Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Ashes Can Dance ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Teii skipped along the streets of Luca. Her bright smile shined through-out the streets. She held a bright colored blitzball firmly to her side. A scar of the mark "13" she had cut into her arm earlier that day. Teii found the number 13 amusing, for many reasons such as this number was badluck to others but had always been good luck for her.

"You're my little blitzball star, ya?"

A loving voice said soflty to Teii.

"Yep, yep! Right-o papa!"

Teii jumped into Wakka; her father's arms.

"Whoa-ho-ho-ho! Easy girl... I'm gettin' old."

Teii giggled.

"But never too old to blitz ya papa?"

"Right kiddo!"

Teii felt safe with Wakka. She had found herself hoping every night that he'd come back home to Deli. He didn't enjoy lving life there. There was no blitzball and he really didn't agree with any other Al Bhed aside from Rikku. Rikku's father, Cid the leader of the Al Bhed had passed away before the Al Bhed Religion and the Religion of Yevon had become one, the New Yevon under High Summoner Yuna's rule.

Rikku soon became the leader of the Al Bhed and the moved to there new and hopefully final home in Deli.

"You're zonin' Before the game... Ya know the rules Teii!"

Wakka looked down at his daughter in his arms.

"...Sorry papa... I know, I know... Keep your mind on the game.."

Wakka laughed and hugged Teii tight.

"Is this a good luck hug?"

"Why yes Teii.. And here's a good luck kiss for a winner!"

Wakka leaned over and kissed Teii on the forehead.

"Papa! Blitzer don't get good luck kisses!"

Teii whined hoping no one else would see this.

"Plus papa... I'm 15! I'm too old for kisses!"

"I used to get good luck kisses..."

Wakka smiled softly.

"From who papa?"

"Your mother, Rikku..."

Teii made a gag-face.

"Yuck..."

Wakka laughed and gave Teii a loving look.

"You ready to blitz, Teii?"

Teii stretched quickly and nodded.

"That's my girl!"

Teii spun the blitzball she had under her arm on her fingers.

"But, uh.. dad?"

"Ya, Teii?"

"Who are we playing..?"

Wakka stood there clueless for a few seconds then the thought hit him in the head.

"The Al Bhed Choas'... vs..."

Teii stood there getting more and more excited by the second.

"The... Luca Faiths!"

Teii's lips curled into a smirk.

"Like it matters, ya? I'm going to kick thier rear ends

into hell anyways, ya?"

"Right-o kiddo!"

Wakka smiled to Teii having all faith knowing his daughter would win it for sure.

"Can we go kick some Luca ass?"

"Ya! That's my girl Teii!"

Teii gave Wakka a quick smile and shot off to the dressing room to change into the Choas' bliter outfit.

Slowly Teii wrapped up her red and blonde locks of hair into two tight buns onto of her head. Teii slipped her loose black tanktop off and slowly upclipped her buckle to her short green shorts and pulled them down and off.

Dropping the un-needed items off to the side Teii grabbed her blitzball outfit out of her locker. She reached in pushing smelly socks and sweatshirts to the floor.

Finally reaching her goal; her white blitzball bag. Hastily she unzipped the bag and yanked out her baggy yellow pants, then her blue and yellow tank top.

In a rush, Teii got dressed after falling all over the locker-room floor fighting with her blitzer outfit.

"Last call.. Last call for blitzers to get to the sphere pool!"

Teii heard the caller's voice echo through the halls and the locker-room.

Grabbing her lucky blitzball Teii rushed out of the locker-room out to the sphere pool.

The booming roar of the crowd rang out in Teii's ears. A little smirk crossed Teii's lips as she walked to the side of the sphere pool. She watched the Luca Faiths warm up in the sphere pool; they were good, but not anything for Teii to worry about.

"Blitzers please enter the pool now."

On that sound everyone on Teii's team leaped into the pool.

"Let's blitz..."

Teii's smirk grew wider. She clipped up her pants and made sure eveything was in place, then drove into the pool with ease. The water slid over Teii's body as she swam through the water. She quickly took her spot and glared at Luca Faith across from her, only to gain a smirk in return.

"BLITZOFF!"

Teii shot off after the ball and knocked into the Faith her was glaring at and send her right out of the sphere pool.

'Take that bitch!'

She quickly passed to Alenni; she was a tall blonde always with a smile, but in the pool blitzing her was as nasty as a Shopuff with fleas.

Alenni caught the ball and flipped in the water sending it to Maiki; she kept the team together, bossy and pushy, but a good friend anyway. Maiki caught the ball with ease and flipped around heading to the goal gaining a cheering roar from the crowds watching.

'Do these stairs ever end..? I wonder what a real blitz game is like.. That damn Tida only let me watch it on spheres..'

Zid kept complaining to himself as he climbed to the stairs to the stands of the Blitzball Dome. His eyes widen as he stared out to the people in the stands.

'Score!'

Zid smirked to himself.

'I got rid of Kyra and now I get to see a real blitz game.'

Zid took a seat in the first row.

'I wonder if Kyra is okay...'

Zid's mind wandered from the game back to his old home, until his eyes crossed the young Teii; who had just scored a goal. His mind went blank, all he could think about was the young red-blonde head blitzer.

'I have to meet that girl...'

Teii flipped over a person trying to tackle her and quickly scored another goal. Every move Teii made made Zid's heart beat faster and faster. He could only think of her, only think of meeting her.

'I... I... I gotta find out her name...'

Soon a voice coming over the speakers made Zid jump.

"Blitzer Teii scores again for the Al Bhed Chaos!"

'Teii... Huh?'

Zid smiled softly and watched the ending to the blitz-game.

Each of the the Blitzer girls got out of the pool and shook the water out of their hair. Teii unwrapped her loose buns of hair and dropped down her long hair, then shook it out. This sent chills up Zid's back, making him forget his vow never to love.

"We did good, ya?"

Teii smiled to the rest of her team making Zid quiver at the sound of her voice. Quickly he jumped up from his seat and ran to the railing near Teii and the rest of the team.

"Hey.. Teii right?"

Zid asked looking at Teii.

"Uh.. Sorry fan boy I know I'm great but um.."

Teii smirked and Zid smiled to her.

"But yes... Teii?"

"But... I don't dig guys with drool hanging off the side of their mouth.."

Teii flipped her hair over her right shoulder, causing little droplets of water to splash on Zid's face.

"Uh... Pfft... Fine... Bitch.."

Zid glared at Teii who just giggled. The rest of the team left Teii and Zid standing there to talk alone.

"You got spunk, ya?"

Teii smiled to him.

"I guess..."

Zid blushed only to gain another giggle from Teii. Soon the flirting and laughed stopped as a gun shot and screaming rang out.

"God.. What was that...?"

Zid jumped over the rail and put a hand on the hilt of his sword.

"I'll protect you Teii!"

"No need... Uh.. What's your name?"

"Zid."

"No need Zid."

Teii smirked and picked up a blitzball.

"Uh... Sorry girl but that weak rubber shit ball isn't going to help you here."

Teii sighed.

"Boys..."

She placed a hand on the blitzball and pulled a small red hook on it causing sharp spikes to come out of the ball.

"See.. Watch and learn... I can fight... Kinda.."

Teii got into a fighting stance and readied her-self to fight.

'Heh.. She's a lot better then Kyra already...'

Teii nodded to Zid and the run up the stairs of the blitz-dome to where they heard the shot sound go off.

Teii's eyes saden at the sight of blood dripping down out from under the door of the top box; like a waterfall.

"T-That's... Where my father is!!"

Zid looked over at her.

"What..?"

"....My father is in there..."

Teii bowed her head for a second then took off up the stairs to the top box. Using all her energy she shoved into the door knocking it down and looked at the blood covered floor.

Her eyes dimed with hate then sadness. Laying in his own blood was Teii's father; Wakka. He lay shot through the back of the head face down on the floor, hiden by his own blood.

"Dad.." Teii knelt down by Wakka's side.

Zid joined Teii at her side and put an arm around her shoulder.

"Who did this...?" Teii asked; knowing there would be no answer.

"I dunno..."

Zid's eyes dimmed out from seeing the pain Teii was in.

"Teii.. I'm sorry.."

"Don't be it wasn't your fault... But I will find who did this."

She shot up on her feet making Zid fall back a little.

"And I will kill them."

Her eyes lost all hope and shine in them.

"...." Zid stared at her; confused.

"I swear it.. Zid I need your help! Please."

"With...?"

"Teach me how to fight, better. I must know how to beat them! Teach me everything you know!"

Teii's eyes pleaed with him, making him go weak in the knees.

"I.. I'll do my best Teii."

"Thank you!"

Teii jumped into Zid's arm and hugged him tight. Slowly he felt his shirt get wet from the tears pouring down Teii's eyes. All Zid could do was hold her close.