Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ After the End ❯ Galbadia Garden ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After the End

~~

A/N: Ok, this is being posted now, but before another one is posted, or even written, I'd like at least 2 more reviews. Please? If you like the story, of course you'll do it!

~~

Disclaimer: Square own FF8 and I own Erin and Aires.

~~

Chapter 12: Galbadia Garden

Erin felt the train stop as she waited for the door to open. Her and Seifer, along with Squall, Rinoa, and Selphie, had all come back to the main compartment.

`We have now arrived at Galbadia Garden.'

After the announcement finished, the doors opened. First out was Ma Dincht, followed by Zell, and then Selphie, Irvine, Quistis, Aires, Erin, Seifer, Rinoa, Squall, Laguna, Ward, and Kiros. As they all stepped onto the platform, they noticed a few Galbadian students lingering around. The train soon left, probably on it's wait to Deling City or back to the destroyed Balamb.

"Now what?" Erin asked.

"Erin, remember that one rule? Well, we didn't go to Balamb, so I guess we go to Galbadia and tell Headmaster Martine what happened, and see if we can get a hold of Headmaster Cid," explained Aires.

"Right… Well, let's get going to Galbadia!" stated Erin, and walked down the stairs, closely followed by the others.

They soon were off of the platform and on their way to Galbadia Garden. The only monsters they ran into were weak and quickly disposed of.

When they finally reached the front gates of Galbadia, everyone was getting extremely tired, and it was getting extremely late. The group quickly went back to the Headmasters office, with a lot of help from Quistis. When they finally opened the doors back to his office, Erin and Aires felt like they were going to collapse.

"Excuse me? Headmaster Martine?" Quistis asked.

The headmaster turned around, revealing it to be Martine, as everyone had suspected. "Why hello Quistis! Quite the crowd you've gathered here. How may I help you?"

"Aires, go ahead and explained what happened," Quistis stated.

"She's not the only one who was there," said Ma Dincht, "I was there also. I'll fill in what I know, which isn't very much. All I know is that earlier today, Balamb was under attack, and most, if not all, houses collapsed."

"Well, I know this much. I was visiting my parents at Balamb, and then suddenly, our house started to collapse. My parents protected me, and died doing so, and left me with only a few scratches to remember it by. I thought no one was ever going to come, but my sister, Erin, came and found me, and the two of us got out of there," explained Aires.

"I know that when I was trying to get in there, my house was a mess. Even just to make a hole big enough for me to get through was a challenge," stated Erin, "The rest of the town is a mess, but from the looks of it, my house was the worse."

"Yes, thank you. Why didn't you just go back to Balamb and report it to Cid?" asked Martine.

"Because, we were in such a hurry, that all any of us could think of was getting some sleep, but the hotel had collapsed, so we ended up taking the train here," explained Irvine.

"Irvine Kinneas? Oh yes, Cid told me that you had become a SeeD at Balamb Garden," Martine realized.

"Well, we were wondering… Do you think we might be able to contact Headmaster Cid and tell him what happened?" Erin asked.

"Yes, I think that would be best. Hold on, let me set up a link to Balamb Garden," stated Martine, and walked over to the back of the room. He grabbed something out of a cabinet, and brought it back to the group. When he set it down, Erin realized it was a communicator. Martine pressed a few buttons, and a blue screen popped up while they waited for someone at Balamb Garden to answer.

~~

Xu heard some kind of ringing noise while she was up at the headmaster's office. Cid looked in a cabinet and found it to be his communicator. He set it on the desk, and pressed the `Receive' button. A screen popped up, showing Martine.

"Cid, I think I have some people that would like to talk with you," Martine said, and turned the communicator around to face the group.

Erin walked up to communicator, saluted, and started to talk. "Headmaster, earlier today, Balamb was attacked. I have two people who can tell you some details," Erin said.

She stepped back, whispered something to another girl, and then turned around. An older lady walked up and started to talk to Cid.

"Hello Headmaster, it's been a while, and if you forgot, I'm Zell's Ma," Ma Dincht stated.

`How could I forget,' Cid thought to himself.

"Well, like Erin said, earlier today, Balamb was attacked. By what, I don't know. I just know that I was in my family room, and most of the house started to collapse. I fell to the floor, and Zell eventually found me," explained Ma Dincht, before stepping back.

`Looks like I need to raise Zell's rank for that,' Cid thought.

~~

Erin whispered into Aires' ear after Ma Dincht finished, then stepped back to give her sister some room.

`Well, here goes nothing,' Aires thought, walking up to the communicator.

Aires saluted, and then started to speak. "Headmaster, as you know, I asked for leave yesterday so that I would be able to go and visit my parents in Balamb today. Well, while I was there visiting, the house started to all-of-a-sudden collapse. My parents pulled me down to the ground and protected me. They died doing do," explained Aires.

~~

Cid gasped in shock, but let Aires continue.

"Well, I managed to pull free from under them. When I heard a voice, I yelled to let them know I was ok. It was Erin," Aires continued her explanation as Erin walked up slowly behind her.

"I was able to find my sister after much digging. The entrance was buried in heavy rubble, and only was I actually able to get in with the help of Seifer," explained Erin.

`Well, I guess Seifer deserves a rank raise,' Cid thought.

"Well, as I was crawling through the rubble, much of it had to be pushed out of my way, I called out for my family. I heard Aires reply, and then I pressed forward, hoping that my family was all right," Erin explained.

"When Erin finally found me, I had been pushing away some rubble so that she could find me. We talked shortly, I explained to her that our parents died protecting me, and we climbed out," stated Aires.

"We had been pulling away more rubble, as Erin had requested. We had managed to get a bigger hole into the destroyed house," explained Squall, who had finally spoken up.

~~

"Aires and I were able to climb out of the destroyed house. We tried to go to the hotel, but that was destroyed," stated Erin.

"So, not thinking, we headed for the train station, hoping that it was still in tact, which in fact, it was," Zell said.

~~

"Thank you all, and I do realize why you didn't come back here. It would be dark soon, and you know how dangerous it is to be outside in the dark, with the T-Rexaur's roaming mostly at night," Cid stated.

"Yes sir, we did run into a T-Rexaur on our way to Balamb," said Selphie.

"Ok then. Zell, Erin, and Seifer. I have raised each of your ranks by 1 for your helping out. Rest for tonight, and come back up to Headmaster Martine's office so we can talk about what to do tomorrow. We don't know where it's going to strike next, but I'll get our SeeD's ready for battle now," explained Cid, closing the connection.

~~

"Well, you heard him, sleep here for tonight. You are always welcome here," Martine stated, then pressed the button for the PA system.

"I need Miss Shaina and Mr. Soran to come to my office," explained Martine.

5 minutes later, in walked to Galbadia Garden trainees. "I want you two to escort these people to some empty dorm rooms. Shaina, you take the girls, and Soran, you take the guys. You are dismissed."

They all walked out and went down to the dorm section of the garden. Shaina showed the girls to their dorms, after Erin and Aires specifically requested to be together. They were the last girls to be dropped off, and they ended up in a 3-bed room, which was apparently Shaina's room. The guys, the same happened, expect Laguna, Ward, and Kiros ended up in a 3-bed room, Soran explaining that he had his own personal room, and that he'd be `in touch' in the morning.

~~

~~

~~

A/N: Like I said before, I just need 2 more reviews, and I'll write the next chapter! No if, ands, or buts!