Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Final Fantasy 7
Rating: K
Warnings: none
Spoilers: none
Word Count(without the above): 496
 
Another couples collection, this time its my most favorite couple, AerithxZack. Its rather sad there are
only 2 pages dedicated to them.
 
Home
 
Aerith huffed, climbing up the moonlit hill, her skirts gathered in an attempt to keep them from getting dirty. She faltered her foot slipping on a rock that projected from the side of the hill, and there went the skirts she had tried so hard to keep crisp, the rose and cream now covered with grass stains. She let out a frustrated sigh and hauled herself back up, she would hear it from her mother later on when she returned home, but now, it was just her and Zack.
 
She looked up, Zack was already at the top of the hill, clearing the area of rubble, fanning a blanket out before laying it down and smoothing any bumps from it. She didn't know why they had to come all the way from Midgar to a lone hill near the chocobo ranch there where no stars out, and the full moon was rising in the distance. However, she was with Zack, and one didn't question him much, you where liable to get some strange answer.
 
That must have been why she loved him, he was different from the other guys, well at least Tseng. He was nice and gentle, not pushy like many men in Midgar, a tad childish compared to men she had seen; but that might have been his way of dealing with the pressures of working for ShinRa. Most of all Zack was trustworthy and would never let any harm befall Aerith.
 
“Don't want to miss it do we?” Zack smiled at her taking her hand in his, leading her safely to the top. Aerith glanced about, it seemed they where not the only ones that had traveled to the hill that night. Every where there where couples, many gathered down by the beach.
 
“Zack?”
 
“Shh....” He turned his back on the young flower girl, shuffling around behind her. Aerith sat down on the blanket, waiting for whatever had brought them out to this hill by the beach with hundreds of other couples on the night of the full moon. “Make a wish.”
 
“What?” She glanced up at him eyeing the large paper lantern he held in his hands. He smiled as she stood up facing him, “Uh, okay, I ..um-”
 
“Close your eyes and don't say it out loud. It won't come true.” Aerith noddded, closed her eyes and took the lantern as Zack handed it to her. A smiled graced her lips as she held it up, allowing it to join the others as they glided threw the sky like shooting stars.
 
Together atop the hill they stood; the handsome young knight, and beside him, surrounded by his loving arms and the stars that drifted threw the heavens, was the beautiful princess.
 
Maybe wishes do come true.
 
A/N: I really love this paring, everything about it. Anyways, the thing they are celebrating is the Loi Krathong Festival, or Yi Peng as it is known in Northern Thailand, it is a festival to pay respect to the River spirits. Also,I could see Zack being Aerith's knight, coming to her rescue and fighting for her, in a way he does it, I think he would treat her like a princess, to an extent. The title....I'm not very fond of it, maybe it means Aerith belongs with Zack? I don't know...
 
So tell me what you think! Please review!