Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ Alliances and Friendship ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Next one coming up! :D
 
 
Chapter 20
 
Alliances and Friendship
 
Once rounds had been completed, they all reconvened in an old abandonded warehouse near a port. As the Summoning group walked into the warehouse, many eyes stared at them intensely. One Sailor Soldier walked up to them, holding a stance that said “touch me and die.” This one carried herself more like a man than a woman...her eyes showed off extreme power and by the way she was staring at them, she was definitely not afraid to use that power on the Summoning group.
 
“Friend or foe?” She asked them as she towerd them all.
 
Venus stepped foreward, rolling her eyes.
 
“Calm down Uranus, they're friends. They're going to help us rescue Moon.” Venus told the woman.
 
“One of you was captured?” Yunie asked.
 
“Yes…Sailor Moon, and we think it has to do with the Sliver Crystal.” Venus explained. “It's a very powerful gem from the moon.”
 
Yugi stared at his friends. “Seymour must have thought that this crystal could help him become Sin.”
 
Uranus raised an eyebrow. “So this enemy is named Seymour huh?”
 
Nervous, Yugi hid behind Yami. “Um…yes ma'am…He's really bad news…”
 
“And the only way to stop him is with us…” Yami told them.
 
Jou grinned and placed a hand upon Yunie's shoulder. “Yep! Yunie here is gonna beat the pants off dat dude!”
 
Uranus stared at Yunie for a long moment. The girl's aura seemed quite strange compared to everyone else's in the room.
 
“Fine…I guess we have a common enemy then…” Uranus said. “What are your suggestions?”
 
“We must first find out if it was Seymour that took your leader. He is a man with blue hair.”
 
“The person that took Sailor Moon was not a man but a girl with brown hair.” Another Sailor Solider walked up with a small frown on her face. Her sea-green hair seemed to fall against her face like water.
 
“A girl with brown hair…?” Ryou asked.
 
“Got to be the brat Anzu…” Bakura smirked. “About time we get to tear that bitch up…”
 
Yami was about to say something when he heard a sniffle from his side. He looked down and saw Yugi gripping his pant leg…Yugi's eyes were shining with fresh tears.
 
“Yami…I don't want to fight Anzu…” Yugi whispered. “She's our friend…remember?”
 
Yami knelt down to his light. “Remember what we said on the road to here, Aibou? Whatever happens…we will find a way to bring her back…”
 
“Yeah, even if she's a stubborn prick.” Honda mumbled under his breath.
 
“So this…Anzu used to be your comrade…let me guess, Seymour has taken hold of her.” Uranus looked at them all, especially the little one who was at this moment still holding on to what could be his big brother but she did not think to ask. “We have been through the like before…”
 
“Our prince, Prince Endymion, has been taken over many times before…even ourselves have been taken over at some point.” The other Sailor Solider, Neptune, smiled down at Yugi. “Don't worry, little one…the Sliver Crystal can break the bond that holds her.”
 
Yugi's eyes widened in hope. “Really?”
 
Neptune nodded. “Really…”
 
“Then I guess we have a deal…we will help rescue Sailor Moon, in return, you help us get Anzu back.” Yami told the two sailors.
 
“Deal.” Uranus held out her hand and Yunie shook it. Two sides had become one that day.
 
“Where do we start first, Summoner group?” Uranus crossed her arms as Yunie closed her eyes. A minute later she reopened them.
 
“We give Anzu what she wants…” Yunie replied as her friends stared at her in shock.
 
“Which is what?” Neptune asked.
 
Yunie stared at them. “The power of a Summoner…” Then she smiled. “But of course…it will not be in the way she wishes…” Yunie knelt to Yugi. “Yugi…I promise not to hurt her badly, but…”
 
Yugi nodded. “Just don't kill her…please…”
 
Yunie smiled. “What am I to say when one of my guardians asks something of me? I can never refuse…” Then she stood. “I will keep Anzu busy…you can go and retrieve your leader. My guardians will handle any fiends that come in between what we set out to do.”
 
Uranus nodded. “Sounds like a plan…we leave at first light…”
 
“In the meantime…enjoy what we have here. I'm sure you all are tired and weary.” Neptune smiled.
 
That night, Marik had a dream…a dream where Yunie was dying…it scared him so much that he snapped away. The boys slept on one side of the warehouse while the girls slept on the other. He tried to look for Yunie's form…just to tell himself that she was alright, but it was too dark to see her.
 
“If you are looking for the Summoner…she is staring at the moon…” Marik turned to find a small Sailor Soldier with shot black hair standing before him. Marik didn't know much about the Sailor Soldiers, only what Yugi told him…and from what Yugi said…this small child was the most powerful of the Soldiers next to Sailor Moon.
 
The child stared at him with emotionless eyes. He turned away from her…her gaze made him shudder…it was as if she were looking into his soul…something no one must see.
 
“Go to her…” Marik heard the Sailor Senshi say. “For your time together grows shorter with every passing day…”
 
Marik turned to tell her something but the soldier had disappeared into the shadows. He chose that moment to stand and look for Yunie.
 
The warehouse itself had been boarded up through every window in order to keep the light of the moon away. There was no darkness now…only two suns…the Sun itself, and the glowing light of the moon.
 
Marik managed to find the door and went outside, there he found Yunie, standing not but a foot away, looking up at the glowing moon above.
 
“Why is it that every time I need someone to talk to…” She said without turning around. “You always end up beside me?” She smiled and then turned to stare at him. Marik tried to hide his blush, but it seemed to be not working for she was giggling at him.
 
“I guess…I guess it's just meant to be…” Marik coughed and joined her by her side. “After all…I am supposed to be your shoulder to lean on…remember?”
 
“True…” Yunie replied then went back to staring up at the moon. “The moon is beautiful…but I think it's a little too bright, don't you?”
 
Marik stared at her…his mind told him that the mission tomorrow was going to be dangerous…there would be no protection for Yunie…just her and the Aeons…perhaps that is the reason that he had that dream of her death….the very fact that she would be going to battle alone scared him.
 
“I'm going to go with you tomorrow.” He had made the decision not but a few seconds ago. “I don't care what you say or what the others say. I'm staying with you.”
 
Yunie sighed. “Marik—“
 
Suddenly he had taken her by his hands and brought her into his embrace. Yunie blushed for a moment and looked up at him.
 
“Marik?”
 
“I promised myself that I would never leave you alone…” Marik told her. “I've made a mistake before and it nearly cost the world its destruction…” His grip on her tightened ever so slightly. “I will not make that mistake again…not when…” He closed his eyes, preventing tears to fall from them. “Not when my charge means more to me…than my own life.”
 
Yunie smiled and hugged him back. “I don't want you to leave me alone, Marik…” She moved away to stare into his eyes. “But you must always remember…I'm never alone…the Aeons—“
 
“The Aeons can go to hell for all I care right now, Yunie…” Marik told her. “I'm going to stay with you…I don't care if I have to fight every last Aeon in order to do it, Yunie…I'm not leaving your side.”
 
Yunie understood Marik's predicament. She didn't want to leave Marik alone to fend off the fiends as she fought Anzu, but she knew that the others would take good care of him. Marik wanted to stay with Yunie…and it seemed that not even the Aeons themselves would stop him. She sighed…
 
“I won't leave your side either, Marik…” Yunie told him then hugged him again. “I am…actually glad that you would walk with me into battle.”
 
Marik smiled. “I'm a guardian…it's one of my jobs…”
 
“What is the other job praytell?” Yunie asked.
 
Marik stared into her eyes. “The job of being your friend…That is one job I take the most serious of all…You're important to me, Yunie…”
 
Yunie smiled. “I know…”
 
 
You know the drill! Tell me what you think!
 
Next time: Rebirth of a City