Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Jidoor to the Cresent Mt. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Jidoor:


"Celes, oh Celes my dear," Ompresario called out for the ex-general, "where are you?" He walked himself into a room and a woman screamed. "Sorry," he closed the door back and continued calling for the blonde woman. "Celes?!"


In the dressing room a blonde woman stood up and patted a red heads shoulders, "Good luck."


"Thank you." The woman replied going behind the curtains.

"Celes?" She heard her name.


"I'm in the dressing room!" She walked over to the door and opened it letting the stout little man barge in.


"I've been looking all over for you, how are the actress' and actors doing on their lines?" The stout man asked in a hurried panic.


"They're doing just fine, Maria is on her way out and ready to sing." Celes salutes with a smile,


"Oh good...." He sidles up to her. "Saaay, you could be in the show if you twisted my arm right?" Ompresario said trying to coax her into doing it.


Ever since their encounter with the opera house that year she had taken an interest in the place, not to be a singer or one of the actress's but being behind the scenes as make-up, and line prep's. So far the owner had been trying to get her to star in another one of the shows, but she refuses, 'to many memories' she would always reply. "Oh well, it was worth a try. Places people, placeees." She watched him leave the room to conduct the score, as he usually does and turned back to her work.


"I can't believe you're turning down such a good opportunity." A young voice said behind her. "Relm, are you finished already?" She asked looking at the little artist from the mirror. Relm walked over to the vanity mirror and sat down on the top of it. "Yup, Owtzer says I'm the fastest and the best painter he's ever known. I even get to be in an art show." Relm bragged and turned to the mirror grabbing a lip stick off the dresser top, then began to apply it on her lips making them a ruby red.


"I'm gonna enter a picture of Grandpa Strago in battle to show how wise and fierce he fought." The little artist admired her reflection with a grin.
"That sounds beautiful, Relmy." Celes smiled at her. Strago wasn't dead, no. But he was in no condition to fight anymore, he was too old his body was weak no matter how hard he tried to fight it. Strago had to remain in bed care with a house nurse, while Relm came to Jidoor to stay with Celes and while the ex-knight worked at the opera house Relm painted for Owtzer.


"Wouldn't it be nice," the girl said sweetly but her face was serious. "if Setzer came to the opera house and you were performing?"


'It would be nice if someone came....I miss everyone so much.....especially Lo-" Celes thought but didn't finish the sentence because Relm's voice had broken her thoughts. "Isn't it to bad all the bad is gone and we're getting on with our lives?"
"What a horrible thing to say, fighting is bad" Celes was saying to her.


"Even still...it would be nice if we were all together again, even if the reason were bad." She turned back to her reflection to put on more make-up. 'She's right,' Celes thought. 'good or bad I would love to see Locke again.' She sighed silently and looked at herself in the mirror.


An underground cave in the Veldt:


Roof! Roof! "What is it Intercepter?" The dog sniffed at the moist earth and wandered a distance from Shadow who was barely visible in the darkness of the cave. After the thieves cleared the caves of the Veldt, Shadow had taken refuge down inside of the caves in the deep end so no one would know he were there and so far no one had found him.


Dark and hidden, coming out only for food, so far life had been going alright. Until today when his trusty companion had sniffed out some tress passers. He followed the dog until it stopped and when he did, Shadow didn't like what he saw. 'The Empires soldiers.....why are they here? What could they be planning?'


"I say we have a full fledged attack on every village!" One of them shouted pounding his fist on the cave walls. "I say we send out wanted posters and have them turned in, remember the boss wants them alive." Another one replied, they all began to argue about what to do when a shrill voice came out of the shadows.


"Men, men, please, lets not fight about this. Just find them, there aren't that many villages around here surely they must be hiding in one of them."
"It's the boss," they whispered. "I can't believe he's here."
"But sir, tracking down the Returners hasn't been easy, we killed one of them in the fields- at least we thought we did. As we were returning here we saw that one of our men was gone, we went back to the field to find him and he was lying in the grass bare sir, and...dead." The figure raised an eyebrow. "We think the Returner may have killed him and is going to get help, soon." The soldiers looked at the shadowy figure wondering what he would say to this news.


The shrill voice had changed into an evil deeper one as he spoke and Shadow could swear that he recognized it. 'Is their boss more than one person?' The ninja wondered, but put his ear back to the conversation.


"So we had better pick up our pace, I want this land- all of it!" The figure moved closer into the light, his voice was changing back into a shrill one again slowly with every word. "And I will get it." He laughed and as the man leaned into the light, Shadow was about to see he face when everything went black.