Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Fighting with my Fender ❯ The Guitar ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Final Fantasy X. It's already owned by Hironobu Sakaguchi and Square Enix^^

The whole story is written in Rain's point of view
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first time I ever got into a fight was also the first time I ever played guitar.
I had just gotten my Fender for my 18th birthday, and the moment I started playing, I killed a bird.

Yeah, no kidding I killed a bird.

At first I thought the bird was shocked by how it sounded, but pretty soon I discovered it was the guitar that had special powers.

The first thing I did when I noticed my guitar was hazardous, was call the store where my mom had bought it.

"I'm sorry miss, but it's hard to believe your guitar has special powers."
"But I'm telling you!" I yelled at the guy on the other side of the line. "I killed a bird with it!"
The guy laughed.
"Listen kid, you're supposed to play the thing, not hit things with it!"

I rolled my eyes.
"But I only played it!" I said.
"Sure." The guy paused. "If something's wrong with the guitar itself, come see me at the store... If not, then leave it."
I sighed and said goodbye before hanging up. I decided from now on I would play it only in my room, where I was alone. I didn't want to end up in jail because of some guitar.


The more I played guitar, the more I got to know it.
After a month of playing I found out how to use it.
Every type of music triggered a different attack, and whenever I would improvise, it would actually do physical damage.
I found this very annoying, because I didn't feel like poisoning my audience if I got good enough to play gigs, but I also knew this could be much of a help if I ever got in trouble.

And well... In trouble I got!


"HOWAAH!" I screamed when a strange creature came up to me. "I never really saw a fiend before!"

I had just went to the Calmlands to play a little guitar, when I encountered a fiend.

"What do you want?" I asked the creature, putting my arms protectively around my guitar.
It didn't say anything back but just wiggled a bit.
I just wanted to turn around and leave when it hit me with a fire-attack.
"Pfffffff." I rolled my eyes and wondered what to do.
To run, or not to run. That was the question.

To run.

I ran away from the thingy, and when I thought I was far enough I found out I was lost.
Lost, on the Calmlands, with only my Fender as my company.

And that's how I found out I could get rid of fiends by playing music.

I fought my way over the Calm Lands, and I was doing a pretty good job if I say so myself.

And then... I encountered a Malboro.