Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Fight or Flight? (Part 3) ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3.


In the Returner cave. Locke looked around horrified. The place was completely trashed! "What happened in here?" He walked around chairs, paper, and garbage. "Did the Empire look here first and trash the place?" He said to himself. Clank! A metallic sound from a room got his attention. He pulled out his assassin, which he'd kept incase of an emergency.


'You can't sneak up on me, I'm the one with the advantage here.' He thought waiting for the person to come out. "Locke?" A voice said stepping out from a back room, it was......Mog! Kupu!


"What are you doing here?" Locke was saying, "It could be dangerous to just walk around outside now." He crossed the room patting the little guy on the back.

"I went for a long walk and found myself here-.." Mog answered. "What do you mean it's not safe to walk around?" The leader of the Moogles asked curiously.


"Edgar will explain everything once he and Setzer get back with the others." He turned a chair right side up and sat himself down. "For now lets just, catch up, hm?" The thief smiled at him and Mog sat down as well and began to tell him about all the things he and his Moogle friends had done over the year.


* * *


"This is so great, I was just wishing we'd see you guys again!" Relm shouted walking over to Edgar and throwing her arms around his neck. "Uh yeah, it's nice to see you too," The king replied placing her down on the deck. "Celes, it's good to see you how have you been doing?" Edgar asked her kissing her on the hand.

"I've been doing great, I have a job at the opera house getting the actress' and actors ready." The ex-general said smiling, but her attention wasn't on Edgar or her job, her eyes skimmed the area for Locke but she didn't see him.


"Please," Setzer began, "make yourselves at home." The ship was taking off again. "Where exactly are we going?" Celes asked walking over to Setzer giving him a smile. "Where do you think Terra might be?" The gambler asked. "I'm not sure, maybe Mobliz she might have stayed with the children after....you know." They all nodded as he steered the ship east towards the Veldt.


* * *


In a cave hanging over a water fall Shadow is coming too.


"What hit me?" The ninja asked rubbing his head a moment. "Interceptor?!" Roof! Roof! The dog then began to whimper, Shadow felt around in the dark until his hands came across the dog, tied to a large rock and bleeding. Shadow growled lowly in himself swearing that the Empire would pay for hurting Interceptor.


"But we have to tell the others boy, I think I might know where to find them too." The ninja picking up the dog but Interceptor leaped back out of his arms and began to trot beside him. "You're strong, my friend. Lets go before they come back to finish the job."


* * *


In Mobliz. The whole village heard the huge air ship sweeping through the sky, before it came to a land. "What is that?!" The kids shouted. Terra looked stunned and happy, Gau was already up to them climbing all over them talking a mile a minute about what he's been doing and how nice it was to see them. They laughed along with him hearing the story of how he chased two monsters away with his bare hands on Veldts field.


"Terra, my lady." Edgar kissed her hand as well. "You look stunning."


"Thank you." She said shyly, the Esper girl never really took well to compliments.

"How have you been?" Setzer asked her with interest. "I've been very good actually, I'm a teacher for the students and I basically watch them when their parents can't-..."


Gau jumped down from Edgar's shoulders and ran over to Terra as though he were showing her off. "Friend Terra live with Gau now, she like mother and friend, Gau love her very much." She gave him a quick hug and then her face turned serious.


"What are you all doing here? Where are the others?" That was something Celes wanted to know too.

"Well, we haven't found them yet...but Locke is at the Returners cave." Edgar was motioning them over to the air ship. "But we need to have a meeting to know about our next actions in what could become...." he trailed off. They knew the rest and Terra backed away. "I can't fight, I don't wanna fight anymore."


"But Terra?" Celes began putting her arms around her shoulders. "If we do have to fight we'll need you there with us....it'll be like old times, all of us together again..."


"It's not some reunion!" The Esper girl shouted pulling away. "I can't do it, not with the children in jeopardy..."


"The village will be watched under great protection," Setzer said taking her hands looking her in the eyes continuing. "Umaro, is watching the Moogles who can actually hold their own, if he were to come here with them and something happened, the children would be well taken care of.....please Terra?" She looked at his face and then at the others who had the same pleading look.


"Okay," she said lowly. "I trust my friends and their word, no harm will come to these kids with Umaro and the Moogles protecting them. Lets do it."


Her spirits began to raise a bit when they got on the ship. "There is a good chance that this is all just a scare you know? We might not have to fight after all." Setzer said trying to reassure her. Terra grinned at him and walked below deck to join the others. "Lets go to Tzen, my brother wrote me and said that he'd be moving there with Duncan he could be there now."

"You're the leader." Setzer saluted him and flew in the direction of Tzen.