Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Fighting with my Fender ❯ Avoiding him ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Final Fantasy X. It's already owned by Hironobu Sakaguchi and Square Enix^^
Auron is the main character next to Rain by the way...

The whole story is written in Rain's point of view
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remain silent. A bit confused and definately shocked, I'm afraid to reply.
I'm urged to say no. I'm urged to say yes. But I just remain silent. I wonder what Auron would think if I did.

Oh hell, he already thinks I do, doesn't he.

It takes a few minutes for Auron to say something again.
"Well?"

I shrug. "Really, what does it matter?"
"I don't know."

Great answer Auron.

I decide to get out of this quite uncomfortable situation, and stand up.
Well, I make an attempt to. Auron tugs his coat and I fall back on my butt.

"Don't run off now, it's not the right time."
I snicker, a bit too aware of myself.
"Listen, I don't know if you didn't notice or anything, probably not because I don't see a lot of you these days, but I don't mind having you around at all." Auron says.
"Okay..."
Auron sighs. "I'm not sure what to say."
I shrug. "In that case..."

I stand up, fully this time, and slip off the red coat I secretly want to hold on to. I give it back to Auron and head for the entrance to the ship.
Shivering a bit I walk back inside, ignoring Kimahri who bumps into me.

"Girl mad?" I hear his deep voice behind me.
I don't pay attention to it, and head straight for a random place where I can be alone.

Yes, flying through the air is lovely, it just bugs me there's no place to go when you need some time on your own.
And yeah, I need that a lot.

I'm alone for exactly five minutes before Tidus comes running in.
"We're almost at Luca!" He cheers.

The man is happy Yuna isn't going to die from the Final Summoning, so I can't blame him.

"Can't I stay here?" I ask.
Tidus shakes his head. "No, we need to protect Yuna, remember?"
Lovely, being a guardian is just dandy.
"Yeah, but Luca's safe right?" I ask bored.
Tidus nodds. "But that's not a guarantee that it'll stay safe."
I sigh and get up from my lovely being-alone spot. Tidus will keep on nagging, and I don't want to argue with him.

He does protect Yuna too much, she's not that helpless.

I follow Tidus to the exit of the ship, and join up with the others, desperately trying to avoid eye-contact with Auron.
I wonder if he told someone already... He doesn't seem like the type to tell things like that though. He doesn't seem like the type to tell anyone anything at all in the first place.

When we reach the city I'm kind of amazed by how big it is. It takes my mind off of Auron for a while, as long as I don't look at him, and that's somewhat of a relief.

After a while we decide to split up. Everyone has his or her own thing to do, and so I take off on a journey to... Well, I don't know.

I end up at something like a pub, and order something to drink. There's not much to do anyway.

When I head back from the bar to meet up with the others again, only Auron is there.

"They're late." He grunts.
I shrug. I can't blame them, it's not like we get into real cities very often.

The others don't show up very early, and I'm starting to worry. Maybe Tidus is right, maybe I should've stayed close to Yuna.

"They're fine." Auron says.
I turn around and stare at him. "Says who?"
"I do."

I roll my eyes and turn around again, but Auron steps in front of me.

"Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough earlier." He suddenly says. "When I said I like having you around, I didn't mean it in the same way I like having Tidus around."
"Oh..."
"Well, maybe actions do speak louder than words..."