Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Celestial Embrace: The Perfect Sin ❯ The Price For Love ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4 - The Price of Love

It was another depressing morning for those left of Hojo's army. Sephiroth sat cleaning blood off of the Masasume once again. Lloyd looked and began taking count of how many had survived the surprise attack of the night


"Sephiroth we only have about 7 of use left!" Lloyd jumped counting the soldiers.

"I know" Sephiroth glanced over to his brother then back to the Masasume.

A grin appeared on Lloyd's face "Well we have one soldier alive because of you." points over to Sin who was chatting with Sky and Solar "So why did you save her?"
Sephiroth glared at Lloyd "I didn't like the look on the man's face that was about to kill her. She was in the way so I simply moved her so I could kill him."


Lloyd shook his head and looked up to a carriage pulling up to the campsite. Sephiroth looked up for a moment to see Hojo step out of the horse driven vehicle. Sephiroth stood and sheathed the Masasume stepping over to Hojo. The man was short compared to Sephiroth, he gazed about the campsite. Hojo slowly turned his head back to Sephiroth.


"Exactly how many perished in the battles?" Hojo questioned him.


"Over 1000 have been killed. Only 7 of us remain now" Sephiroth looked down at Hojo the serious expression never leaving his face.


"Well any way I'll be staying here to observe the army and the new recruits that will be arriving shortly. Now if you don't mind I'm going to find a nice place to sit." Hojo rambled on aimlessly and finally turned to walk off.

* * * * * * *

Sin sat quietly on a rock thoughts racing through her head like mad. I despised the man earlier last night because he showed no sympathy what so ever for those who died. Yet he saves 1 person's life and it turns out to be me. But why?! Should I thank him? or should I Not? Okay just calm down Sin.


Sin and began walking over to where Sephiroth was sitting. She approached him slowly. Hojo turned to Sin and began to watch intensely
"Sephiroth...sir." Sin swallowed hard as Sephiroth looked up "I was wanting to thank you for saving my life last night."


Sephiroth slowly nodded his head and Sin turned away and walked to a rock. Sky looked at Sin then to Sephiroth.


"He did what?!" Sky shouted loudly


Sin sat silently trying to hide a blush that had spread across her cheeks. Hojo smirked evilly and stepped over to Sin.


He looked down to her "what do you think of Sephiroth? You seem quiet interested in the man."


Sin look up and shook her head vigorously. "No..no!! I just think he was a great leader. Plus he saved me and I thanked him. Nothing beyond that!!"


Hojo smirked "Stop lying to me girl. I can tell you like him a lot more then you say."


Sin stared up at Hojo and remained silent.


Hojo looked drown and the smirk spread wider " Well you know there is a price to pay for caring for Sephiroth."


Sin jolted up and glared at Hojo "What?!"


"Yes the price for loving him is death! I don't want any emotion but hate to feel him. He is the perfect weapon and feelings with effect his fighting. So I will have you killed in the morning." Hojo grinned sadistically


" YOU BASTARD!!" She snarled at Hojo.


"Guards seize this woman now!" He order two guards he had brought along. One grabbed Sin by each arm.


Sky looked up and tried to run at Hojo but was restrained by Solar. Lloyd turned to see the commotion.


"Hojo she is one of our best soldiers" Lloyd snarled


Hojo sneered "I don't care! She broke a rule and must be punished. Sephiroth come along."


Sephiroth nodded his head and began to trail behind Hojo.

* * * * * * * *

The next morning Sin sat silently in a cell being guarded by Sephiroth. The door opened and Sephiroth stood there looking in.


"Time already?" Sin sighed


Sephiroth nodded his head silently.


Sin stepped forward and looked up into Sephiroth's aqua eyes.


"Sephiroth you know what the crime was?"


"Yes death" he respond


Sin shook her head "No that is only the punishment. I'm being put to death by hojo because..." She looked up "because I fell in love with you."


The two stayed silent for a until Sin jumped up and kissed Sephiroth. The two stayed like this for a moment or two, but Sin finally let go and turned seeing the gaurds come in. She step forward and they tied her hands behind her back and walked out.
Sephiroth stood in shock for a moment. His eyes once had been full of hate had finally shown something new to him, love. Sephiroth looked out to see Sin walking up to be killed, his eyes narrowed.


Sin walked silently as the guards took her to the stage. Her eyes we lower looking to the gaurds. Sin a few times tried to stop but the gaurds yanked. Finally they had reached the stage where the gaurds threw Sin onto the gaurd making her head fit onto a wooden block. Hojo gripped the ax handle and pulled down his mask over his face. He lifted the ax into the air. Sin shut her eyes as he did. She opened then once again realizing nothing has happened. She looked up to see once again Sephiroth there to save her.


Sephiroth glared at hojo as he stopped the ax from falling to hurt Sin.


"Sephiroth WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Hojo yelled angerily "You do what I say!!"


Sephiroth ignored Hojo and pushed his backwards knocking the ax from his hands.

Sephiroth in quick movement pulled out the Masasume and impaled Hojo with it. Sin looked up at Sephiroth from where she was on the ground.


"Sephiroth....why did you save me?" She whispered quietly a bit shaken


Sephiroth leaned foward to help her up "Why do you think?" He smirked. Sin's face lit up in red as her silver eyes met up with Sephiroth's bright aqua colored ones.

* * * * * * * *

Lloyd sat quietly polishing the dragon buster. He lifted his head every so often but this time when he did he could see Sephiroth walking towards them. Lloyd ran up to him sky and Solar soon following.


"Did hojo? You know" Lloyd asked worridly


Sephiroth grinned evilly looking as if he just killed something.


"Sephiroth you didn't kill her did you" Sky glared looking at him


Sin walked out from behind Sephiroth hearing she was metioned "What? kill me?"


Sephiroth began laughing sadistically as Sin had came out.


"Sephiroth?! You killed....hojo" Lloyd looked up to his brother the only other guess he had.


Sephiroth stopped laughing and nodded his head. Sin smiled and looked up at Sephiroth for a moment then to the others.


"What made you do that?!" Lloyd yelled at his brother in a confused manner


Sephiroth looked down to Sin who waved her hand in the air a bit. Sky looked at her oddly for a moment then to Sephiroth. Solar suddenly grinned a bit. Sky looked at Solar and her eyes widen.


"You mean...you two...EWWW!!" Sky squealed loudly.

* * * * * * * *

At the palace where hojo had lived Scarlet, his assistant sat boredly at her desk. She looked up boredly to see a soldier approach her.
"What do you want" She demanded.


"Scarlet..Hojo has been killed. Sephiroth lost control" The soldier stood announcing it to her


"Oh Hojo is dead!! I'm in charge now!" She stands proudly "but umm who's Sephiroth? He sounds familiar"


The soldier walked back into the room with Sephiroth's file. He laid it down onto her desk


"Well lets see now" She opened the file and began to read "Well ain't he just the hottest. I must meet this Sephiroth. Bring him to me!!!"


"Uh...Scarlet.." He choked "Sephiroth ran off with woman named Sin"


"Who is this Sin" Her voice raised in a high pitched angered tone


The soldier pulled out her file and turned to look at Scarlet. Scarlet's eyes began wandering down the paper put in front of her.


"Well we'll just see about her. Orders now are to have her kill and Sephiroth brought to me" Scarlet eyes narrowed and she hit her hands against the desk angrily.