Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Celestial Embrace: The Perfect Sin ❯ The Cry of Battle ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 - The Cry of Battle


Sin could see down into the valley where the battle would take place. On the other side of the field were the enemies camp site. She could see the army already lined up and prepared for battle ahead. Sin walked to a spot in the middle line next to Sky. Both of them dressed in heavy silver and bronze armor, and they both carried their choice of weapon in hand.


Sin turned her head to Sky "Sky you take one side while I take another. A sure way to make sure we both survive this."


Sky grinned evilly "You got it! I'll kick every one of their asses!!"


Sin shrugged and turned to looked to the General.


* * * * * * *

Sephiroth stood with the front line. At his side another silver haired man stood. The man was smaller then Sephiroth but was body wise built almost exactly like him. The unknown man turned to Sephiroth


"Brother are you sure the troops are ready?!" The man questioned


"Lloyd I am sure of it I trained them myself." Sephiroth looked sternly down at his younger sibling.


Lloyd just nodded his head. Not questioning his brother further more. His eyes narrowed as the two Militaries approached one another.


The General stood looking over the other army. He paused seeing Sephiroth leading the opposing side.


"What?!? No one told us we'd be fighting the great Sephiroth!!" One of the soldiers panicked.


"Well it's not like you'd of joined then" The General swallowed hard and brought his sword into the air to attack.


Sephiroth smirked his aqua eyes narrowed on the enemies. He pulled the Masasume from it's sheathe and raised it into the air. The two armies began charging at each other.

* * * * * * * * *

Sin stood in her place holding the double blade infront of her. As the first of the soldiers came she spun the blade in the air and began the fight.


The battle continued for hours on end. Sin and Sky both slicing at any enemy soldier coming near them. Solar on the other hand was shoot arrows like mad from a tree she had jumped into. Sky suddenly looked on to see a good friend of hers fall dead on the battle field. Her eyes lit up with anger and she leaped into the air her sword raised above her head. She looked down onto the one who had killed her friend and lowered the sword. As her feet landed on the soft earth the soldier fell into 2 pieces.


Sin continued blocking off all soldiers from her. She stopped seeing 4 surrounding her. She pulled her blade back behind her. The woman soon lashed it out in a circle. Her enemies stood there from a second til finally all 4 of their heads fell to the ground.
Sin looked up realizing no other soldiers were coming. She turned her head to see a white flag being raised by the surviving enemy troops. She smirked and looked to Sky who was yanking her sword from a man's stomach.


She turned running over to Sky "We've won!!"


Sky nods her head then looks down at the corpse "I know we have, but look at the price of victory."


Sin eyes lower to the ground "Oh..."


Later on in the evening Sin and Solar dragged corpses over to Sky who ended up getting the job of burning them.


"Sky here's the last of them" Solar moaned pulling a a few bodies.


Sky shook her head and turned seeing Sephiroth "That jerk! He just acts as if nothing had happened at all."


Sin turned her head to look to Sephiroth once again the coldness of him struck her in her thoughts. She seemed too angered by his actions yet from some reason she felt almost sorry for him. The reason still seemed unknown to her. She finally turned away and headed back to campsite where Sky and Solar await for her.

* * * * * * *

Sephiroth turned to look at Lloyd who was counting how many soldiers left. Lloyd turned to look as Sephiroth and sighed.


"Sephiroth we only have about 50 soldiers left!" Lloyd looked in sorrow at his brother Sephiroth nodded his head and returned to washing the blood off of the Masasume. His long silver hair draped down over his black trench coat. His eyes seemed to show no feeling what so every except a cold glare that never seemed to leave his expression.


Lloyd sighed once more and looked away from his brother. He knew Sephiroth would give him an answer like that. He knew Hojo had raised Sephiroth to feel no emotion but Hate. Lloyd despised Hojo for this very reason. He was often even tempted to attack Hojo but he knew he would make Sephiroth kill him. Even if it did mean killing his own brother.

* * * * * *

Sin laid sleeping peacefully until a loud cry of pain was heard. She jerked awake and ran out with her double blade in hand. Her eyes widened seeing enemy soldier fill the camp. She looked around seeing Sky and Solar both fighting.


Sin, ignoring the fact she had no armor on, ran into the battle. She began attacking any enemy soldier in her sight. She moved back a bit to dodge a blade but fell to the ground. Her eyes widen as she looked to a blade about to come down and finish her off. She shut her eyes for a moment then opened them again realizing nothing happened. She looked up was dumbstruck for a moment. Above her was Sephiroth. He had pulled her away from the blade.


Sephiroth got up and ran after the man who he pulled Sin away from. Sin got up still under shock but didn't show it.


After the battled ended the few soldiers that were left returned to their tents. Sin was bruised and scraped and a large gash spilled blood on her left leg. She limped over to Sky and Solar who had also survived the surprise attack.