Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Fighting with my Fender ❯ Prequel to the Sequel ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Final Fantasy X. It's already owned by Hironobu Sakaguchi and Square Enix^^
Auron is the main character next to Rain by the way...

The whole story is written in Rain's point of view
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This takes place four year after the defeat of Sin.

I was asked to become a sphere-hunter when Yuna and Rikku became one.
I wasn't interested though. The only good thing that could've come out of it was... Well, nothing.

Auron however hasn't my mind left ever since he was sent.
His voice haunted my dreams and every single thing I do still reminds me of him.

The only person I saw after I left the gang was Kimahri. I have actually taken a liken to Mount Gagazet, and well, Kimahri is there too. Obviously.
He doesn't say much though. Which is nice, because the one time I ran into Yuna, Rikku and their new friend, Paine, they could only talk about getting over the whole Sin-thing.
I AM over Sin, I'm just not over AURON yet. There is a difference you know?

Kimahri told me to get some closure. Well, in his own way.

"Maybe girl visit Farplane?"
I shrugged. "And than?"
"See Auron, talk to Auron, and maybe girl feels better."

I sighed. I could go, but it wouldn't be Auron I'd see there, just a stupid memory. And I was afraid that if I would see Auron once, I would stay around there just to see him again, and again, and again.
And I was afraid of what it would do to me.

So I never set foot there. I didn't even come close to the Farplane, out of fear of going there, and returning devastated.

But now it has been four years. Four full years of evil dreams about Auron being sent, and of locking myself away from others.
I think it's time.
I'm ready.

When I reached Guadosalam, or whatever they called it by now, I felt hesitation.
A cold shiver went down my spine as I walked through the hallway and up the stairs.
Before stepping onto the Farplane I took a deep breath in and turned around.
Last chance...

No.

I walked to the edge of the rock I appeared to be standing on and stared into the distance. I wasn't there to enjoy the view though.

For the first time in a very long time I said the name.

"Auron." It came out as a whisper, but I felt stupid for saying it. Thankfully I was here all by myself. Nobody else here to pay a visit to the dead.

When Auron, or my memory of him, appeared in front of me I gasped.
"Auron oh my God."

I sank to my knees and tears welled up in my eyes for the first time since I last saw him. All these emotions had nowhere to go, and stayed away for so long, and now at the point where I need them to stay away, they decide to pop up.

"Auron I hate you."

The image of Auron didn't move.

"I hate you because you never said anything." I sobbed. "You never said anything, and not only that, but you didn't even say bye."

Auron was still motionless. I knew he was going to be, but it still hurt like hell.

"Look at me, Auron." I said. "You're making me talk into thin air."

I looked up and stared at his face.
The glasses I always found rather odd, the good eye and weird hair.
And of course the red coat I wore myself at times.

"I miss you so." I whispered. "I miss you so... Yuna saw Tidus again you know? And Lulu and Wakka have a kid..." I shook my head. "And I? I have nothing. Nothing at all."

I remained silent, wondering if he would leave than.
He didn't though.

"I... I'm so screwed up."

Even his one hand was out of the sleeve again... Some things never change...
Than again, this is how I remember him.

"Is there... Are you... Do..." I was at the loss of words. "Are you still there somewhere?"
Desperate for some kind of reacion I stared at him intensely.
"It feels like it sometimes. Like you could walk through the door at any moment. Or that I will see you if I turn around..." I sighed. "You're never there though. I bet it's just my mind playing tricks on me."

I stared at the rocky ground I was standing on before continueing.

"I... I don't get it, Auron. You were an unsent for so long, why leave at that moment? Yuna could've stopped right? She coul've done it some other time. You didn't have to go right away, it was you who said it was al right... But why? You didn't have to do that to me. I was just happy about my feelings for you and than you do this."

I stood up again and turned my back to him.

"I don't know if I'll ever see you again... But I swear, if I do, I will make sure you get some sense pounded into you."

I turned back to stare at him again, half expecting him to be gone now, but he still wasn't."

"I love you, Auron, and for that I hate you." I paused. "And I hate myself... I hate myself for loving you."

After that I sprinted back to the stairs that led me back to the normal world.

However when I exited the hallway that separated Guadosalam from the Farplane, I could've sworn I felt a gust of wind again my face and heard my name.