back all over again. According to our information, the monster that is doing all of this managed to escape his prison in the Fareplane and wishes to complete his goal of destroying the world.”
 
“Alright, we got dat cleared up, now what's with dis Gullwing stuff?”
 
“After Sin had gone, people known as sphere hunters began to pop up everywhere. Spheres are what held the history of Spira. The Gullwings were sphere hunters long ago…Yuna was one of them…and when they saved the world once again…the world seemed peaceful for a time. But somehow, Yuna knew it wouldn't last. She asked the Gullwings to go to the temples and protect the Aeons inside…even though they were destroyed, she somehow knew they needed to be protected. As she grew older, she became wiser…She told Rikku and Paine, her close female friends, that the Fayth spoke to her.”
 
“What did they say?” Yugi asked.
 
“They said that because Tidus came back…Seymour Guado could come back as well.”
 
“Hey! I remember ya talking about that Seymour guy, Yugi…wasn't he some wacko or somethin'?” Joey asked.
 
“He's the one we're going to face?” Yugi's eyes became wide.
 
“Yes….He is the one who is causing all of this mayhem.” Pain replied. He wishes to become Sine and the only way to become Sin…Is to have a Summoner turn you into the final Aeon…” Pain said.
 
“Oh I get it! He wants Yunie!” Yugi exclaimed.
 
“Uh…duh stupid.” Bakura said.
 
Yami glared. “Don't mock my light, tomb robber.”
 
“Fuck you, Pharaoh…then again, nevermind…no one in their right mind would.” Bakura smirked.
 
“Please! You promised no fighting!” Yugi glared.
 
“He started it.”
 
Pain smirked. “This is going to be interesting…” She continued on her way and everyone followed. Finally, she stopped in a dead end where many covered cases were spread out. She pulled off each of the covers to reveal different weapons; this got the tomb robber grinning like a mad-man.
 
“Whoa…we get one of dem!?” Jou shouted.
 
“Well…yes…” Pain said.
 
“I still don't get it…why us?” Marik asked.
 
Paine stared at them again. “Apparently, the Fayth have been watching you all for a time. They must feel that you are the only ones who can protect the summoner. We Gullwings, having been contacted ourselves by the Fayth, were told to see that all of you survive for this moment. It's a great honor to be a guardian of a summoner…particularly the descendent of Yuna.”
 
“Wow…” Ryou said.
 
“Then…how do you know about us? Did the fayth tell you about us?” Yami asked.
 
Pain nodded. “Call it a prophecy of sorts.” Pain smiled at Yunalesca. “When you were born, everyone was told of it…we began to prepare the way…Rikku was to keep you safe…while the Aeons taught you what you needed to learn. They HAVE taught you white magic…have they?”
 
Yunie blushed. “Yes…But not all…I…have to learn the rest when I'm stronger.”
 
Pain nodded. “Good…” She gestured to the weapons. “Before you can claim your birthright…you must choose your guardians, Yunalesca…Let the Fayth guide you in your choosing…”
 
“What? SHE gets to choose what we get?” Bakura said.
 
“Not her…the Fayth.” Paie told him as Yunie looked at each weapon. “The Fayth speak through her…They will tell her which weapon belongs to you.”
 
They watched as Yunie circled each weapon, examining them all. She stopped at a large lance-like weapon. She stared at the weapon for a long time before staring at them all.
 
“Honda…” She said. “This…is yours…” She opened the case and pulled out the lance then gave it to Honda.
 
Honda's eyes widened as he stared at the weapon. “Wow…” It looked a little plain…just a long, wooden stick with a blade at the end.
 
“Where…did you get all of these weapons?” Ryou asked.
 
“They belong to the Gullwings…they are copies of the original weapons used by the guardians…You each will get some sort of armor as well…but the weapons go first.”
 
Yunie then came to a strange ball. “Jou…this is yours…”
 
“A BALL!?” Bakura cackled. “Oh I am SOOO scared of a BALL…”
 
“Shuddap Bakura.” Jou glared.
 
Very soon each person got a certain weapon…Kaiba was given a long, heavy sword which was the copy of Auron's own sword, Bakura was given a sword with a skull on the hilt-a copy of Paine's, Yami was given nothing…he was told he was the black magic user…His cards would be his weapons...
 
“There's two more left….” Pain told them. “The sword of Tidus, and Rikku's weapons…” She smiled. “Tidus's sword is a special sword…”
 
“What do you mean?” Ryou asked.
 
“Tidus was the one who was always in front of Yuna…He protected her from her fate…gave her confidence…helped her realize the true meaning of life…loved her…” She looked at the remaining three guys. “He was her strength…One of you…will be given this role as well…”
 
“What…? One of us…?” Yugi gasped. “But…But…”
 
They watched as Yunie pulled out a beautiful sword that seemed to be made of pure water. It glistened underneath the museum's lights. She walked over to the three boys…Marik already knew it was going to be Yugi…he would be perfect for the job…or even Ryou…
 
“It's you…Marik.” Marik's eyes widened. Yunie held out the sword to HIM!?
 
“But…but…” Merik shook his head. “I'm…sorry…I can't take it…” His eyes fell. “I…don't deserve it.”
 
“The…Fayth…says you do…” Pain smirked. “And I can see why…”
 
“Um…here…” Yunie gave Merik the sword and he looked at it…he was chosen to be this? To hold one of the two most important objects? Why?
 
“That leaves you two…” Pain said to Yugi and Ryou. “I'm guessing you two are going to share Riku's stuff…Am I right?”
 
Yunie nodded. “Yugi…gets the two disk weapons…Ryou gets the Alchemist pouch and claws.”
 
Pain nodded. “Understood.” She handed each boy their weapons.
 
Then Pain went to the center of the room, where a blue curtain was covering something.
 
“We managed to get the staff in here sooner than expected.” She replied then pulled off the curtain. A beautiful, pink staff stared at everyone in the room. Its head looked like it was made to look like multi-colored wings…
 
Yugi's eyes widened. “Is that really…?”
 
Paine nodded. “Yes…” She stared at the staff. “This is the Ultimate weapon of High Summoner Yuna…”
 
Yunie's eyes couldn't stop staring at the beautiful summoning staff...
 
“You guys…do you hear somethin'?” Joey asked.
 
“Like…a soft humming? Yeah…” Honda replied.
 
The humming began to get louder…it was voices…many voices singing a beautiful song. Yunie closed her eyes, listening to the soft music.
 
“That…my friends…is the song of the Fayth…” Pain told them. “They are calling her…”
 
They watched as Yunie walked toward the staff, the voices becoming louder. The glass around the staff brought into thousands of pieces, showering the floor with what looked like droplets of glass. Yunie ignored it all…her eyes never left the staff…
 
“She could get hurt…” Yugi said.
 
“Somehow, I don't think that will happen, Yugi.” Yami replied.
 
For a moment, nothing happened…time seemed to stand still…then, Yunie slowly reached her hand out…and gripped the staff…
 
A bright light encircled her, causing everyone to shield their eyes…when the light faded, Yunie was seen…her clothing had changed to a white top with long white sleeves that were so big they hid her hands and light blue pants.
 
Pain did a weird bow to Yunie.
 
“Welcome…Summoner Yunalesca…”
 
 
R&R please!
 
Next time: The first battle is always the hardest…