Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Complications ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Complications

~~

A/N: March forward onto the chapter!

~~


Disclaimer: Read previous chapters.

~~

Chapter 5: Aires and Mackenzie

Mackenzie lazily strolled through the hallways of the first floor of Balamb Garden. She was purposely making Aires wait. She knew that Aires absolutely hated that.

When she finally found herself in front of the cafeteria, she entered to try and find Aires, ignoring the long line waiting for Hot Dogs. She saw Zell in the line.

"Figures," she whispered to herself.

~Flashback~

"Zell! What are you doing?" a 7-year-old Mackenzie stated as she ran after the man.

"Hot Dogs! What else?"

"YUCK!"

"How can you hate Hot Dogs?"

"I just hate them!" Mackenzie argued, and then marched into her spot to order anything BUT Hot Dogs.

~End Flashback~

Mackenzie smiled at the memory while looking around the cafeteria for Aires. She spotted her along with two men sitting at a table talking.

~~

Aires looked up and saw Mackenzie approaching them.

"She's here," Aires whispered to her husband, Gary, but said it load enough for Sayrion and Angel to hear.

~~

A child looked up at her mother just as Aires looked down at her.

"Mackenzie's here, Ashley."

"Yay! Mackenzie!" the 6-year-old exclaimed.

~~

Mackenzie studied the table further to realize that Ashley was there also.

"Oh man, not her. Wait, isn't that Sayrion and Angel... Yeah, sure is," the 13-year-old mumbled.

Mackenzie stopped in front of the table and sat down.

"Hey."

"Mackenzie!"

`Shut up brat!'

"Hello Ashley. Hello Aires, Sayrion, and Angel."

"Mackenzie, why can't you be proper and sa..." Angel mumbled.

`Angel, the ever-so-polite wife of Sayrion. Surprised you haven't had any brats yet.'

"Don't give me the `lecture'. Mom already gave it to me."

~~

Aires glared at her niece. Sayrion and herself never really minded Mackenzie just calling them by their names, but Angel sure had a problem with it.

"So, what's new Mackenzie?" Aires asked, trying to break the tension that was rising in the air.

"Oh, mom enrolled Rachel, Sora, and myself into SeeD. Don't see why though."

"It's to keep you out of trouble Mackenzie! Don't think I didn't feel you use your powers earlier during my class!"

~~

Mackenzie glared at her aunt, the co-instructor of the `Use of Nunchaku's' class along with Selphie.

"Since when do I get into trouble?"

"Since ever. You've always fought with Rachel," Sayrion stated.

~~

"What, what's going on mommy?"

"Nothing baby. Why don't you head out to the orphanage? Auntie Erin told me that she was going to be out there this afternoon. I'm sure that she'd love to see you!"

"What if a monster attacks me?"

"A monster won't attack you. Now, run along Ashley."

~~

`Thank you Aires. You are sending off the brat!'

"But I don't want to go alone!"

"How about this... I'll have Mackenzie take you out there, I need to talk grown-up talk here."

`Oh gods, not me! Why me?'

"Mackenzie, will you please do it? I promise to pay you back for it later. Oh, and don't be getting any ideas about me paying you back with anything big!"

`Darnit.'

"Fine, I'll take her. Come on Ashley, let's go. How about we see if we can find my sister first?"

"Cousy Rachel? OK!"

`Cousy? What the? Child talk, I guess. I didn't talk like THAT when I was younger.'

"Now, now Ashley Prayling Siri. How about we go find YOUR brother and sister, and then go find Rachel?"

"OK! I'm sure they're back at the rooms!"

`Dorms, you brat, DORMS!'

~~

~~
~~

A/N: I introduced a bunch of characters this chapter, so if you were paying attention, you'll know who they are. Yes, I've made Ashley out to be a brat. I don't even know what I'm going to name the brother and sister right now for Ashley. Anyways, please review? Oh yeah, and let me know if you think that this story is more or less interesting than After the End (or if they are the same).