Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Fighting with my Fender ❯ "You like me." ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Final Fantasy X. It's already owned by Hironobu Sakaguchi and Square Enix^^
Auron is the main character next to Rain by the way...

The whole story is written in Rain's point of view
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, I will not describe the fight against Yunalesca. I can only say that, despite the fact it was the hardest fight I've ever been in, we won. We easily won, even though Yunalesca used some crazy-ass zombie spells on us.

But there's a thing that is much more important, isn't there?
There is Auron. And Auron matters a lot more to me than defeating some random woman who has been dead for many years.

And of course there's still Sin, who we yet need to beat.
I believe we're able to go see Sin now. I don't feel like it yet though, because I just saw Sin, and I swear, it freaked me out.
Thank God it didn't attack, it just watched us. And than some random airship came to pick us up. An airship with Al-Bhed people. I don't understand their language though.

Ahwell, who cares, we're off to Luca, I believe. At least that's what they said. That they wanted to visit some towns before the fight with Sin.

I stand up and decide to walk around for a bit since there isn't much to do here anyway. Unless you like it when Brother says things that don't make sense.

I walk through the door, and see Auron standing against a wall. He looks up confused when he hears me enter, and I wonder what he's thinking about.

"Ten Gil for your thoughts." I say, half joking, half serious.
Auron shakes his head. "I wasn't thinking, really."
I nodd and roll my eyes. "Sure."

I decide to continue walking, because talking to Auron will only make me feel worse.
A few moments later I encounter Rin, some Al-Bhed salesman.

"Good evening, how can I help you?" He asks nicely, with a cute accent.
I shrug. "Got anything against a heartache?"
Rin shakes his head. "The only thing against a heartache is time, and I do not know if we have much of that left."
I smirk. "Dang, aren't you the most positive person on this ship..."

I decide to leave again before even Rin brings me down more, and I end up on the airship.
Enjoying the wind in my hair I watch the scenery go by. Sin better not interrupt this moment, because I will definately kill him for it.

In my mind I kill Sin, and absentmindedly I snap my fingers.
"Just like that." I say to nobody in particular.

"Just like that?" Someone behind me asks.
I snap back into the real world and feel Auron sit down next to me.
"Aren't you afraid of falling off?" He asks.
I shrug. "No..."
"Aren't you cold?"
"I always am, nothing new there."
Auron snickers and I feel him moving around.

You've got to be kidding me...

I sigh when the huge coat is draped around my shoulders again, but Auron doesn't notice.

"You always do that when people are cold?" I dare to ask.
"No." The plain reply is.

Nothing is said than, and I enjoy the scenery from up high again. The world looks so different from up in the sky, is quite magical, I must say.

"So...?" Auron's voice catches my attention. "When are you going to tell me why you somehow keep avoiding me?"
"I'm not avoiding you..." I say.
"Yes you are."

I slightly shake my head and wonder what to say. The man isn't stupid, and it's not a wonder he noticed.
It's just... Something feels wrong about this, and it isn't just the difference in age.

"You're hiding something." Auron continues.
"So are you." I reply.

It's true, there's something he won't speak about, and everyone knows that. He refuses to tell anyone though.

"I have my reasons." Auron says.
"So do I."

"There are no reasons to be hiding things from me though, especially when they concern me too."
I snicker. "Who says it has to do with you."
"You only avoid me."

I nodd. He's right.
I bend my head and take a deep breath, wondering if he should know.

"Listen, it's something stupid, and it'll ware off." I say, trying to change the subject a bit.

Auron remains silent for a while, and than says something I wasn't expecting.

"You like me."