Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ How to Locate an Aeon ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here it is guys, the next chapter! :D Yay!!!! I'm working on chapter 28 as we speak. Hope you like this one!
Disclaimers: I do not own Yugioh or the final fantasy series!!!
WARNING: There is a slight spoiler in this one. It's about Anima. If you don't know about Anima, skip this chapter.
 
Chapter 27
How to Locate an Aeon
 
“We have to WHAT!?” Bakura screamed over the campfire; all around covered their ears.
“We're on our own on the last three Aeons…” Yunie said once more. “The others said that the last three are up to us…They won't help…at all…”
Upon their last night in the little village, they discussed what was to happen next…According to the counter, they needed three more Aeons…Yunie tried asking the current collection for advice…And they gave no answer in return.
The summoner group was literary on their own…
“What if you called them like you did Mokuba?” Yugi suggested.
Yunie shook her head. “I have tried, but either we're too far from their resting place…or it doesn't work…”
Yami raised an eyebrow. “I take it their resting place is the location in which they died, correct?” Yunie nodded. “It seems we must find these locations first…or the general vicinity of it before it is possible to contact them.”
Ryou stared at Yunie. “Do you know who they were…before they were Aeons?”
The Summoner sighed. “Well…From what I was told by my Auntie…Yojimbo was a warrior with a pet dog, they both perished during a war. The Magus Sisters died together from starvation.” She frowned. “And Anima…” She stared at them all. “Anima is Seymour's mother…”
The air grew cold…The fire moved from the wind…All was silent.
“Anima is…”
Yunie nodded. “He had turned her into the final Aeon before battling Sin…No one knows what happened after that…” She frowned. “I don't know what they were called when they were alive…I'm sorry…”
Jou placed a hand on her shoulder and carried a large grin on his face. “No big deal…we'll figure dis one out together…”
“Were you told where Yuna found these last three Aeons?” Marik asked her. “Maybe if we found a map and compared to the present…”
Yugi jumped up for joy. “That's it! I'll go ask the Gullwings if they have a map of Spira!” He raced away.
The Pharaoh rubbed his chin in thought. “It could prove difficult, but it is possible it could work…Do you recall anyone telling you where Yuna found the others?”
Yunie paused for a moment. “Well…I…Think so…It's been so long…” She frowned. “But I don't know about a map…I wouldn't know the Calm Lands from Besaid…”
Yami smiled. “Perhaps you do not need to know…” He held out a card to her. “I do not need to know which monster is upon this card…I can sense it by mere touch. Perhaps you can do the same…”
“If that's true then we wouldn't NEED a map of Spira…” Seito replied.
As her guardians discussed ways of finding the final three Aeons, Yunie was a bit…nervous…Could she really find the other three by merely touching a map? There was no connection! There had to be a connection…
A hand touching her face made her thoughts stop and turn her head to stare at Marik. He must have sensed her apprehension…
“You can do this…” He told her. “I know you can…Yami can help…”
Yunie sighed. “Alright…I will try…” then she smiled and took his hand. “Thank you…”
He smiled back. “No thanks needed.”
“Alright love connection over!” Bakura's voice broke the couple's small moment together. Apparently Yugi had returned with a map…But it wasn't a map of Spira. It was a map of the present world.
Yugi frowned. “Ishizu said they didn't have any maps of Spira…”
“No problem…” Jou patted his back. “Dis one is good enough.”
They all went inside one of the homes in the village. Ryou and Yugi lit lamps while the map was situated in the center of the room.
“Yunie please come here.” Yami said as he sat near the large map. Yunie sat beside him. Everyone else sat against the wall, giving the two some room. Yami looked over at his comrades. “Which Aeon should we go after first?”
Jou raised his hand. “I vote for da dog dude…” All stared at him. “What? He sounds cool!”
“I say we go for the most powerful and get that over with…” Seito concurred.
“And risk Yunie's life? Hell no!” Bakura crossed his arms. “We've come too damn far to get her killed…She needs to get stronger before handling the strongest…you stupid priest…”
As Seito glared at him, Yami frowned.
“As much as I hate to say this, but the Tomb Robber is correct…” He turned to Yunie. “Of the three, which would be labeled the easiest to bear?”
“Yojimbo…” Yunie replied. “Besides, from my understanding, he was first…”
Yami nodded. “Very well we will start with Yojimbo. Give me your hand…” She stared at him with a confused look. “You will more than likely need some shadow magic to do this…so I will lend some of mine to you…Have no fear I will not give you much.” She took his hand. “We will try to do this quickly…combining even the smallest amount of dark magic with light magic can be very dangerous…”
Marik wanted to shout no; anything to stop this from happening…it meant Yunie might get hurt...
“She'll be fine idiot…” Bakura knew what Marik had been thinking. “The Pharaoh isn't stupid…”
Said Pharaoh rolled his eyes. “Thank you for that compliment now be quiet…All of you.” He turned to Yunie. “Place your other hand upon the map…and think of Yojimbo. The moment you feel his presence anywhere, let us know…”
The Summoner stared at the magic user for a moment then nodded and took a deep breath. She placed her right hand upon the outstretched map and closed her eyes.
Instantly she felt strange…it was as if something had slithered into her very being…Something dark…it was small but still there. It took all her will power to ignore its haunting call.
“Yunie!” It was Yami's voice that broke the light trance the dark magic had on her. She had to find Yojimbo and fast…Quickly she moved her hand around the paper, Yojimbo on her mind. She tried to picture him in his Aeon form, looking haunting and deadly all the same with a trusted dog at his side.
The darkness was started to grow a little bolder now, touching her soul…Though it did help with the boost, it almost felt as if the darkness was trying to consume her. There was shouting, she knew there was shouting because it sounded far off in the distance. She realized she needed to move faster…the Darkness was coming…
Just a little more…
There!
She found herself lying on her back, everything fuzzy. Concerned voices rushed through her mind as everything started to get clearer. The Aeons within her were already making repairs to her soul…What had happened?
<Summoner…> That was Bahamut's voice…It was in her head. <Do not do that again.> And it sounded…pissed.
“Thank goodness you're okay!” Yugi's image became clear as did everything else. She tried to say something but Yugi shook his head. “Don't…You need to relax…so don't try to move anything…” He pouted in worry. “You collapsed a few minutes into the search…” His pout turned into a grin. “But we found Yojimbo! So take it easy okay?”
She wanted to know what had happened…The Aeons felt as though they wanted to rip Yami to shreds…Was it because he had given her dark magic?
“I suppose Mokuba wants to eat my guts at the moment…” That was Yami and his face appeared above her. “I am sorry…I did not expect the darkness to flow so smoothly…It took Bakura and me to stop it from consuming you…”
Oh…she thought…so that's what happened…
“The darkness must have felt the presence of the Aeons…” Yami explained to her. “I knew it would and expected the Aeons to be alert…However I did not expect the darkness…wanting to consume them like that…” He seemed to look past her eyes and straight at the Aeons. “You left us without any choice you know…What were we to do?”
She felt Mokuba's frown…Yami did have a point. They were out of options without the help of the Aeons. In fact, the Aeons concluded that it was mostly their fault...But the summoner group had to locate the final three Aeons by themselves…That was the rule.
“Perhaps Yojimbo will be more…helpful…” Yami crossed his arms. “Agreed?”
The Aeons definitely agreed…Yojimbo will help them where the other Aeons could not…Yunie felt their tempers dwindle as they continued their repairs.
Marik's face appeared above her this time. He held a gentle smile on his face.
“I think you need to sleep…” He said.
<Agreed….> Again that was Bahamut. <Sleep our Summoner…You will need it…>
Her eyelids began to grow heavy…She heard Yami's voice before drifting off into a deep slumber.
“Our journey starts again tomorrow morning…In the Forbidden City… In China.”
 
Next Time: A Warrior's Journey
Read and Review Please!