Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII ❯ Chapter 8 Sephiroth's Alive! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy VII
a fan fic by LIndsey Huff





Chapter VIII: Sephiroth is Alive!



--------Someone's Log-----------
I hear them, three of them. Their footsteps echo down these halls. If they find me here I will have to take force. The fool I've been staying here with has taken no interest in who I am, until now. If Cloud finds out I am here, he'll know everything. I must eliminate them immdently. Let the fools come, their death will come sooner.



Vincent and Reno followed Cloud down the dark hallway that led to the east wing of the manshion. When they got there even more books laid about. Many of them were over turned and some were lying open on the tables and floors. Papers lots and lots of papers were scattered everywhere. Then they saw an open door that led to the library. Many of the books in the library were missing and some of them laid open on the tables. Cloud spotted another door at the end of the library. He headed towards it but stopped suddenly to the sound of a voice.
"I see you've made it here Cloud," a voice called out through the stacks of books.
"Who's there?!" Cloud called out backing up until him, Reno, and Vincent were all standing back to back.
"Have you forgotten me already old friend?" the voice asked in a mocking tone.
"Hey, Cloud do you think it's...." Reno whispered to Cloud.
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! I see you brought some companions! I didn't want to get too much blood on my studies!" the voice said closer and louder.
Suddenly the nearest bookcase began to slide in half. One half was heading backwards and the other half was falling straight towards them. Papers from the cut books fluttered everywhere. The three split as they jumped away from the falling bookcase. Once all the fluttered papers settled a figure could be seen standing on one half of the bookcase.
"Sephiroth!" Cloud said recongizing the figure.
Reno and Vincent looked up and saw Cloud was right. Sephiroth was standing on the half of the bookcase that had fallen backwards. He had an evil grin on his face. He held his long thin bladed sword in his hand.
"Heh, and here I thought you had forgotten me," Sephiroth mocked.
"What are you doing here?!" Cloud demanded.
"Ha! Ha! Ha! That's a ridulous thing to ask Cloud! Isn't obvious, I'm using this place to bring her back!" he replied laughing.
"Bring who back?" Cloud insisted on knowing.
"Jenova....." Reno said just about a whisper.
"Look who the clever one is! My what a good guess that was!" Sephiroth said looking at Reno.
"Jenova....was destroyed when Kadaj...." Cloud began.
"Of course she was! But I have the power to bring Mother back! And I'm almost there!" Sephiroth annouced.
"No...!" Cloud said glaring at him. "I won't let you bring Jenova back!"
"Let's go Cloud," Vincent said watching Sephiroth as he laughed at Cloud.
"We're right beind ya," Reno added.
Cloud nodded. "This time Sephiroth, you're goning down for good!" Cloud said charging for Sephiroth.
Sephiroth smirked and rasied his sword just as Cloud reached him. The swords clanged together and it echoed off the walls of the large library. Sephiroth deflected Cloud off and sent him sliding back a few feet. Reno took his chance at Sephiroth and was struck down instantly. Sephiroth just gave him a hard whack and Reno went soaring into one of the book cases. Vincent aimed his gun at him but Sephiroth reflected it with his sword and used a force feild push Vincent against a wall. Cloud stood panting and watching Sephiroth as he knocked out both of his friends.
"You see Cloud, only those exposed to Mako understand strength and power," Sephiroth said turning towards him still smirking.
"Leave them outta this," Cloud demanded gripping his sword tightly.
"The world is our's to take Cloud. You and I hold the power to dominate this planet. Join me and together we'll recreate Jenova!" Sephiroth offered.
"That's not gonna happen," Cloud replied getting ready to lift his sword again.
"Oh Cloud I wouldn't count on that," Sephiroth said grinning once more.
Cloud charged at him at that moment. Sephiroth held up his sword and their weapons clanged together once more. Again and again they clancked and Sephiroth hadn't moved an inch from where he was standing. Cloud stopped again panting. Sephiroth didn't seemed to be phased one bit by all the colides. Cloud woundered if he had grown even stronger since their last meet.
"What's wrong? You look confused," Sephiroth said in an amused tone.
"How....how.....are you....alive?" Cloud panted.
"Ha! Ha! Ha! I will never die Cloud! And the mako in that city made me even stronger!" Sephiroth laughed.
Sephiroth went over to the collapsed Cloud and picked him up by the collar. Cloud was still out of breath when Sephiroth got a hold of him and was unable to fight him off. Vincent stirred where he sat slumped against the wall. He saw Sephiroth and Cloud and with the last bit of strength he lifted his gun.
"It looks like you cured my stigma, that's too bad," Sephiroth said to Cloud still holding him by the collar.
A noise clicked behind Sephiroth as Vincent loaded the gun and aimed it at his back. He glanced over his shoulder and saw Vincent raising his gun towards him. He smirked and just as Vincent squeezed the trigger, Sephiroth tossed Cloud in front of him. There was a boom as the gun went off. By the time Vincent realized who it was heading for it was too late. The bullet piereced Cloud's chest and he instantly dropped to his knees. Sephiroth stood behind Cloud smirking the most evil smirk.
"No....," Vincent said with his very last energy and then passed out.