Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ Reminiscing… ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay I am SO SORRY I haven't updated in a long time…(pouts) Too much stuff going on…but now I'm able to write! :D I have the next THREE chapters for you guys! Enjoy!
 
Chapter 19
 
Reminiscing…
 
Ryou did NOT like the silence his darkness was given him at the moment. It was so thick, one would need a knife to cut through it.
 
Maybe he's angry at someone? No…he always angry…maybe it's Yami? Well of course it's Yami! Or maybe it has something to do with Yunie?
 
Ryou did notice that Bakura seemed…well…kinder toward the girl as their journey progressed…sure the rude comments would sometimes slip out, but it seemed to Ryou that Bakura was trying to make Yunie STRONGER instead of hurt her.
 
Now the main question…why?
 
Quicker than he could blink, he found himself roughly pushed up against a wall…his dark staring intently at him…that's when he realized that he forgot to close the link…Bakura had heard everything his wandering had mind thought..
 
“Bakura…” Ryou blushed at his darks closeness.
 
“Because she reminds me…of my past…” his dark blurted out.
 
Ryou's eyes widened. “Are you…serious?”
 
Bakura sighed…he showed emotion to only Ryou…no one else. Thankfully the Venus girl went to scout ahead…he and his light could talk.
 
“The first instance that I saw her…I thought she was a Hikari…and technically she is…but…Her light is somewhat stronger.”
 
“That's because of the Aeons, Bakura…” Ryou replied.
 
Bakura set his sword onto the ground and leaned on it.
 
“Don't tell anybody this…but that little girl we saw who called herself Ixion…she was my sister…”
 
Ryou froze…Bakura's…sister…was…an Aeon!?
 
“Bakura…how can that…be…?”
 
“My village…” He replied. “You know why they chose it for the 99 sacrifices? Because there was a temple there…the rough translation is `temple of light'.”
 
Ryou moved closer to his darkness. “Your village was the reminisce of Spira…”
 
Bakura shrugged. “The old people believed that…they would tell the kids stories about why the world turned into what it was…did you know…no one was allowed in the temple but a handful of people…when the seven priests came, they first wanted to sacrifice the temple priestesses because of their enormous energy.”
 
“They were summoners…weren't they?”
 
“Not exactly.” Bakura looked out toward the vast city. “Every year someone would volunteer their soul so that they could become Aeons…back then everyone wanted to be an Aeon instead of a summoner…my sister, Sahara, volunteered herself one year.” He shrugged again. “She went into the temple one day, and I never saw her again.”
 
“And the next day your village was slaughtered.”
 
“Something like that…” Bakura replied.
 
Ryou now saw how Bakura felt…he knew about the village being destroyed to make the millennium items…but he didn't know it was a village that worshipped Aeons…
 
So…Bakura feels it's his duty to protect Yunie because she is or could have been somewhat an important person in his village…
 
And if she were living in the ancient times…she would have more than likely been the first sacrifice made by the priests…all of this connected to Bakura's past in such a way that it made Ryou cry. Everywhere they went…something always reminded Bakura of his past.
 
Ryou quickly hugged his darkness. “I'm so sorry, Bakura…this must be horrible for you.”
 
“It's alright…” Bakura glared. “But why the HELL would the Aeons choose that blasted PHARAOH of all people to be her guardian!?”
 
“Maybe they thought that you needed to know that it wasn't his fault…” Ryou replied. “Yami didn't kill your village, his father did. You shouldn't blame Yami for what his father did…he probably didn't even know it was going on! You two are about the same age right? Maybe back then Yami was a kid too…and his father was protecting him from the truth…”
 
Bakura didn't think about that…Yami not knowing…maybe he did, maybe he didn't…the fact of the matter is that he tainted his father's grave and that's the reason why Yami hated Bakura so much. He completely understood it…Hell, Bakura was pissed because his family and friends were massacred…he could understand Yami's anger towards someone who practically destroyed his father's resting place…
 
Maybe they could work out these differences…maybe not. They each had a common goal and you know the old saying…. `the enemy of my enemy is my enemy'…Perhaps if he could at least tolerate the Pharaoh…it might not be so bad…this journey…
 
“Bakura…” He heard Ryou's voice and it snapped him from his thoughts. He turned toward his Hikari…the boy was holding him tightly, tears forming in his eyes.
 
“Yes, hikari?” Bakura asked.
 
“Is it really true? Will Yunie…die after all of this is over…?” Ryou asked. “I don't want her to die…she's my friend…”
 
Bakura took the boy and wrapped him in a loving embrace.
 
“It's alright Hikari.” He told the boy. “When we get to that point…we'll see…”
 
Ryou smiled…the journey so far had changed them all…Bakura seemed more…human…instead of beast…maybe this needed to happen to them all…help them change their outlook on each other…
 
Yunie…don't die…I like this…I wish it would last forever…
 
 
Read and review please!
 
Next chapter: Alliances and Friendship