Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ Desert Blues ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You guys are in luck! I have the next two chapters done! :D Who hoo! I hope you guys like the next two chapters!
Disclaimers: I do not own FFX, FFX-2, or Yugioh characters but Yunie is MINE.
 
Chapter 23
Desert Blues
It felt like he had been walking for days. The sun bore down upon him. He wondered how the hell Marik managed to stay alive in a hot place like this with only sand as your company. It was a good thing Jou knew at least one thing he needed to do before he died out here. He needed to find water and FAST.
But all his eyes could see was sand.
“Aw hell…I'm gonna die!” He plopped onto the sand in a sulk. He closed his eyes, waiting for the end…
“If you wish to lay there and sulk then you will never help your friends.”
Jou quickly jumped to a standing position, a familiar woman in robes stared back at him and Jou wanted to hug her to death right now.
“Come, we haven't much time.” Ishizu threw him some clothes and headed for a jeep nearby. A jeep in which Odion was driving.
Jou put on the robes that would protect him from the blazing sun.“How'd ya know I was out here?”
Ishizu and Odion stared at each other for a short moment.
“We will discuss that later, get in.”
They drove well into an hour before they stopped. Jou was confused…there was nothing here?
Then Odion opened a door on the ground…
Apparently everything was underground.
Jou followed them into what looked like an underground home with many opened rooms. There was a bunch of people with their eyes glued to computer screens or their ears covered with earphones. There were children running from room to room, carrying things to and fro. Jou followed Odion and Ishizu to a large, circular room.
“Jou!” And Jou was promptly hugged by Yugi.
“Yug!?” He looked around and saw the others sitting in chairs or leaning on the walls. There was a medic looking over Ryou while Bakura watched with intense eyes, Yami was discussing something with Seito who promptly excused himself upon hearing Yugi's shout, and Merik sat in a corner with his head downcast.
Yugi was pulled off of Jou by Seito then Jou was pushed against the wall by the same man. He stared at the blonde haired boy with a glare.
“Don't you DARE leave my side, got it mutt?” It was an order and Jou groaned.
“Yeah love ya too Seito…” He gently pushed the CEO away. “Anyone mind tellin' me how we got here?”
“Who cares!” Bakura shouted with a glare. “We're alive, so let's go kill that blue haired bastard!”
“For once I agree…” Yami frowned. “Does anyone know how he managed to…relocate us all?”
“Seems to have been some kind of magic…” Ryou replied as he waved the medic goodbye. “And he's got Yunie…”
“Which means we're screwed.” Bakura grunted. “Unless we find out where the hell he's taken her.”
“That is where we can help.” Ishizu's voice made them all turn their heads to her. “First, everyone here knows what is going on…We found you all by the signatures in your weapons using our technology. As for your problem…we have the means to find her…For now I suggest you all sit and rest. You will need all the energy you have.”
Yugi frowned. “We're gonna have to fight Seymour aren't we?”
“It seems that way, Aibou.” Yami replied.
“Alright fine, smart aleck…” Bakura glared at Ishizu. “You seem to know a hell of a lot of information. Care to tell us why?”
Ishizu and Odion stared at one another then pulled up their sleeves. A tell tale symbol of a gull in flight was tattooed on their upper right arms.
They were gullwings.
“We thought it was weird when we discovered that your weapon signatures were saying you were here in Egypt…Only when we found you all did we realize it wasn't a glitch in the system.” Odion told them all.
The summoner group fell silent for a moment.
“Wait a minute…we're in EGYPT!?”
* * * * *
Marik hadn't been here in a long time. He recognized the walls around him as the home he once had underground. Thoughts of the past flooded his mind for a moment but then those thoughts drifted to recent events.
He had failed…Again.
He sighed and sat down on a chair. What good was he now? He failed as a guardian to his Pharaoh's tomb, and now he failed as a guardian to the girl he…
He shook his head, unwilling to finish that thought in fear of the heartbreak that would come. She was going to die so what was the point anyway? There was nothing he could do to stop her…
“Marik?” Ryou walked in but Marik barely noticed him. Ryou frowned and sat down next to the Egyptian. He had worried about him ever since they entered what was now Crystal Tokyo. “Are you alright?”
“I'm fine…” Marik sighed. “I'm just…a little worried…”
Ryou nodded. “We're all worried, Marik…There's nothing wrong with worrying about a friend.”
Marik stood and groaned in aggravation.
“That's just it!” He cried. “I'm not worried about a friend… I'm worried about…” He shook his head. “What does it matter anyway!?”
Ryou stared at him for a moment then Ryou's eyes grew wide.
“Marik….Are you…Are you in love?”
Marik slapped his forehead. “It's that obvious?”
Ryou shook his head. “Not really but everything makes sense now…” He smiled sadly. “You're in love with Yunie, aren't you?”
The Egyptian before Ryou stared at the floor, his hands in fists…
“I know what's going to happen.” He said. “I know why and I know when, sort of…With all this knowledge, I shouldn't even think of…love…I should've distance myself…maybe then it wouldn't…hurt as much…”
Ryou frowned. The poor guy. By the looks of things, Yunie was his first love…and she wasn't going to be here for very long…Ryou walked over to Marik and hugged him.
“It hurts…and it will probably hurt for a while.” Ryou told him. “But the fact that you indeed love someone, love them for as long as you're able to.” He smiled his friend. “It's better to love than lost than to have ever loved at all…remember that okay? And know that you've got friends and even family that will help you…”
Marik smiled. “Thanks…”
Ryou pulled away and took his hand. “Now the real reason why I came in here.” He grinned. “We've found Yunie…”
Marik tensed hope filled his eyes. “Where…is she?”
“She's in Paris, France…We saw her on tv…” He frowned. “Seymour's with her…”
Marik grabbed his sword with a frown. “Well then…How about we get outta here and go kick some blue haired butt?”
Ryou smiled. “That's the spirit!”
And then maybe…just maybe, I can find a way to stop the inevitable…Marik thought, but something deep inside told him that wasn't going to happen.
Either way he was going to lose someone he cared about…Someone he loved.
Fate sometimes sucks…doesn't it?