Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ The Battle With Seymour ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here it is guys, the next chapter! I know it took so long, but it's hard to write these days with work and all. Hope you like this chapter!
 
Disclaimers: I do not own the Final Fantasy series or Yugioh
 
 
Chapter 25
 
The Battle with Seymour
 
The breeze blew at their faces atop the Eiffel Tower, but they paid it no mind. Their main concern was the ancient, blue haired man before them, laughing haughtily.
 
“Let's see…” Seymour smirked at them. “What happened last time? Oh yes…you barely stood chance against a simple fire attack…” He chuckled. “Well…I am sorry to say that this time around, all of you will suffer the spell's fury.”
 
“Yunie now!” Yami shouted.
 
Yunie nodded and held up her staff. “Protect us from all!” An invisible shield surrounded each member of the summoner group. “It will not last long…”
 
“Just keep it coming if it falls!” Marik replied and readied his sword. “We'll handle him.”
 
Seymour smirked. “So sure of yourselves…” Then he snapped his fingers.
 
One by one the summoner group was surrounded in fire. Though they were protected by Yunie's protection spell, it still hurt…
 
As the spell past by Bakura he turned to stare at Ryou. Before the spell could engulf his light, Bakura pushed Ryou aside. Ryou screamed as his Yami took another hit of fire. Bakura's charred body fell near Ryou, his sword clanging on the rooftop.
 
Without a word Yunie quickly revived him and Bakura grinned his thanks. Seymour's smirk faded.
 
“Hmm…I had forgotten about the revival spell…how foolish of me…” He smirked. “No matter…” And prepared to attack, his eyes set on Yunie.
 
Marik knew exactly what Seymour planned on doing…get rid of the healer, better chances of winning. The mere thought of Yunie's body lying on the rooftop made Marik's blood run cold. His hand squeezed the hilt of his sword with such force his hand almost bled.
 
Something inside Marik began to grow…It was growing faster and faster until…
 
Marik raced right up to Seymour and slashed at him, he raced around Seymour in circles, hitting Seymour at every angle. He was like a blur to everyone…you could barely keep up with him. When the attack was done, Marik was once again near his comrades, glaring at Seymour who at the moment was doubled over, his eyes wide.
 
The Summoner group stared at their comrade in utter shock.
 
“How the goddamn hell did you do THAT!?” Bakura shouted in disbelief.
 
Marik blinked then shook his head. “Huh?” He saw Seymour's state and looked at his sword. “I…what…?” What was that power? It felt like a burst of humongous energy had overflowed his body. Was it his rage that activated such power?
 
“Heads up!” Jou shouted. “Wes got some fiends!”
 
Marik looked up. Seymour had summoned fiends, obviously to distract them long enough for him to gather his senses.
 
“Jou, Honda! We'll get the fiends!” Yugi shouted.
 
Honda grinned at Jou. “Betcha I can get more fiends than you!”
 
Jou grinned back. “You're on!” They raced to the other side of the rooftop, taunting the fiends with attacks.
 
“You guys get Seymour!” Yugi shouted as he raced over to Jou and Honda's side.
 
“Be careful Aibou!” Yami shouted and Yugi nodded.
 
Seito looked over at Marik. “How did you do that attack?”
 
Marik shook his head. “I don't know…I just felt angry then this energy inside me…” He looked at the weapon. “I think…I think the energy came from the sword.”
 
“Well hell if you could do it, then so can we!” Bakura shouted. “So get to concentrating Priest!”
 
Seito glared at Bakura, saying nothing. He focused his anger at Seymour. This man…This man was the reason why his home was in shambles…This man was the reason...That Mokuba was dead. Seito's eyes slanted. He hated this man…He ruined his life, his brother's life…
 
“Die!” Without thinking he swung his sword over his head then thrusted the blade into the rooftop. A wave of energy headed straight for Seymour…
 
And hit him dead on.
 
Seymour winced then rose to his feet. “ENOUGH of this FOOLISHNESS!” He held his hand towards the sky. Dark clouds formed over his head.
 
“Oh no…” Yunie's eyes grew wide. “It can't be…He's…He's summoning!”
 
“What!? How's that possible!?” Marik shouted.
 
“Take these souls of mirth, great darkness…” Seymour said to the sky. “Bring forth my servant…Aeon of darkness…Anima!”
 
All over the city, balls of light were sucked into the black clouds above Seymour. Yunie nearly froze in fright…he was using those poor souls!!! Which meant one thing…
 
“He's summoning a dark Aeon!!!” She shouted.
 
Marik, Seito, Yami, and Bakura looked at her in confusion. Dark Aeon?
 
A large chain with a hook on the end dropped from the sky and landed in the rooftop. Slowly it started to pull…The summoner group grew pale…It was pulling something…
 
“From the depths of hell, I bring you forth…Smash these imbeciles!” Seymour shouted.
 
It looked like a mummy…a very…very….very BIG mummy. Chains surrounded it, locking its long, red-marked skeleton arms around its black torso. The large hideous beast screamed into the heavens. Its one uncovered eye stared at them all with such power, such malice…such…hatred.
 
They could barely move…
 
“We. Are. Screwed.” Bakura breathed out in almost terror.
 
Yunie looked up at the beast…This was the dark Aeon…the one created by the sacrifice of souls…This was not the Anima she would one day summon. This Anima frightened her…frightened her to the very core of her being.
 
“No fear…” Came a voice. Yunie looked around and noticed something…
 
Time had suddenly stopped…What the…?
 
“No fear…”A boy wearing dark robes and a hood came up to her. The boy stared at her and she knew who this was.
 
“Bahamut?” She breathed out.
 
“Yes…” The boy's lips did not move…But yet he was speaking to her…Not through thought…She could actually hear his voice.
 
“There are other ways to use us, Summoner…” Bahamut said to her. “Use our strength…to summon another…” Bahamut smiled at her. “You look so much like her…and him…” He touched her hand. “Promise me, Summoner…Promise me that you won't cry…”
Yunie blinked at him and nodded. “I…I promise…” And the boy nodded.
 
“Then you have my strength…” And as he entered her body, time returned.
 
The guardians looked at their charge; her hand was on her heart and her eyes had gone wide. They knew that look…
 
Another Aeon had been acquired.
 
“Use us to summon another…” Yunie breathed out. What did that mean? Summon who?
 
Yami's mind went into calculation mode. It took him mere seconds to get what she meant. Quickly he searched through his deck and pulled out five cards. Seito's eyes widened.
 
“Yunie!” Yami shouted and Yunie looked toward him. “Send the Aeon you have just acquired into these five cards! Concentrate on them! Will the spirit into them!”
 
The confused summoner nodded and closed her eyes. What was the deal with the five cards? She felt Bahamut's light leave her…she imagined the five cards in Yami's hand and forced the light into them.
 
She was pushed away by a body. When she opened her eyes it was Marik.
 
“Get back!” He told her. She noticed that the rest of the group was staring above…A shadow covered them all…wait a minute…a shadow? It's not dark yet…
 
She looked up and gasped. A towering, gold beast stood before Anima. The beast roared to the sky using its mummified head. She saw the grins on the other's faces…
 
“You go get dat thing Exodia!” Jou shouted while pumping his arm into the sky. “Beat it to da ground!”
 
Exodia? Yunie thought. That's not an Aeon.
 
“It's a card…” Marik's voice brought her back to reality. “Well…a set of cards…It's very powerful…”
 
“Attack the dark Aeon Anima!” Yami commanded in his regal tone. Exodia complied, punching Anima with a force that knocked everyone over. Dark Anima screamed in pain. Seymour glared.
 
“What is this?” He chuckled. “No matter…Let's see how your…giant beast handles Anima's hell…” he looked toward the dark Aeon. “Anima! Oblivion!”
 
Anima screamed as a dark mist appeared under Exodia's large feet. The duel monster disappeared into darkness. Above ground they heard the horrible screams of Exodia…it was terrifying to hear a very powerful monster screaming in…was that…agony?
 
Seconds later Exodia appeared. His form completely depleted of all energy. He screamed to the sky as his body disappeared in light. The cards drifted to Yami and he took them.
 
“Thank you my friend…you deserve great rest…” Then he placed them in his pocket in a careful manner, in fear they would break under the stress they had so recently received by the dark Aeon.
 
Yunie took in a large breathe as she felt Bahamut's spirit return to her. What were they going to do now? There wasn't anything they could possibly do unless Yami summoned a monster like that again…or…
 
“Yunie!” Marik's cry was ignored as she raced to stand before the dark Anima. Her eyes stared forward.
 
“Yami…” She replied calmly. “MOVE.”
 
Yami nodded and stood aside with the others. Yunie held her staff before her; she felt the energy rise around her. She dropped to one knee.
 
A towering piece of jagged ice fell behind her.
 
“Great queen of ice, please come forth!” Yunie said.
 
“Ice queen?” Yugi eyes widened. “She's summoning the one from Crystal Tokyo!”
 
A translucent form dropped from the sky and landed in the large piece of ice. The ice shattered, revealing a tall, elegant woman with long blue hair. Her body barely covered, the woman moved her hair back behind her shoulders and stood beside Yunie.
 
Bakura whistled his appreciation. “Damn…she's HOT!”
 
The tall woman turned to him and glared. Ryou stood before Bakura and sweatdropped.
 
“Cold!” the Hikari said. “He meant Cold!”
 
The large woman rolled her eyes and turned back to the situation at hand.
 
“Shiva! Diamond Dust!” Yunie shouted.
 
The ice Aeon held out her hand…millions of ice crystals surrounded Anima in a thick layer of ice. The woman held out her hand and in a leisurely way, snapped her fingers.
 
Dark Anima was destroyed into thousands of pieces. Dark Anima screeched to the sky and disappeared, freeing all the souls that were imprisoned inside.
 
Before Seymour could react, he was attack by all weapons at once. The guardian team had proven to be formidable this time around. Seymour fell to the ground, breathing hard.
 
“Damn you…” he breathed. “Damn you all to hell!” He disappeared then reappeared with Anzu in his arms.
 
“Anzu!” Yugi raced for them but they vanished before he could get close.
 
“This is not the last time, Summoner!” Seymour's voice rang through the heavens. “I will become Sin! With or without your help!!!”
 
The dark clouds slowly dispersed, revealing glorious sunlight. The summoner group looked at one another.
 
They had beaten Seymour to the ground…
 
“Alright!!!” Jou jumped into the air as everyone shouted their joy. There were hugs all around, even Seito and Bakura had joined them in everyone's joy.
 
Marik was the first to come to Yunie. She smiled at him and he smiled back.
 
“I told you…” She giggled. “You're a good guardian…”
 
Marik chuckled. “And you're a great summoner…”
 
She frowned. “One question though…how did you guys get here so fast? It would've surely taken you all hours to get here.”
 
Marik grinned. “We flew…” A rather loud sound started to come closer toward them. Marik pointed to the sky. “On that.”
 
The thing that came toward them looked nothing like an airplane. It was more like a ship…The large, ring on the back was obviously the fan that kept it afloat…it was magnificent!
 
The airship parked near the roof and everyone hopped onto the ship. A hull door opened, revealing two familiar women.
 
“Auntie Riku! Pain!” Yunie shouted as Marik helped her onto the airship. “But…how…?”
 
“Gullwings kid…” Pain replied with a grin. “Now…where we headed?”
 
Yunie laughed and hugged them both mercilessly. They were alive!
 
It seemed everything around her was now at peace.
 
At least for now.
 
 
 
 
Read and review please! Onward to the next chapter!
Next time: A love confession under the Sakura Tree