Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Fight or Flight? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Whistles. "Would you look at that thing." Locke said, admiring the air ship. "It's bigger than the last one!"

Setzer replied with a low laugh. "Yeah, she's a beauty alright...but what are you two doing out here, having a reunion without me hm?" Setzer said jokingly.

"Actually," Edgar began, "we're searching the mountain for any left behind clues to a bit of a mystery that's popped up." He ended his sentence by sticking his long sword into the dirt. "What- mystery?" Setzer said looking at both of their faces. "Locke thinks that-..., nooo, what's a better way to say this?" Edgar pondered about it a minute.

"What he's trying to say is that I was attacked by soldiers in the fields around here, not just any soldiers either- recognize these?" He tossed the soldiers clothes at him making him jump back from the sudden surprise. He picked the clothes up off the ground and studied them. "Are these-...?" He started, and they both nodded with a simultaneous answer. "Yup."

"The Empire...." Edgar said walking back over to the mountain, trying to stare up to its peak.

"We climbing that thing?" Setzer said following the kings eyes with his own.

"Yup. I figured we'd let my men lead the way incase something suspicious is going on up there we won't be seen and they won't know where we're going." Edgar said.

"And where might that be?" Setzer asked.

"The returner hide out. It's a perfect place to hold a meeting, they won't go there looking for us, it's too obvious." They nodded.

"Well, what are we waiting for then, lets scale this thing or go through or how ever you get up there." Setzer started to walk, but Edgar stopped him with an arm across his chest.

"Hold it a minute." Edgar was saying.

"Yes?"

"I'm glad you're here actually," Edgar began, "because I need you to do something for me?" He gestured for Locke to come over to them and hear as well.

"Sure, anything." Setzer replied not knowing what he may be volunteering for. "How fast is your ship?" He asked. "Fastest vessel alive." He replied.

"Good. I need you to take me into every and any village we see, we have to gather our troops- our....friends."

* * *

"See ya guys later!" Locke shouted up to the air ship. "And don't worry about the hide out, I'm on my way there now!" He waved one last time and dashed over to the mountains entrance.

"See you later, Locke!" Edgar shouted. "We'll be back in no time at all." They waved until he was gone and then the motors and engine whine and the fans began to whirl and the air ship lifted off the ground into the sky.

Mt. Kolts. Locke began to make his way through the caves and tunnels of the mountain running to a few familiar faces of danger. He had to be swift to battle with two brawlers but the outcome was successful, he even managed to pick up 100 gold pieces and they dropped a potion in their escape from the fight.

"Wished I'd of come up here more," he was saying to himself . "I'm gonna need a map." He looked from the left to the right, two openings in the cave. 'Which one?' He took a chance with the one to his left and it seemed to be the right way. Locke fought more and more the higher he got to the mountains peak.

'Does this mean that there's more Empire activity up here?' He thought gradually as he looked for the right openings. "Alright, one more cave and I'm out...." He made it through the twist and turns without seeing another monster or creature and he when he was off the mountain he sprinted across the field to the returner head quarters.