Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ Capture of a Summoner ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

WOW…when's the last time I updated this? A long time! Well I've got good news to all of you, here is the next chapter! And I'm working on chapter 23 right now! YAY!!! Thank you all for reading my story!
 
Disclaimers: I do not own Yugioh, Final Fantasy, or Sailor Moon characters. But the character Yunie is mine.
 
Chapter 22
 
Capture of a Summoner
 
Neo-Queen Serenity was sitting upon her throne, looking thoughtfully at the Summoner group.
 
“So…this man is named Seymour…” Neo-Queen Serenity said.
 
“Yes.” Yunie replied. “And only our group will be able to stop him.”
 
Neo-Queen Serenity nodded. “I understand…” She stood and walked over to Yunie. “I have been in such a position many times before…And since you helped my Sailor Soldiers, I have much faith in your abilities…” She smiled. “Besides…” She touched her stomach. “I cannot endanger my kingdom's future princess…”
 
Yunie smiled. “Congratulations, your majesty…” She bowed.
 
“My kingdom's future is in your hands, summoner…” She frowned. “I only wish I could stop the inevitable…” Yunie looked up. “Yes…I know what is to happen at the end of your journey…”
 
“Then…maybe you can use the Silver Crystal to stop it!” Yugi smiled. “Then Yunie won't have to leave!”
The Neo-Queen shook her head. “Even the Crystal has its limits, Yugi…It cannot stop what is to be…no matter how much I wish of it…But I do suggest something to you all…only think about it until it is time…keep smiling…And never let anyone come between your newly awakened bond…”
 
“You got it!” Jou grinned. “Now what say we get a goin'? We still got some Aeons to get!”
 
“Actually, Jou…I think one is here…” Yunie said.
 
“For real? Awesome!” Jou shouted.
 
“Where is it, Yunie?” Yami asked.
 
Yunie closed her eyes for a brief moment. She could hear the song…it seemed but a whisper to her…but it was there all the same.
 
“Your majesty…” Yunie said as she opened her eyes. “One of your soldiers…do they control ice?”
 
The queen nodded. “Sailor Mercury…”
 
“We will need her…”
 
The group followed Yunie into the depths of the palace, unsure of what they would find. Sailor Mercury followed closely behind, intent on helping them do their task; although she wondered why they needed her…
 
Yunie stopped in the middle of a huge room, where the ceiling seemed to go up into the heavens.
 
“Wow…” Yugi awed.
 
“I have never seen this place before.” Sailor Mercury said. “It is giving off strange waves…”
 
“This is the remains of a temple…” Yunie replied. “Buried deep underneath your city…”
 
Ryou's eyes widened. “You mean this…?”
 
Yunie nodded. “This is the temple of Shiva…the Ice Aeon…” She pointed to a door on the far wall. “I need you to hit that, Sailor Mercury…”
 
Sailor Mercury nodded and prepared her attack.
 
“Aqua Rhapsody!” The rush of ice water slammed into the door with brute force. The door burst open, revealing a room made of ice.
 
Yunie stepped forward into the room and the moment she did, the entry way froze over, blocking everyone else from entering.
 
“Yunie!” Marik planned to race over and knock down the wall of ice, when Seito stopped him. Marik glared at the man.
 
“I don't think we are supposed to go in there, Marik.” Seito told the love-struck guardian.
 
“Uh…duh, idiot…” Bakura rolled his eyes which granted him a slap to the head by Ryou. “Dammit! What did I do this time!”
 
“Just keep your comments to yourself, please.” Ryou told his Yami.
 
“She could freeze in there!” Marik shouted at Seito.
 
“Don't you get it?” Bakura told Marik. “That's hollow ground in there…only Summoners can enter it.”
 
“How'd you know that?” Marik asked the spirit.
 
Bakura crossed his arms. “I just do, besides if it weren't true then we would be able to go too…”
 
“He does have a point.” Yami noted.
 
Marik sighed. “Then what are we supposed to do?”
 
“Wait…” Bakura shrugged his shoulders. “That's all we can do…”
 
Marik slumped to the floor, sighing. He hated the fact that Yunie was in there, alone…but at least this moment gave him a chance to think. He had to figure out how to stop Yunie's fate…but how? Remembering the story that was told to them all by Yugi, it seemed that there was only one way to save her…
 
Take her place…
 
“I know you've got the hots for her…” Marik jumped to find Bakura boring his eyes down upon him. The others were in separate parts of the room, talking or in Jou's case, sleeping.
 
“Yeah so?” Marik replied.
 
Bakura groaned and sat beside the Egyptian.
 
“You know it's not going to happen…she's going to be sacrificed.”
 
“Why? Why does it have to be her? Why not one of us?” Marik replied. “You heard the story, one of us could take her place!” His eyes fell. “But we can't…can we?”
Before Bakura could answer, the ice doors opened. Everyone stood as Yunie walked out with a smile on her face…
 
It was the last thing they remembered, before the world went black.
 
When Marik awoke, he felt the sun burning his skin…sun? He was in an ice temple!
 
Sand was his only company….his thoughts turned to dread.
 
“Yunie!!!”
 
There was only one explanation as to why Marik was at the moment knee deep in sand and it made him scream to the heavens in an angry rage.
 
“Damn you Seymour! You are going to die!!!”
 
 
AN
Well guys what did you think? And I'm so sorry it's been so long! There's just so much that's going on right now that it's crazy! But thank goodness I have a little time . Hope you guys liked it and I hope you like later chapters when I get them done!