Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII ❯ Chapter 17: Jenova! ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy VII
a fan fic by LIndsey Huff





Chapter XVII: Jenova!


Aeris felt as if she was being pulled through different layers of light. First she saw blue, then white, and finally green. Once the green light subsided her and Sephiroth were in a lab somewhere. She called it a lab because of all the glass tubes that surrounded the area. The tubes glowed blue and the only way to look inside of them was a small window on the outside. However her eyes were focused on the center, largest tube, in the circular room. A silver plak on the tank read, "Jenova," in fancy letters. Inside were pieces of something that pulsed. She couldn't make out what it was.
"Is that....Jenova?" she asked walking around the tank.
Sephiroth watched her silently with a pleased look on his face. "Yes, it's what's left of her that is," he replied finally.
"Is it...alive?" Aeris asked watching the pieces inside pulsing.
"If you can call that living. I'm going to give Mother a new body," he said walking up to the glass and touching it affectiontly.
Aeris looked at him, fear tugging at her. "What do you mean by....a new body?" she said her voice shaking.
Sephiroth turned away from the glass and held his hands out to the other tubes surrounding them. "Mako energy of course, but there is one key to unlock it and I need it to revive her," he said and then looked at her with his devious teal eyes. "You are that key, Aeris."
"Me?" she questioned backing away.
"You and I share the same genetics now, you are my sibling Aeris. You hold key to some of my main powers. By conducting them through a machine, Mako energy can be recreated and Mother will live again," he said moving towards her.
"Are you......are you saying that Jenova is my mother too?" she asked her voice soft and panicy.
Sephiroth stopped in his place and smiled as he nodded very slowly. "She is now, and together with our power, we can revive our mother!" he exclaimed proudly looking at the floating bits in the tank.
"What if....what if I refuse to help?" Aeris shot back causing Sephiroth to turn and look at her.
"You refurse......and Cloud and his friends pay the ultimate price," he answered his voice grim and very serious.
Aeris sighed thinking about the possiblites and how Cloud had gone into shock when he killed all those other people. If he ended up killing all of his friends, he'd go mad and probably end up killing himself. Finally she nodded in agreement with Sephiroth's terms. "Show me what I have to do," she said solemly looking down.
Sephiroth grinned again and walked towards her taking her lightly by her arm. "Glad you see it my way, now come," he said tugging her softly behind him.



Cloud awoke sometime later dazed. He looked around dizzily, he didn't make out the place he was in. As his head became more focused he realized that he was in some kind of Inn. He sat up shaking his head, trying to clear. Slowly everything came back to him and the guilt of all the deaths of those people tugged at his heart. There was a noise and he looked up. Yuffie stood in the doorway with her hands on her hips.
"Hey! Welcome back sleepy head!" she said cheerfully.
"Where am I?" Cloud asked looking at her dizzily.
"Well....we're in a city called Haven," she said putting her hands behind her back and leaning against the doorway.
"Haven....is this the same town Sephiroth....?" he started to ask but faded looking away from her.
"Yeah...the church is on the outskirts of the town. Everyone else is out looking around," Yuffie replied her voice sadened.
Cloud didn't say anything he just looked down. A moment later Yuffie ran over to him and grabbed him by the wrist. She pulled him off the bed and out of the inn. They went to the only building in the city that had lights. It was a night club, a dance club. Yuffie tried to get Cloud to dance but he resisted and went to go sit at the bar. After about fifteen minutes Yuffie joined Cloud at the bar.
Vincent was watching them from across the room. His orange eyes were set bitterly on Cloud and Yuffie. After a long moment he turned and started to walk away. Yuffie caught a glimpse of Vincent and told Cloud she'd be back. She followed after him with haste. He led her out of the club and onto the empty dark streets of Haven.
"Vincent, wait up!" Yuffie called and caught up with him. "Why didn't you come over and join us at the bar?"
He stopped suddenly almost causing Yuffie to stumble over him. He didn't look at her. "You seemed comfortable without me," he said bitterly.
"What?" she exclaimed giving him a puzzled look. "Why are you so bitter?"
Vincent didn't say anything to this question he just looked over at her. His eyes locked onto her's. Vincent's deep orange eyes were burning with loneliness, regret, and jealousy. Yuffie examined his eyes and then her puzzled look turned into a bashful smile.
'You're jealous!" she exclaimed. "..But why are you jealous?"
"I have nothing to say to you," Vincent said darkly and started to walk away.
"Vincent! Cloud loves Aeris, I was just trying to make him feel better!" she called to him.
Vincent didn't say anything and jumped up onto a fire escape on the side of a building. He climbed it nearly to the top and then jumped up on the roof of the building. Yuffie looked around for a way to follow him. She climbed onto the fire escape and got to the top. There was a good twenty feet till the top of the building. She backed up to the railing and ran up the wall she made it a good fifteen feet then started to fall. She pounced off the side of the wall and grabbed the side of the top of the flat roof. Now she was dangling by a hand.
Vincent was getting ready to jump to the next building when he noticed that Yuffie was hanging from the side with dear life. He went to her immdently and pulled her up. When he pulled her up, she stumbled and leaned into his chest. Vincent froze in his place like a stature.



Sephiroth led Aeris to a duel machine that was the same on each side. The machine was up on a higher level overlooking the tubes and was shaped to fit the room. Two circular shaped rings with shackles in the middle stood opposite of each other. Attached to that was a long tube that went down to the other tanks. Those tanks had tubes that led to Jenova's tank. The stood in the middle of the two circluar locks.
"This is the machine that will take our power and turn it into raw energy. The energy is transported to the tanks below in small amounts and turned into mako energy. Then that drains into Jenova's tank and feeds her," he explained Aeris' unasked question.
"Will it hurt?" she asked looking at him.
Sephiroth tilted his head back and laughed. "No...." he said shaking his head still chuckling.
Aeris looked at the shackles on the machine and then thought about Cloud again, she let out a long nervous sigh before nodding. "Ok, let's do this," she said.
Sephiroth led her to one of the machines and locked her into it. Now her limbs were spread out at the length of the circle. Her heart was pounding fast, but it helped to know that Sephiroth was putting himself in the same machine. If Sephiroth was using it, then it for surely wouldn't hurt her.
After Sephiroth had locked himself in, he said something that Aeris couldn't make out. The room's lights grew dim and the machine made a soft humming noise. Green light went into the shackles and Aeris' breath was drawn in. She felt as if someone was pushing on her stomach, hard. As if knocking the breath out of her over and over again. She looked down and saw the floating bits growing bigger and bigger. Her vision began to faze after a while, as if she was watching everything through a window. Her eyes grew grey and empty and the last thing she saw before the room went black was Jenova's body finishing.
Sephiroth released himself from the shackles and walked down the metals stairs to the lower level. He walked up to the tank, with amazement flashed in his eyes. Jenova was intereacting, breathing almost inside the tank. He had brought her back. Jenova was alive once more. Sephiroth held up his arms to the sky and then laughed. He slowly lowered them and touched the glass as if it was a wet tissue.
"Mother....we can finally become one with the planet," he said watching Jenova move inside the tank.