Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Celestial Embrace: The Perfect Sin ❯ The Battlefield Awaits ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

The Battlefield Awaits


Sin had grasped hold of a large double blade weapon half the size of herself. Her lips curved up into a smirk pleased with the weapon in her hands. Sky on the other hand had brought a weapon of her own. Sky had unsheathed a large sword much like her father's called the "Inferno", a name sky had picked out for it.


Sin stood back in line next to Sky awaiting her turn in the training course. She stood silently admiring the General Sephiroth from where she stood. Through her mind ran several lost thoughts of her own opinion of the young general. He defienatly isn't bad looking...but he seems so cold and uncaring. I only wish I could... Though such as those constantly ran through her mind. Meanwhile Sky had just been called up.

Sky approached Sephiroth seeming smug about the training rounds.


"You don't have to start slow with me I've used this weapon thousands of times" She smirked looking to the General


"Alright then." Sephiroth nodded his head. " I would expect such from the daughter of Cloud"


Sky and Sephiroth began seemly to duel more then they were training. Sin sat watching the fight cheering on her friend Sky on but still secretly looking to the general in admiration. Sephiroth oftenly would strike harder with the Masasume but Sky would still block it. The two finally ceased the battle when a fireball had shoot from Sky's hand. Soldiers all stared at her in disbelief but sky quickly cam up with and excuse
"err..DRAGON!!...Behind you!!!" She shouted


Most of the soldiers stood looking behind them. While Sephiroth just raised a brown and turned to pick his next trainee.


"You there!" Sephiroth shouted out to Sin


"Uh yes sir?" Sin asked snapping back to reality


"Get you ass up here!!" He demanded.


Sin quickly obeyed the order and walked up to Sephiroth. He looked to her and her choice of weapon.


" Do you know how to use that?" He questioned Sin to find where the two would have to start off.


"Yes I know how to use it, but not very well" She responded nervously.


Sephiroth nodded his head and began showing Sin how two use the double blade. After that he began showing her how to block strikes and jabs made at her with the weapon. They too soon began to duel as Sky and he had done earlier in the day. Afterwards Sin walked back to her spot in line as Sephiroth finished training the last of the recruits.


Sephiroth looked to the recruits and smirked "It may be a bit too early for some of you, but our first battle will begin tomorrow morning. All of you grab your equipment and any supplies needed and get into the trucks." Sephiroth turned walking to his truck which had already been packed up for him.


Sin sat in the truck next to Sky and Solar both seeming as nervous as she was. Though Sky seemed more excited the nervous about their first battle. Solar sat sharpening the tips of her arrows as Sin looked down to the double blade in her hand. Suddenly a though struck her and she turned to Sky.


"Did that fireball from earlier really come from you??" She asked looking to Sky.


" Errr...uh..." Sky sighs "Well I guess I can trust you with this" Sky held out out her palm in front of Sin. Soon a small flame sparked. Sky immediately closed her fingers around the flame to hide it from all others.


"Oh my..." Sin murmured to herself. "Well umm would you life a drink of water?" She changed subjects holding the canister to Sky.


"No thanks" Sky immediately replied.


Sin the turned and held the canister up to Solar who looked at it blankly for a moment. Solar snatched the canister and sipped a bit of water from the container. As Solar gulped down the water small bolts of electricity began to shoot from her lips. Sin eyes widen as Sky nudged Solar in the gut. Solar whipped her head around to Sky who pointed to her mouth. Solar instantly slapped her hand over her lower face.


Sin looks at Solar in disbelief "What in the hell was that?!"


"Well you know how I have the power of fire. She is has the power of electricity and water does that to her. It happens a lot" Sky snickers.


An hour later the truck Sky, Sin, and Solar had been sitting in comes to a halt. The 3 of them stepped out of the vehicle to see the battle field lying before them.