Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ Rebirth of a City ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Whew hoo!!! ANOTHER ONE!! (grins)
 
Rebirth of a City
 
Yunie stood alone out in the opened streets, waiting for her battle to begin. In her heart, she was a little worried. She had only received three of the eight Aeons…would that be enough to complete her part of the mission? She hoped so…
 
“Yunie?” She turned to a small alleyway, where Marik was standing in hiding. He had told her the day before he would never leave her side, and he made good on his promise.
He must have seen the worry on her because his expression was of worry.
 
She didn't smile at him, instead turned to face the street once more.
 
“Stay there, Marik…I will be fine.” She whispered to him then closed her eyes. She steadied her breathing, readying herself for the fight that was to come. This was not like the previous test she had been given in the rain…this was a real battle…one she had to win herself.
 
“Anzu!” She shouted to the sky angrily. “If you wish to fight, come and get me!! Or are you still sore from the last time we fought?” Before she even came out here, she had to get some pointers on how to draw out Anzu…who better than Bakura. He of course told her she should swear, but Yunie decided against that.
 
Still…it felt a little good to gloat…
 
An annoying laugh was heard and Yunie's opponent walked out. Anzu's clothes had changed since the last time Yunie saw her. Black top and black skirt…she looked more like a slut, as Bakura would more than likely put it, than anything.
 
Anzu smirked triumphantly and placed her hands upon her hips.
 
“Finally decided to give me what truly belongs to me? Oh how thoughtful of you.” She said as she walked forward. “Well then…just so you know, bitch…when I get the Aeons, you'll be the first I kill…maybe then you won't be as…cocky…”
 
Yunie raised an eyebrow. “Me? Cocky? It seems to me that you are such…” She placed her feet shoulder-width apart and held her staff up for defense. “Care to try this again? Of course last time, I remember that Valefor nearly clawed you to pieces…”
 
Anzu glared at her and stomped her foot.
 
“I'll show you!” She grinned. “I have the Sliver Crystal! I'm invincible!”
 
“I seriously doubt that…” Yunie replied. “Everyone knows that only one who is born of the moon knows how to use the Crystal…you are not that person.”
 
“Seymour says that I can be anything I want! So there!” Anzu whined. During this, Marik was rolling his eyes.
 
What an idiot, he thought.
 
“Hump, fine…I'll just kill you now with the Crystal's power!”
 
“We shall see…” Yunie replied. “But before we begin…I wish to tell you something…”
 
“Fine, whatever…” Anzu huffed.
 
“Yugi told me not to hurt you, he still sees you as a good friend…And for his sake…I will not harm you.”
 
Anzu raised an eyebrow. “Yugi? That squirt?” She laughed cruelly. “He's just a runt!”
 
“Runt or not…He still cares for you…and I am honor-bound to do as he asked…” She raised her staff. “But that does not mean that I will not battle you…” A portal made of lightening appeared behind her. “Xion, come forth!” The Aeon of Lightening galloped forward and raised its front legs as if in greeting and warning.
 
Anzu's eyes grew wide at the sight of the tall beast before her.
 
“So how shall we do this, Anzu?” Yunie asked. “Shall you go first or must I begin?”
 
“Neither of course…” Came a familiar voice. A rather large hand placed itself upon Anzu's shoulder. Anzu's eyes became starry-eyed and she sighed.
 
“Seymour…” She said as though she were staring at the love of her life.
 
Seymour did not turn to Anzu instead he kept his eyes upon Yunie.
 
“Ah…Ixion…A fine Aeon indeed.” He said with a smirk. “But I would have thought you would have at least Shiva by now…” He shook his head. “Your guardians must be slipping Summoner.”
 
“Return Sailor Moon and the Silver Crystal, Seymour.” Yunie replied.
 
“What will you do if I do not? I can see your fear, Yunalesca…” Seymour taunted as Anzu moved behind him. “Why don't you come with me? I can show you the true—“
 
“Don't you even look at her.” Marik calmly walked from the alley and stood between Yunie and Seymour, sword drawn and eyes serious.
 
Seymour laughed. “What could you…a single guardian do to me? Even as a group you could not touch me…”
Marik showed no emotion on the outside but on the in he was cursing, how was he going to save Yunie all by himself?
 
“Yunie!” Yugi's voice shouted. The rest of the group raced forward, weapons drawn, giving Marik the time to sigh in relief.
 
“Where's Sailor Moon?” Yunie asked them.
 
Yugi grinned. “You'll see…” He turned to face Seymour. “Right now, let's get him guys!”
 
The group nodded in unison, and Seymour laughed once more.
 
“A bunch of children…please…” He said. “You are still not strong enough to defeat me…You can barely join together as a group…”
 
“Not anymore…” Yami replied. “We have bonded…in spirit and mind…”
 
Anzu rolled her eyes. “Here it comes, `we are one, our friendship will last!', oh give me a break…”
 
“Bakura…care to have the honor?” Yami asked the thief.
 
Bakura smirked. “It would be my pleasure, Pharaoh…” He whipped out his sword. “Hand me one of those orb things, Ryou…”
 
Ryou smiled. “Sure!”
 
“You can't be serious…” Seymour smirked. “You wouldn't last five minutes fighting alone with me…”
 
Bakura grinned like he had just pulled the biggest heist of his thieving career.
 
“Who said I was fighting you alone?”
 
“Flame Sniper!”
 
“Oak Evolution!”
 
“Love and Beauty Shock!”
 
“Aqua Rhapsody!”
 
The attacks came head on at Seymour…he flung them away as if they were nothing.
 
“Stupid women…”
 
The Inner Sailor Soldiers jumped down from the building tops, arms crossed and mad as hell.
 
“We have your back…” Sailor Jupiter said.
 
“I'd say we have a good amount of fire power…don't you guys?” Jou grinned.
 
“But it's still not enough to fight Lord Seymour!” Anzu shouted triumphantly. “He'll kill you all!”
 
“Highly unlikely…” Came a voice from the heavens. The Inners quickly fell to one knee as a light floated down from the sky and formed into a woman with long blonde hair. In her hands was a shining jewel. “You have caused much turmoil…I will not allow this…”
 
“That…that isn't the girl I captured!” Anzu shouted.
 
“Sailor…Moon?”
 
The woman smiled. “At one time…I was such…” She held up the crystal. “But now…” The crystal glowed brightly, engulfing the entire city with its light. The light felt warm and sent a sense of calm through everyone it touched. Monsters died instantly in it's glow. And when the light faded…
 
The city was reborn…
 
Everyone gawked at the wondrous rebirth. A shining palace in the center of it all. The Sailors understood everything now…
 
“What…is this place?” Ryou asked.
 
“Welcome to our home…” The woman said. “Welcome to Crystal Tokyo…”
 
 
(grinning) Pretty cool huh? I thought so! Read and review!