Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ Sakura Petals ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright! TWO CHAPTERS!!! WHO HOOO!!! This is a fluff chapter so I hope you guys like it! I know I do
 
Disclaimers: I do not own Yugioh or the Final Fantasy Series
 
 
 
 
Chapter 26
 
Sakura Petals
 
They had decided as a group to head back to Japan, specifically the Hokkaido Island. Ishizu had explained to them that the island had been deemed Gullwing territory. The entire island was protected by the monsters that roomed free everywhere else. It was considered a refugee island; those that had been saved by the monsters were taken there. The summoner group thought it would be a nice…vacation of a sort…
 
Now they were situated in a village outside of Sapporo where they were told they wouldn't be bothered by anyone which was fine with them. It gave them all a chance to relax.
 
And train of course.
 
After the battle with Seymour, they all decided to train…the strange attacks that both Marik and Seito had lain upon Seymour were amazing…Perhaps they all had a strange power in themselves…This would be a good time to activate it…
 
It had been two days now…Marik had just taken a shower after his sparring with Bakura. He hadn't seen Yunie since they came here…and all that time he hadn't had the courage to tell her his true feelings.
 
He figured if he didn't do it now, he would regret it later.
 
He walked into a nearby forest made mostly of pine and some Sakura trees which had bloom to perfection. Yugi had told him the Sakura festival was coming up…and that they should celebrate it before going back to their mission. The others readily agreed.
 
After walking for a few minutes, he found himself in a field of Sakura trees and in the middle of this field…was Yunie. The wind caused petals to softly fall around her like snow. She laughed as one fell on her nose.
 
The sight made Marik's heart skip a beat.
 
“Marik!” Her voice made him break his stare and he walked over to her. She smiled as he came close. “These trees are so beautiful…We never had these kinds of trees where I'm from…”
 
Marik smiled. “Me either…” Silence fell between them. “Yunie? Can I…Can I talk to you?”
 
Yunie smiled. “Sure…” They sat under a Sakura tree. The wind had stopped blowing through the trees. “What do you want to talk about?”

Marik was at a loose for words. How could he tell her how he felt? Would she ignore him? No…she wouldn't do that…She cared for him as well…but did she…?
 
“You know…When I first saw you, Marik…I felt a little…embarrassed…” Yunie confessed.
 
“Embarrassed? Why were you embarrassed?” He asked.
 
She giggled. “Because I was with my Auntie…” She sighed. “I thought that you, and the others of course, would see me as a weak, little girl.”
 
“I never thought that…” Marik replied. “I figured you were just as confused as the rest of us…” He frowned. “Well…I guess I wasn't all there truthfully…I was still depressed at past mistakes…”
 
She blushed. “I uh…thought you were cute…”
 
He blushed as well. “R…really…Um…”
 
Silence fell over them again. Marik blew a Sakura petal out of his face. He turned his eyes toward Yunie who had leaned against the Sakura tree. The tree and the petals around her painted a peaceful picture in his mind…
 
“Beautiful…” The word came out of his mouth before he could think. Yunie turned to him and blushed.
 
“Marik?” Her eyes widened and her blush reddened. “Mokuba…”
 
“What's he saying?”
 
She laughed nervously. “Uh…well…” The ground suddenly looked interesting now. “He said…He said if we don't kiss soon he's going to kick our butts.”
 
Marik paused then smiled. Gently he raised her head with his hand. Their eyes met.
 
“I guess we shouldn't anger him then…huh?”
 
Yunie smiled. “No…I guess not.” Then she frowned. “Marik…I…”
 
His smile saddened. “Shhh…I know…” He moved closer…
 
And their lips met.
 
A gust of wind blew around them, creating a curtain of Sakura petals. This was their time, their moment…
 
His hand touched her cheek and felt wetness there. He moved away from her…tears had fallen from her eyes.
 
“I don't want to die…” she whispered in sadness. “Marik…I…want to stay with you…”
 
“I know…” He embraced her.
 
“They told me not to cry…but I can't help it…” she said through tears. “I…I love you…”
 
Marik smiled…It felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders…
 
“I love you too…”
 
They stayed that way for quite a while before they silently stood. Hand in hand, they headed back toward the little village, not really caring what the others thought once they got there.
 
And when they did, the others did indeed stare. Bakura snorted.
 
“About damn time…”
 
Marik's eyes widened. “You…You all knew!?”
 
The thief rolled his eyes. “Please…it was obvious…”
 
Yugi grinned. “Congratulations! Did you kiss yet?”
 
Marik and Yunie looked at each other then quickly turned away; a deep blush crept up their necks to their cheeks. There was good humored laughter all around…and as the night sky began to show itself, they celebrated the Sakura Festival well into the night and the rest of the next day. Stories and drinks were passed around a camp fire…There was even a small duel monsters battle between Yami and Seito while Yunie taught the others how to play Sphere Break.
 
Life was perfect…the world was perfect to them…
 
It was a time they would treasure forever...
 
 
 
 
Read and Review guys!