Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Ashes ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
I have finally come around to writing the promised ORIGINAL fiction I have hinted about in my profile a while back and as usual, I tend try to create fiction that is original and not cliche. I promise you, my dear readers, this is worth the time to read. Comments and critique are welcome, but if you’re going to flame it, by all means: Go right ahead. I had no doubt in my mind that I will return the favor, so don’t bother trying. Thank you all for taking time to look into this.
***
Ashes
Prologue
It began to snow...ash whirled through the smoke polluted heavens as the planets hero’s rose from the filthy ground. The night sky glowed with a slight emerald green shimmer. Life stream had risen up against Meteor, and combined with Holy, and in doing so, the planet had survived near certain disaster.
Burnt skeletal trees stood barren among the burning embers and the shattered metropolis of what was once known as Midgar stood bare like a blank cemetery; A memory of what once was.
One man stood above the others, a woman at his feet staring at the scene along with him while the ashes fell silently from the black heavens. It was deathly quiet as if peace had fallen over the land after a long struggle of war...this was the end and the beginning.
A lonesome cry wailed through the remnants of the city and the man whipped around, his jagged blonde hair falling into his icy clear blue eyes as he searched in the direction it came from. The woman stood, her brown tendrils escaping its weave and her green eyes wide with curiosity and suspense. She watched the warrior eagerly run into the crumbling black city; his silhouette merging with the darkness cascaded among the rubble.
AVALANCHE followed their leader and ran not far behind only to find him kneeled over a bundle wrapped in brown leather. The blonde man stood and turned around, his coarse yet warm hands carefully holding a child no more then a week old. The woman gasped and ran over to his side and peered down upon the babe.
In his arms lay a little girl with eyes blood red and hair of silver silk. Her pale hands reached up and grabbed a hold of Cloud’s thumb and she gurgled a content noise.
“Ashes...her name will be Ashes.” Cloud whispered as he looked back up into the sky watching each flake of ash fall quietly down to earth.
***
Yes the woman is Aerith...you’re wondering why she isn’t dead eh? Well you’ll understand if you read my first story called: Secrets of a Locked Heart which unfortunately is in the works.